Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516172060 ... LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

On the first day of January FSG gave to me...
    No new players for the team...

On the second day of January FSG gave to me.
    A new kid for the academy...

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    On the first day of January FSG gave to me...
    No new players for the team...

On the second day of January FSG gave to me.
    A new kid for the academy...
    ...and still nothing on Mo's contract

Tchouameni

Chelsea looking to sign him as the long term successor and immediate replacement when unavailable and likely to partner the the increasingly injury prone Kante

I'm fed up of all the flannel about our talented youngsters and giving them a chance, I am all for that, but there is a time and a place and they HAVE to be good enough and ready, and Trent has been our only successful player of the necessary quality to come through

Most of ours really REALLY need a loan, to another Prem club they will be playing games for, they're just not ready or good enough to be a part of a squad looking to win the Premier League and Champions League

Give them a chance in cup games against lesser opposition, give the ma chance for 20 minutes of a game we have an unassailable lead in together with the rest of the best 11

Trent was an absolute exception, our youngsters are very talented, but they're not supremely gifted exceptional generational talents ready to be first team options for a side looking to win the Premier League and Champions League, especially using the realistic view of what those were competing against have at their disposal - Conor Gallagher is absolutely miles better than any of our youngsters and he's on loan at Palace from Chelsea, as the majority of ours should be on loan - I think we're falling into the filthy trap with youngsters, except it's not the media massively overhyping the abilities and potential of ours, it's Jurgen
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 28th December 2021 at 07:34 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Tchouameni
    Bless you… you should get yourself one of those omicron tests mate - this has been dragging on a bit now

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Bless you… you should get yourself one of those omicron tests mate - this has been dragging on a bit now
    I know, high time FSG got their finger out and got a deal for this lad to arrive signed, sealed and delivered rather than believing that every player coming through the academy will be of Trent's quality in their position and be able to become a first team regular, it doesn't happen, it isn't going to happen, none of the players Jurgen is 'happy are getting chances' are good enough or anything like Gini's quality in our system or the quality we need and we have dropped at least 8 points already this season because of that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I know, high time FSG got their finger out and got a deal for this lad to arrive signed, sealed and delivered
    Don't think the option is even available to us, never mind the financial aspect. Think our foreign player quota is full.

Hopefully (sooner rather than later) we see a few "outs" from that list, be it contract expiry or sales. High up the list surely are Karius and Adrian, then there's a tier below of the likes of Minamino and Origi.

That should allow a little bit of wiggle-room for foreign "ins" though we also have some decisions to make that are on the horizon too - Salah, Mane, Firmino, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Keita all have contracts expiring in 2023 and we will have to work out who we actively try to sell to recoup funds, whose contract we are willing to run down if we can't attract a buyer, whose we hope to extend and for many years - not to mention amount of funds given.

This is part of the reason why I see bringing Academy lads through as a good thing. They won't all "make it" (regular first team action) of course, but if some of your fringe players are Homegrown then it opens up the capacity to get a foreign player where it's a real upgrade on what you have, whereas having lots of non-Homegrown lads as your "depth" players inhibits things as I see it.

I know folks don't like what they consider to be "excuses" or that they think I'm an "FSG shill" or whatever, but these are the sort of issues that do muddy the waters. I will say (again, as I think it gets overlooked) that I do want more investment/transfers, though not for the sake of it and they need to be the right ones. If we got another left-back before a midfielder or forward we'd all be very confused etc.

We see some players come to the League and struggle to adjust to the intensity which is an issue as we have so little wiggle-room for dropped points, so I'd ideally shop within our own League as much as possible, though this comes at a premium, as we know.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

List of our non-Homegrown lads, for those trying to build a picture of where gaps may occur. Possible I will have missed one or two, can edit at a later stage if necessary.

Goalkeepers - Alisson, Adrian, Karius

Defenders - Van Dijk, Konate, Matip, Robertson, Tsimikas.

Midfielders - Fabinho, Thiago, Keita.

Forwards - Firmino, Mane, Salah, Jota, Minamino, Origi.

We're allowed 17 if I recall and there are 17 above, unless I've miscounted. In case anyone is raising an eyebrow at Robertson, him not counting as a Homegrown player is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    List of our non-Homegrown lads, for those trying to build a picture of where gaps may occur. Possible I will have missed one or two, can edit at a later stage if necessary.

Goalkeepers - Alisson, Adrian, Karius

Defenders - Van Dijk, Konate, Matip, Robertson, Tsimikas.

Midfielders - Fabinho, Thiago, Keita.

Forwards - Firmino, Mane, Salah, Jota, Minamino, Origi.

We're allowed 17 if I recall and there are 17 above, unless I've miscounted. In case anyone is raising an eyebrow at Robertson, him not counting as a Homegrown player is correct.
    I'd bin both Adrian and Karius for a start. The big Irish lad is more than capable.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'd bin both Adrian and Karius for a start. The big Irish lad is more than capable.
    He is.

Both their contracts expire at the end of the season, so unless we re-sign Adrian (I hope we don't) that will be 2 slots freed up for the Summer window, which is a start.

Add mianmino then you have 3

Not like we'll sign 3 players mind Lols.

not for first team anyway lucky to get 1, I'd sell mane and start changing things, or salah if he sadly refuses a new contract.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.