Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1518192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Everton v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The difference between this Mo and the Mo of 2 seasons ago (commentary asking) is he spent a lot of last season, getting slagged off by quite a few here while doing it, developing his all round game and like Hendo and most of our other lads, he doesn't stop working to try and be the best player he can possibly be

Jota helps a ton - and you begrudgingly know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Jota helps a ton
    His link play leaves an awful lot to be desired, his pressing and work rate has improved in leaps and bounds which has been excellent, he does help a lot in that he gets in the box far FAR more often than Bobby used to, so in combination with Mane, 2 players to try and create for and 2 to occupy defenders for Mo

I didn't rate Jota's goal as highly as most, he is another people continually overhype what he does for me, because I thought it was soft, Allan got turned too easily, very poor defending from him, wasn't great body shape to turn him and in doing that he didn't move the ball in the best position and Prickford should have done an awful lot better, whereas he didn't have a chance with the other 3
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You know it, but can’t admit it.

Never mind

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You know it, but can’t admit it.

Never mind
    Admit what? Jota's runs and getting in the box more often helps? Of course it helps, my criticism of Bobby has long been he needed to get in the box a lot more and finish the chances off when they came his way, I'm not sure what you want me to say, that's the difference, another forward getting in the box, his link play remains atrocious.

The goal was well taken by Jota, but it was incredibly poor by both Allan and Prickford, incredibly poor by both

Rafa saying we've spent a lot of money, we've spent about half of what the bitters have spent in the last 5 years

Jota’s goal was a dream like bit of team play. Finishing from a tight angle just made it look better than it already was

It was a great team goal - reminiscent of the goals scored by some of our greatest sides through the decades. Toyed with them and then - that finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Rafa saying we've spent a lot of money, we've spent about half of what the bitters have spent in the last 5 years
    That Rafa quote is for the benefit of Everton's owner with January approaching.

Thiago was superb tonight also.

I urge anyone to watch the game again. Should see why teams are making so many mistakes against us.

need to kick on.. we have been good. but we need to get better and keep improving.Need to make up for the stupid dropped points against Brighton and Brentford.. still irks me that
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century