Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1821222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Everton v Liverpool

how did should of been winner of the ballon d'or do?

FABINHO of course, I missed most of it sadly, I think fabinho lets henderson play, and do better himself more.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    how did should of been winner of the ballon d'or do?

FABINHO of course, I missed most of it sadly, I think fabinho lets henderson play, and do better himself more.
    You can't beat a Thursday afternoon drinking session 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    You can't beat a Thursday afternoon drinking session ����
    nononon just sponsored by 19x!

Glad this result means we'll probably make the sid cup this year at least, can't see brighton closing the gap
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Jota's goal was Suarezesque
    I love Jota, I was probably the only person here to state that Jota was the only player at Wolves we should be looking to sign when the usual 'flavour of the month, next best thing' types were clamouring for big lump Traore, I was probably the most pleased person here when we did sign him, when quite a number of people here were surprised and didn't rate his signing initially, but as ever, I just won't over egg or embelish his achievements, his take wasn't brilliant, it actually took it into not the best position for him and Allan was simply woeful, he wasn't bamboozled by any great skill or body shape from Jota, then Prickford, Jota having taken himself wider than necessary giving himself precious little of the goal to aim at, goes down early when all he had to do was stand up - He took it well, but it was made through 2 absolutely criminal errors from the bitters players, not by Saurezesque genius

Lauding that Jota goal as anything other than I have described is like saying Jones is a top Premier League players or looks to have the potential to be one, Gomez is a top CB or Fabinho is a top top class No6 better than Kante, Henderson, Rodri and others, just nonsense over egging of a player because he's our player, come through our academy, or took the place for a few games of a season of our captain who took the armband after Gerrard
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 2nd December 2021 at 09:58 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

Lauding that Jota goal as anything other than I khave described is like saying Jones is a top Premier League player
    It was something other than you have described it. It was actually a great team goal. The build up for the minute or so before the final two or three moves was really controlled, beautiful and then direct.

This has been pointed out a few times on this thread without overstating Jota’s skills, which were still very high quality when it boils down to it.

Reverting to the deeper line of last season when we had all our first team CBs missing and playing with more of a definite 2 in midfield or the 3 who stay put in front of the defence is reaping dividends

Thiago Fabinho Henderson is probably our best midfield playing that way, Thiago does get caught out wanting too much time, but our midfield is contributing more because we have 2 players in it that can actually play the types of passes we need them to be able to that play to the strengths of our forwards and full backs, Thiago does get a few wrong, but his greater ability with the ball in the LCM controller position does make quite a difference in combination with Hendo's better passing also and makes up for Fabinho's and all our other midfielders for that matter, inability to play those types of passes

It still gnarls me and annoys me that we have failed to bring more midfielders in with the required type of and range of passing, as I've been asking for it for 3 summers now, we still only have Thiago and Hendo who can play the type of passes our forwards abs full backs thrives on

Still gutted we didn't ever get to see our best possible midfield all last season and that now we never will, Gini Hendo Thiago

I think the derby was only the second time we've seen Thiago Fabinho Hendo, I still think we need a Gini replacement as a matter of urgency in January, the Monaco lad Tchouaméni has absolutely everything we need, he has the pressing game and understanding to play No6 or No8 and he has the passing, we NEED another with better passing, I've been screaming blue murder for that that past 3 summers, we got Thiago, that was good although not the right type for me as he lacked in areas the Monaco lad has the qualities we need, but we fucking need another, we can't keep plodding along with only 2 of our entire compliment of midfielders with the required passing ability for our other players

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    It was something other than you have described it. It was actually a great team goal. The build up for the minute or so before the final two or three moves was really controlled, beautiful and then direct.

This has been pointed out a few times on this thread without overstating Jota’s skills, which were still very high quality when it boils down to it.
    The team aspect of it and how we kept the ball and worked it from one side to another was brilliant, but the wankfest over the end product, which ultimately came about through 2 disastrous errors by Everton players and without both errors would never have happened was entirely unwarranted

I've been pleased the last few games that we've got better at pressing collectively again, we're using the entire width of the pitch and attacking more often using both sides and we've learnt, after far too many games for me, that Fab isn't a No6 to play in a 3 in the high pressing game, he is better suited to playing in a 2 with a deeper defensive line and that we need both Henderson and Thiago playing ideally to make up for his lack of ability with the ball - Those 3 things have improved us drastically, it shouldn't have taken us until the last 2 or 3 games to work those things out, they were obvious since 18-19
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 2nd December 2021 at 10:25 PM.

Hold on a minute we won 4-1?? Jotas scoring ratio is up there with Salahs (though early days for him)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Hold on a minute we won 4-1?? Jotas scoring ratio is up there with Salahs (though early days for him)
    Still not entirely happy with our overall play, still plenty of room for improvement, only recently started making progress in addressing the issues with our pressing being substandard, which will go out of the window immediately if we get any games we have to start Ox and Jones in again as both are completely clueless at it - Only recently stopped playing Fab as the No6 in a 3 with our defensive line as high and both other mids getting well ahead of him - Only recently started trying to develop our once best in Europe left sided attacking play again and it is currently nowhere close to the levels it was at its best and we still spend far too much time trying to attack almost exclusively on our right

And with the pressing issues and our distribution being sorely lacking if we don't have both Hendo and Thiago on the pitch together, we still desperately need to get the lad from Monaco in during January

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The team aspect of it and how we kept the ball and worked it from one side to another was brilliant
    You are not the only person to notice this, 19. It was actually the thing that people were responding to on here in the immediate aftermath