Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst 12345678910111454 ... LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Fabinho Thiago
    Hendo Bobby Jota
    Origi
    Not enough, we can't play that in every game we have in our Afcon contingent's absence and Origi isn't exactly a player you can play the ball into to play of either

In order of best to employ in each position

LFWD Mane Jota Oxlade Bobby

RFWD Mo Mane Jota Oxlade Origi

No9 Jota Bobby Mo Mane Origi

I'm not being harsh on Origi, Oxlade has made better overall contributions at LFWD and RFWD than Origi as in helping the team play as near to it's best as possible and that rather than Ox himself seeing us win more comfortably, although Ox did chip in with 2 in 3 games and an assist or 3 in 4 and an assist in his outings at LFWD and RCM in our P15 W15 run in 19-20, he also provided the assist for Bobby v Atletico if my memory serves me correctly

No9 depends who we're playing between Jota and Bobby, some teams it will be better to have the extra forward in the box, others it will be better having the extra forward a bit deeper looking to release others and a greater presence and threat at set pieces
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Jurgen isn’t one to bring players in and play them straight away. By the time an incoming striker is deemed ready the lads will be back from the AFCON.

If FIFA have any balls they'd cancel the thing.

It makes no sense to go to country where the virus is spreading and have a low vaccine uptake.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

It makes no sense to go to country where the virus is spreading and have a low vaccine uptake.
    Yep. Clubs should also have the right to keep players back because of it too.
    Their loyalty should be with their bread and butter.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

I absolutely agree, the UK Gov should step in and ban English based players from going because of the risks

Theories going round that by January we'll be in the grip of another wave. Omicron dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Theories going round that by January we'll be in the grip of another wave. Omicron dominant.
    Omicron seems highly contagious, but it doesn't seem to be hospitalising and killing people, despite some reports claiming the current vaccines aren't useful against it.

I'm sure Taskin can let us know the truth about this, is it true that viruses become weaker with each mutation?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Omicron seems highly contagious, but it doesn't seem to be hospitalising and killing people, despite some reports claiming the current vaccines aren't useful against it.

I'm sure Taskin can let us know the truth about this, is it true that viruses become weaker with each mutation?
    That's what happened with Spanish flu, it eventually mutated into something ineffective and died out.
    I do think most Govts are just covering bases with Omicron.
    I can see more restrictions but shy of a lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    That's what happened with Spanish flu, it eventually mutated into something ineffective and died out.
    I do think most Govts are just covering bases with Omicron.
    I can see more restrictions but shy of a lockdown.
    I do think though, although I'm not entirely sure if this can happen being honest, that as the flu is also a coronavirus, perhaps there is the potential for 2 coronavirus' to mutate with one another if both present in a person, which could potentially cause a highly contagious and devastating superflu or something

Tchouameni This window, no excuses and a young aspiring highly gifted forward or Hwang Hee Chan

Then Bellingham and MBappe in the summer, MBappe agreeing his summer move this window making landing our midfield signings even easier

Job done

Happy with our GK options
    Happy with our FB options
    Almost happy with our CB options, would like to land Bremer this window if he is attainable for the reputed 8.5m then i'm happy
    We need to younger top class midfielders, Tchouameni and Bellingham
    We need a couple more forwards to complete our squad another top top quality forward for LFWD following Mane's lost of pace and one v one ability, MBappe fits the bill perfectly, plus another top young forward for long term and with Bobby starting to break down

Then it's job done for another few seasons, it is 4 seasons since we made any true marquee signings and we made those from the Coutinho money, well 4 season in January since Virgil, 4 in the summer since we signed Alisson

Other clubs chasing us and looking to get ahead of us make marquee signings every season and more than one, we've made just 2 over the entire time FSG have been here and they really need to realise, even with our model, they have to dig deep and find the funds or make them available by not paying out such big dividends elsewhere to bring in another couple of player they WILL have to pay top fees and/or wages for every few years even if our current transfer strategy goes to plan, sometimes, you just have to get the player that is the very best for and ideally suited to what you needs, as we did with Virgil and Alisson