Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official complaint launched over officiating

Official complaint launched over officiating

The bitters have launched an official complaint about refereeing they have received off the back of the astonishing and incredible decision by Kavanagh on VAR not to award them a stonewall penalty for handball in their weekend game v Man City

I don't think the ONE bad decision I know of that the bitters have received would usually be grounds to launch a complaint, but with the benefit of VAR there is simply no excuse whatsoever for Kavanagh to not have advised match referee Tierney to reconsider his position and look at the incident which was a clear as day handball

However this season pans out for the remainder, from our own perspective, being in the title race with Man City, looking at just 3 incidents in their games without even looking at 2 that have cost us points in our own, City have benefitted from 6 (SIX) points, 2 through being awarded a penalty for handball that wasn't handball a game they won 1-0 late on through that penalty, 2 through having a penalty awarded with nothing approaching meaningful contact, their opponents having a clear penalty denied in the same game, 2 through not having a penalty awarded against them in their weekend game against the bitters

In all three instances with VAR in operation, with the benefit of several angles, there is absolutely no plausible and reasonable excuse, whatsoever, for those incorrect decisions to have been made, NONE, no way apart from clear and deliberate bias, to explain those 3 absolutely appalling decisions away

I think both match officials should immediately cease to be involved in any Premier League game in any capacity, 4 of the 6 points were awarded courtesy of Jarred Gillett on VAR, 2 by Chris Kavanagh, the latter having significant 'history' in awarding incredibly dubious decisions in game involving LFC directly or indirectly

Both these officials are compromised, either financially or in a personal bias they hold and as such shouldn't ever officiate a Premier League game in any capacity in my opinion
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

They're right to, to be fair.

Desire to take-the-mick briefly set aside for a second, the ramifications for their Club if they got relegated would be huge and it would be no surprise if the difference between 17th and 18th come the end of the season is a solitary point.

No guarantee they score the penalty (or see the draw out if they do convert) but even so - one decision could have a ripple effect on the League title race AND the relegation battle.

The thing that most sports share is that refs/officials aren't made accountantable. The Boxing on Saturday is another example of pure robbery, Tony Bellew said refs should have to explain their decisions. One ref awarded the fight to Taylor by 4 points, it's not even up for debate that it's a questionable point scoring. There's now an investigation going on by the BBfC.

Kavanagh should be made to go on TV and explain that decision, a decision that has everyone scratching their heads.
    Tierney should be taken off prem games full stop. Its not the first time he's been under the microscope.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Kavanagh should be made to go on TV and explain that decision
    I agree.. handcuffed to a chair behind him with a bruise over one eye

and a tooth missing

The thing that most sports share is that refs/officials aren't made accountantable. The Boxing on Saturday is another example of pure robbery, Tony Bellew said refs should have to explain their decisions. One ref awarded the fight to Taylor by 4 points, it's not even up for debate that it's a questionable point scoring. There's now an investigation going on by the BBfC.

Kavanagh should be made to go on TV and explain that decision, a decision that has everyone scratching their heads.
    Tierney should be taken off prem games full stop. Its not the first time he's been under the microscope.
    I don’t think refs will ever go in front of the camara to be honest I don’t think managers should have to either just after the whistle as things can get said in the heat of the moment.

I think the fans should be able to hear what VAR are saying to the ref just like you can in rugby/cricket it will never be 100% as nothing is really but it will help to understand why the decision has been made.

The boxing on Saturday was a complete joke that was 9-3 at best, I have a running joke with a mate Canelo Alvarez starts three rounds up before a punch is thrown !

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I don’t think refs will ever go in front of the camara to be honest I don’t think managers should have to either just after the whistle as things can get said in the heat of the moment.

I think the fans should be able to hear what VAR are saying to the ref just like you can in rugby/cricket it will never be 100% as nothing is really but it will help to understand why the decision has been made.

The boxing on Saturday was a complete joke that was 9-3 at best, I have a running joke with a mate Canelo Alvarez starts three rounds up before a punch is thrown !
    Lol. Canelo is a beast. A questionable decision on the 2nd GGG fight but that's it for me. Hands down the best boxer in the world.

Apparently decision was not for offside but for ball not clearly hitting enough of the lower part of his upper arm!
    https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2022/2/26/22952384/everton-manchester-city-penalty-not-given-rodri-handball-premier-league-reveal-reason-tierney-var

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

They won't let you hear what is said. because then it will prove they are cheats.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Apparently decision was not for offside but for ball not clearly hitting enough of the lower part of his upper arm!
    https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2022/2/26/22952384/everton-manchester-city-penalty-not-given-rodri-handball-premier-league-reveal-reason-tierney-var
    Given that he moved the direction of the ball flight significantly, stopping it from travelling behind him into the danger area, that argument isn’t good enough. It probably would have been a clear handball in the old days before the strange new rule about your arm being in an unacceptable position

Lol. Canelo is a beast. A questionable decision on the 2nd GGG fight but that's it for me. Hands down the best boxer in the world.
    He is very good but he has more than that on his record both GGG fights were defeats.

Trout also gave him trouble but it was scored 9 rounds to him.

Basically you arent getting the decision against him you need the KO, oh and he is a drug cheat regardless how they cover it up.

I guess he is the most marketable boxer so he is the best but he is like Floyd cards in his favour ...catchweight..always at home..glove/ring size to suit..I mean he wouldnt even allow Rocky Fielding to fuel up and he is shit !

I guess he is filling the Floyd void 🤣🤣