Page 19 of 79 FirstFirst ... 91213141516171819202122232425262969 ... LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Agree but we still sing about Rushies 4 in ‘82
    That's good point.
    We can atleast say its against our bitterest rivals. They were only really an annoying itch to Utd for about 18 months.

No one mention 66

Slight difference, one that it’s against the bitters and we only sing it when we play them and two, that was an all conquering side, winning several trophies. Newcastle sing about it because it is their biggest result of note in decades. Quite pathetic in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    That's good point.
    We can atleast say its against our bitterest rivals. They were only really an annoying itch to Utd for about 18 months.
    Tbf in the grand 120 year+ history of association football united have really only been an itch to us. Their whole success has basically come under 1 manager. Fair enough busby did well when they were respectable. In reality we’ve shat on them for 90% of the history of both clubs.

It amazes me that most of them don’t know sir Matt captained Liverpool as a player and that we lent them players after Munich to get them back on their feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Oi what's wrong with middle of england ya northern cunt!

Or some posh boy down south

either one
    You obviously don't know many people from Sarf london ....posh.......lololol

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Tbf in the grand 120 year+ history of association football united have really only been an itch to us. Their whole success has basically come under 1 manager. Fair enough busby did well when they were respectable. In reality we’ve shat on them for 90% of the history of both clubs.

It amazes me that most of them don’t know sir Matt captained Liverpool as a player and that we lent them players after Munich to get them back on their feet.
    Quite a big itch though! As you say - nearly all down to SAF - 13 league titles, 2 champions league trophies while he was there.
    Both clubs have had ups and downs - remember we were in the 2nd Division when Shanks arrived. Most of our success was between early 60s and late 80s, imo. Our first FA cup was in 65, European Cup in 77, whereas United first European Cup was in 68.
    Some of our support/fanbase probably doesn't know the full history of the club, particularly those who have just recently come on board.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Quite a big itch though! As you say - nearly all down to SAF - 13 league titles, 2 champions league trophies while he was there.
    Both clubs have had ups and downs - remember we were in the 2nd Division when Shanks arrived. Most of our success was between early 60s and late 80s, imo. Our first FA cup was in 65, European Cup in 77, whereas United first European Cup was in 68.
    Some of our support/fanbase probably doesn't know the full history of the club, particularly those who have just recently come on board.
    Oh yes agree with all of that. But titles per decade are heavily in our favour.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    By my calculations and admittedly I’m fecking sideways now we won 12 titles under a combination of shankley paisley and Fagan. That leaves 6 over from our 18 prior to klopp. United were on 7 when Ferguson took over and wind 13 over 2 decades. To me that shows less of a dynasty and more of a spell of unsustainable success. We actually are much better than them at transitioning historically. Plus busby captained us. We are just better that them.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    By my calculations and admittedly I’m fecking sideways now we won 12 titles under a combination of shankley paisley and Fagan. That leaves 6 over from our 18 prior to klopp. United were on 7 when Ferguson took over and wind 13 over 2 decades. To me that shows less of a dynasty and more of a spell of unsustainable success. We actually are much better than them at transitioning historically. Plus busby captained us. We are just better that them.
    Lol. Can't argue with the truth dude. I'm on board.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Lol. Can't argue with the truth dude. I'm on board.
    Fuck. Forgot Kenny’s league titles as manager