Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4144454647484950515253545556575861 ... LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

It’s a stretch to think he could replace Baldy though Sid.

Fabrizio.

Well that rumour didn’t last long..

Liverpool have distanced themselves from signing Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Denis Zakaria. The 25-year-old Switzerland international was initially linked with a move to Anfield. (Liverpool Echo)

A ball-progresser like Bruno Guimarães at Lyon could be worth a look come the Summer.

Full disclosure, I don't watch Ligue 1 - he's just one that looks intriguing on the stats side, so I'm sure those with the relevant knowledge at the Club will Scout him out.

Get me Tchouameni on the phone, get me Barca on the other line, get me the Monaco lad in and ship Thiago out, no point waiting until the summer
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    A ball-progresser like Bruno Guimarães at Lyon could be worth a look come the Summer.

Full disclosure, I don't watch Ligue 1 - he's just one that looks intriguing on the stats side, so I'm sure those with the relevant knowledge at the Club will Scout him out.
    Thiago's supposed to be a ball-progresser, we need midfielders with greater all round technical ability with the ball, but specifically with the ability to play the balls our forwards and full backs thrive on, it's just not good enough, we've only had Hendo and Virgil at CB and now Konate at CB in the entire team who can play those passes for too many seasons now, it is NOT acceptable

2 of our CBs have more of the passing ability and quality in the type of passes our full backs and forwards thrive on than all of our midfielder bar Hendo - people really need to think about that, people involved in recruitment at our club - And for me Hendo has an issue, since that Thigh injury, then the abdominal injury last season he can't quite ping those balls as he used to, as accurately of frequently

Our recruitment team needs to have a look at the passes Hendo was playing regularly in 2018-2020 to release our forwards and full backs and use the technology to check the trajectory of them, how quickly they're up and down and arrive where they are going and add that to their list of requirements for CM's and that they need to have greater all round ability with the ball on top of that

The thing with those types of ball is a lot of players can play them, but they can't play them to the required level, they need to be up and down and getting where they are going very quickly, otherwise a player is on top of the player they ae intended for when they get there, most players passing of that type are too whippy or in the the air too long, including Thiago's for all his sexy technique

Get me Tchouameni on the phone

No excuses, 2 weeks to get him in and get some training done and bed him into the team - We should NOT be resting as in having 2 weeks off, we have got a hell of a lot of things we need to work on in training we otherwise won't get the opportunity to

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Get me Tchouameni on the phone

No excuses, 2 weeks to get him in and get some training done and bed him into the team - We should NOT be resting as in having 2 weeks off, we have got a hell of a lot of things we need to work on in training we otherwise won't get the opportunity to
    Are you ok mate?
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Well theres less than 5 days left of the transfer window.. we aint gonna sign anyone..all theseeee players we are link too is nonsense.We are more likely to sell players.. Philips and maybe Origi. Other than that nada
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I haven't been following this January transfer nonsense, never do.
    But has anyone apart from Villa signed anyone worth mentioning?

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I haven't been following this January transfer nonsense, never do.
    But has anyone apart from Villa signed anyone worth mentioning?
    Seems that way and Newcastle will probably sign a few desperate players in next few days.

Most links are BS anyway otherwise every top club would have 200 players on their books !

I guess we will loan a few youngsters out and possibly sell Nat Phillips.