Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202324252627282930

Thread: Match Thread : Everton v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Last match thread you were going on about Fabinho being at fault for Mane losing the ball. A pass Mane looked for, got to feet, turned and lost it to a press from an opponent. It was poor from him.
    Do you watch a lot of football CCTV? I'm curious because you seem entirely oblivious to a part of what makes a good midfielder and No6 in a 3 in a set up like ours especially, I watch a lot of football, not just our games, I have done so for years, let me tell you, as you seem oblivious to this, forwards and attacking midfielders show for the ball in positions like Mane did all the time, not at all realising they're in a bad position to receive the ball, and the good, the best midfielders see what they don't and guess what CCTV, they don't give them the ball in those positions, it happens loads of times in games, surprised you haven't noticed it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Do you watch a lot of football CCTV? I'm curious because you seem entirely oblivious to a part of what makes a good midfielder and No6 in a 3 in a set up like ours especially, I watch a lot of football, not just our games, I have done so for years, let me tell you, as you seem oblivious to this, forwards and attacking midfielders show for the ball in positions like Mane did all the time, not at all realising they're in a bad position to receive the ball, and the good, the best midfielders see what they don't and guess what CCTV, they don't give them the ball in those positions, it happens loads of times in games, surprised you haven't noticed it
    All players make mistakes even the very best have made huge errors. Try to be less patronising mate, it doesn't suit you.
    On aside, the Fabulous one has been just that lately , Fabulous. And it's helped both Hendo and Thiago form a fantastic midfield 3. Just enjoy it for what it is and stop nit picking .

This obsession with pressing is getting a bit moronic now..apart from that carry on
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    One week a pass is demanded by Mane, who gets a perfectly placed pass to feet from Fab. Mane could play it straight back to Fab if he wanted to an option routinely taken in that area of the pitch by Jota/Bobby/Salah, instead he takes it, turns, tries to best a man and loses the ball as the defender guides it to another of his team.
    I could say Mane was too cocky but that would undermine the reality of his standing in the game and his ability. Instead I will say it was poor, slow and sloppy.
    Mane failed to meet the level of expectation.

The next game Jota demands a pass having made a run. The pass is hit behind him and essentially he adjusts to this reality very quickly, produces an outrageous touch which essentially is a self assist, has one touch in this move off his stronger foot to set it up to be smashed home off his weaker foot.
    Jota surpasses the expectations of the circumstances. Its top quality.

There are different passing avenues the ball fab played to Mane is one we produce regularly enough. He got the ball himself in similar positions v Porto and its one our attackers routinely get played in that area of the pitch. You have seen Bobby play yourself.