Page 58 of 79 FirstFirst ... 84851525354555657585960616263646568 ... LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    There are only a few kleenex left, we'll here from 19 soon
    I'm presuming he scouted him at around age 15. Didn't make the cut, didn't have his head on swivel and couldn't seal the beef if his life depended on it.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'm presuming he scouted him at around age 15. Didn't make the cut, didn't have his head on swivel and couldn't seal the beef if his life depended on it.
    His mirror technique was sub-par
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Kop On Portugal View Post
    Fantastic player. Exciting player. Like I always said to my friends here, Diaz is a Liverpool /Klopp type of player.
    Yes, he will not como directly to first team right now because he need to improve some aspects of his game but he is already better than anyone we have on the bench right now. He plays at RW, Mane place so he will not be in first teams yet but he could be close on next season.
    The areas he need to improve on my opinion are his finish and his physic. I watch FC Porto games and I know pretty well Porto team because I support and appart from those 2 areas I think he is world class already.
    Thanks for that mate. It's good to hear from someone who has actually seen him play regularly.
    Hopefully you're right and we're getting a very good player.

I hear he's currently outside the Monaco training camp .Pen and paper in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I hear he's currently outside the Monaco training camp .Pen and paper in hand.
    Haha, he's going to kidnap Touchyfeely like Robert de Niro kidnaps Jerry Lewis on the King of Comedy.
    Ransom=sign for LFC.

Haha, he's going to kidnap Touchyfeely like Robert de Niro kidnaps Jerry Lewis on the King of Comedy.
    Ransom=sign for LFC.
    Spoiler alert
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Kop On Portugal View Post
    Fantastic player.
    I wonder why only now?? Because Spurs try it on last few days??
    From what I've read, it's also because we get him for a cheaper prce now than if we wait until the summer, which is what the club originally wanted to do

If we get him in this window we pay €45m (£37.5m) plus a maximum of €15m in potential bonuses.
    But if we waiting until the summer the asking price would have been €60 million, BEFORE bonuses, and that's also assuming no other club came into the picture to start a bidding war.
    Right now we only have Spurs for competition for his signature and they didn't want to raise their original offer of €38 million, so it leaves us in the drivers seat to close the deal with so little time remaining in the window for any other club to come in with another offer.
    That wouldn't be the case in the summer.

Klopp is really high on this player and he was number one on his transfer wishlist for the summer (when the club must have been willing to meet that higher fee), and I guess it seems like Porto are really desperate to get the deal done now rather than wait until the summer when they can gin up a bidding war that would get them a better return.

All-in-all (if he works out fine,...fingers crossed) it looks like a good deal for the club.
    Around the same price we got Fabby for, if I recall correctly, and he's worked out great for us so far.

(although in fairness that 45 million we paid for Fabby was in the summer, so in reality this is a much better deal since the January window tends to have clubs over-inflating prices for players with buying clubs desperate for that one player to give them an extra push in the Champions/Europa League, Title race run-in, or relegation race, etc.
    So yeah. Good deal .
    Ward is off to a great start.)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Ransom=sign for LFC.
    Touchyfeely 🤣🤣🤣
    Brilliant one mate.

Has he leaned yet? Not convinced till he’s leaning …

More on Diaz,...

Apparently, another reason we moved to get Diaz now rather than wait for the summer was because the Mancs (SCUM) were reportedly also interested in making a move in the summer for him.
    And the fear then was that they would drive the price up beyond reason in a bidding war since we all know how much they love over-paying for their transfer targets.

Spurs were also preparing to improve on their initial offer (by more bonuses and add-ons)but ultimately the player's preference to move to Anfield rather than to Spurs was what tipped it over (Champion's League football and playing as a winger under Klopp's system being the main draws. I mean, Spurs could still get Champions League football but that would be for next season rather than now, as he will get with us).

As it stands, all that's holding up the closing of the deal is getting a team down to South America where he's on national duty with the Colombian team to get a medical done.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!