Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Theories going round that by January we'll be in the grip of another wave. Omicron dominant.
    UK government now telling the people "you must take up the booster because of the moronic variant" (just like they told us no Christmas parties).

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    UK government now telling the people "you must take up the booster because of the moronic variant" (just like they told us no Christmas parties).
    Yep. Not sure if it's severe but they're sure the booster makes you A-OK. Something not ringing right about this now, how long is this going to go on for? How many jabs are we going to be required to have? One for every major variant? Ridiculous.
    Every govt is just knee jerking.

When they said "15 million jabs to freedom" I didn't realise they meant 15 million each! lolz

What gets me most about the entire coronavirus business is just how desperately conditioned the vast majority of people are, it really should have been a world event that woke people up to the reality of everything that is going on, how most are both working their fingers to the bone, getting precious little time to spend with their children and actually raise them and of all the things we have let become normalised we should find wholly and entirely unacceptable, especially given the amount of downtime people have actually had to stop and think and appreciate what our society has become

Instead we get media line like Dafyds 15 million jabs to freedom and a constant narrative of 'getting back to normal' when what they're telling us is normal and we have allowed to become normal is a very fuck long way from being normal or acceptable, yet the vast majority of people lap it up and do and respond exactly as they are told

We are witnessing an incredible and grotesque devolution of our species during our own lifetimes, all of it for the purpose of keeping a tiny minority very wealthy and continuing to help them acquire more wealth than they could ever spend in a 1,000 lifetimes, while making billions live in poverty, misery and destitution and under incredible and highly unnecessary levels of stress, duress and anxiety, and through the conditioning and adverse CBT of our media, the vast majority of our species don't even realise it is happening
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Theories going round that by January we'll be in the grip of another wave. Omicron dominant.
    Not going to pretend I'm clued in with this stuff, so apologies in advance if I say anything "stupid" here.

If the new variant is more transmissible but less harmful, is that not a good thing, in terms of "replacing" some of the other variants and getting people their antibodies built up?

Or is the fear that Omicron will mutate with another variant so we end up with a highly transmissible variant that's also quite "deadly" relatively speaking?

Getting Covid doesn't terrify me. Getting long Covid does though. My local farmer got long Covid and he is physically exhausted super quickly now, having always been very physically capable for long hours.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I think Nineteen/Tees make valid points here.

The hope is this variant is just a normal cold/flu and SA data is pointing that way.

In my head the govt want to keep this going so they can cream money off people for jabs in the future and also look after their donors with the PCR tests which I think are £30-50.

Bozo is all Partridge but its not funny his handling of this has been terrible, I am down about politics as I know these dickheads will get back in again.

Back on subject Nat Phillips why is the mooted fee £10m.

Surely we can get £15-20m unless he has a release clause in his contract.

I defo wouldnt sell him until the summer though.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Back on subject Nat Phillips why is the mooted fee £10m.

Surely we can get £15-20m unless he has a release clause in his contract.

I defo wouldnt sell him until the summer though.
    Criminal.

He will go on to play for England if he ends up as a first choice CB for any Prem club.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

If we could only get £10m, I'd rather keep him, although he may want to leave. Maguire was £85m ffs.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I am down about politics as I know these dickheads will get back in again.
    I think the powers at be went full psycho in trying to protect their interests and their 'right' as they see it, to continue not to pay their taxes and use the public purse as their own personal magic money tree by having everyone including our media work so hard to get Johnson elected whatever the costs and they now seem to be working towards getting Labour elected now they have an establishment yes man leading it, and for me THAT outcome is far worse, for me what Blair did under the guise/brand of Labour was equally as bad as what Thatcher did and a Labour Gov being elected under Blair style politics again is absolutely the end of the party, as in it ever being in politics for the reasons in was formed to be.

The only ray of hope of UK politics is for the Unions to approach the 20-30 decent Labour MPs remaining about starting a new party with the popular and necessary policies of the May election that but for the Brexit issue would almost certainly have won that election and not suffered a hammering in the next one
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”