Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Everton v Liverpool

Steveo mate, I am at polar opposite to you on Thiago. He gave the ball away and was caught in possession again several times. He is very talented and in a different league I am sure he would be outstanding but the Premier League is different gravy and a Derby game is as fast and furious as it gets. I was glad when he was replaced by Milner. It’s Henderson who was on a different level tonight

" Rafa's at the wheel, at the wheel, Rafa's at the wheel. "!!
    Merry Christmas, Everton 🤣🤣

I guess everyone on here heard the booing of Virgil?? that just about sums them up. He nearly had his career ended last season by one of their hatchetmen and the bitters have the nerve to blame him for it
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I guess everyone on here heard the booing of Virgil?? that just about sums them up. He nearly had his career ended last season by one of their hatchetmen and the bitters have the nerve to blame him for it
    Was so poor that and as you say, indicative of their fanbase.

McCoist (who is always a good listen in commentary I find and always has nice things to say about us, a real change from Tyler etc) commented on it too - something to the effect of "getting some boos there Van Dijk, that'll really show him for getting himself injured last season" - tone/delivery isn't something that communicates as well in the written word, but he was certainly underlining how pathetic it was of their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    " Rafa's at the wheel, at the wheel, Rafa's at the wheel. "!!
    Merry Christmas, Everton 🤣🤣
    They always give us an early Xmas pressie.!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Thiago was superb tonight also.
    Because of the effortlessness with which he passes the ball around and his occasional give-away, it's quite easy to overlook the fact that he wins the ball back a Hell of a lot - he's an aggravated Wasp at a picnic and I always love that in a player. Kuyt, Suarez, Lucas, Robertson, Mascherano all had different skill-sets, but shared that quality - he has it too.

I'd also love to see Jota's heat map tonight as it felt like he was everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    His link play leaves an awful lot to be desired, his pressing and work rate has improved in leaps and bounds which has been excellent, he does help a lot in that he gets in the box far FAR more often than Bobby used to, so in combination with Mane, 2 players to try and create for and 2 to occupy defenders for Mo

I didn't rate Jota's goal as highly as most, he is another people continually overhype what he does for me, because I thought it was soft, Allan got turned too easily, very poor defending from him, wasn't great body shape to turn him and in doing that he didn't move the ball in the best position and Prickford should have done an awful lot better, whereas he didn't have a chance with the other 3
    Jota's goal was Suarezesque
    The poor little boy blue complety undone by the take on his trailing foot to make a 1v1 pickford and embarrassed him.
    The touch/take & finish both with his weaker foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Because of the effortlessness with which he passes the ball around and his occasional give-away, it's quite easy to overlook the fact that he wins the ball back a Hell of a lot - he's an aggravated Wasp at a picnic and I always love that in a player. Kuyt, Suarez, Lucas, Robertson, Mascherano all had different skill-sets, but shared that quality - he has it too.

Only saw the second half but he took a lot of great defensive positions.

Whoscoreds man of the match
    https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1549670/Live/England-Premier-League-2021-2022-Everton-Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Quite right Sid.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Steveo mate, I am at polar opposite to you on Thiago. He gave the ball away and was caught in possession again several times. He is very talented and in a different league I am sure he would be outstanding but the Premier League is different gravy and a Derby game is as fast and furious as it gets. I was glad when he was replaced by Milner. It’s Henderson who was on a different level tonight
    I guess we all see different things. Hendo was superb - as I mentioned during the game “ a real Captain Fantastic” tonight.

As for Thiago - Klopp rates him very highly and we seem to do well when he plays. Our most dominant performances this last calendar year have been with Thiago on the pitch, to my eye at least.