Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891252 ... LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

Tchouameni
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Liverpool have scouted both Leeds and Brazil winger Raphinha, 24, and West Ham's English forward Jarrod Bowen, 24, for potential January moves. (Liverpool Echo)

Hope not, neither have shown anything like good enough quality consistently. More meh squad fillers using up transfer budget that should be focused on potential first teamers, if not now in the near future.

Would rather we were looking at this young lad who has been a consistent performer in the Champions league. Wouldn’t be dearer than the other two either.

Borussia Dortmund are favourites to sign 19-year-old Red Bull Salzburg and Germany striker Karim Adeyemi, who has also been linked with Bayern Munich and Liverpool. (Goal

I get the very distinct impression Klopp is proactively engaged in making sure we don’t tread on any of his friends toes back home in Germany.

So young prospects in Austria - feeder league for Bundesliga or any that Dortmund could make a mint in seem off limits.

If we took a chance on one of these Dortmund targets now and again, we wouldn’t have to upset them by filling their Bank Account with several times more than they paid for said player.

Yep but I sense a reluctance to meddle there. Pretty sure he would do similar for us were he managing Bayern for example.

Think with Dortmund linked our chances have significantly reversed.

Maybe, we certainly haven’t gone in for one of their targets previously, not that I can remember.

Yep, I guess it's the small price we have to pay for. such a great leader. Shows his class and integrity. He's a one-off. Wish we could clone him.

I think one thing to remember is put yourself in the kids shoes.

Where is he most likely to get game time here or Dortmund ?

Add in that he is German too its makes it an easy decision for him.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    If we took a chance on one of these Dortmund targets now and again, we wouldn’t have to upset them by filling their Bank Account with several times more than they paid for said player.
    That would give the "why FSG so cheap tho?" fans so much material to work with

I totally agree though - buy young and cheap, develop, keep the best, sell the rest once developed at good prices. Same for Academy lads we bring through.

Also leaves you the wiggle-room for when you do need to spend "big" - anyway, the main takeaway is that for every Haaland/Mbappe there's a player out there going under the radar and if we can get better at calculated risk on them a touch more often we're laughing.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay