Page 20 of 79 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920212223242526273070 ... LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Player Agents and their greed?
    Unaccountability of referees and officiating by the league?
    The fumbled attempt to fix that with the bungled advent of VAR by the same parties?
    The league's own greed for broadcasting and Television money (which goes beyond just Sky TV)?
    Lack of a player salary cap and runaway wages for players by big clubs?

....just to name a few.

I can think of many other things that have damaged the league before we even get to US ownership that have more to do with the parties on the British Isles themselves than any foreign influence.

Do you think all those problems go away if we get rid of all US ownership (and SKY TV)?
    Yes?
    No?

And even US ownership which has only become prevalent in maybe the last 10-15 years (prior to that it was mainly the Glazers and shortly after them the Kroenkes and yes, their influence was outsized but not singularly damaging as you are trying to make it seem) - how many of those things that I've attributed above can be pinned down to them or as a result of them?

Let's face it.
    This is all about your animus for FSG and by extension Americans and Americanism in what you consider a British sport.

You really think our club would be devoid of any problems - or at least any of the problems we have now - if only we had a British owner who only really cared about the club?
    How many of those types of billionaires do you think are lying around?
    Didn't we have one of those not that long ago?

Also, you want to have a word with Newcastle and ask them how their last couple of decades with a British billionaire owner just helped heal their club of all ills and problems?

To claim or assert that the league doesn't have bigger problems or more damaging things to worry about in terms of its existence, more than US ownership is beyond absurd.

And the fact is that you know this.
    You clearly did not read my exchange with legs.

I stand by the statement that US owners have damaged the sport more than any others. Glazers - Lerner - Kroenke - Hicks & Gillett - NESV/FSG. There is no other group that has influenced the landscape more. They were the prelude to Romans roubles and then the Petrodollar influx.

To date the impact on our league boils down to one single Arab owner Mansour and 1 Russian/Israeli Roman. Don’t want to challenge that crazy assertion?

Even if we accepted that nonsense, how can this be used as a vehicle to suggest that Britain is owned by Russian and Arab crooks. Seriously.? 100% a daily Mail middle Engerland Jingoism.

Legs used a racial slur against Arabs, also lumping Russians plural in for good measure. He wasn’t talking about Saudi, who have to date had Zero impact on our sport, as I have mentioned - he only brought them into it after I mentioned casual racism. A grenade to obliterate the issue, to confuse and blur the lines:

For the record I didn’t even mention FSG either - I asked HOW legs could start veering off to compare Henry with the Saudi’s. CD it was I who asked HOW he could compare them.
    Last edited by Steveo; 2nd January 2022 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post

Nobody claimed that all evil comes from Russians or Arabs or the Chinese, but the ethical and moral reasons why most people at this club with its history wouldn't want ownership from anyone from any of their shores are pretty clear.
    And this is precisely what I am talking about.

“Most people at this club wouldn’t want ownership from “anyone” from any of those shores”….because they fall into one of 2 camps. They are brainwashed or they are closet racists. There is zero in between.

If not how can they be so sure anyone from those shores is not worthy? To say so is to say both things as well. It is to say that billionaires from a nation ARE to be judged by the Governments deeds AND worse that anyone from Russia, China or the Arab world is morally bankrupt.

Do you still not see the problem?

I have challenged racial stereotypes mainly of Russians (which I find disgusting and relentless) and in this case Arabs too and suggested that they are judged on negative perceptions produced mainly through US film/TV production and a hostile NATO backed western media. This is all about perception of these nations and their governments rather than the individual people - about which nobody knows almost anything. I then suggest that the US Government has filth under its own finger nails too. It is my only avenue to shake people from their brainwash.

How many know that Roman Abrahmovic has donated $2.5 billion to build schools and hospitals in some of Russia’s poorest regions? Not that I trust him at all but he has used his wealth for some genuinely good causes. It won’t be common knowledge because it isn’t politically expedient to have a billionaire Russian with a positive story UNLESS he wants to bring down the Russian Government.

So, bad man Russian oligarch (negative term for Russian Billionaire) is accepted as evil while the Glazer twins or John W Henry are accepted as ok. The fact that all these billionaires will have cheated the system is wiped under the carpet for our American cousins.

This is what gripes.

There is so much that gets totally misunderstood on this forum.

Accept the jingoism. Yea those Arabs eh all crooks and them Russians all evil. They own this county you know.

Last edited by Steveo; 2nd January 2022 at 11:21 AM.

Im not having that Steveo I DID NOT use any racial slurs on Arabs at all.

I said they are crooks are you denying that City havent cheated when been sanctioned a few times ? Did this Newcastle guy instruct a murder ?

Those two are facts proven as well.

Sheff Utd also had/have an arab owner.

You keep bringing politics into it im talking about football.

You list all the Americans as BAD for the sport that is BS take a look who has been im charge of Watford Leeds Charlton Portsmouth Derby yeah so forgot your middle england daily mail sh*t when you just used it yourself.

You have to have it legs, you said it and we can all read it.

I don’t think you are a racist btw just think it’s so acceptable for that type of casual racist (certainly using the term Arab) comment

Its clear billionaires of any nation dont play by the same rules as everyone English Arab American etc, you dont need to be Sherlock Holmes to work that out.

You say brainwashed....interesting all I saw regarding ESL on Sky was how bad the yanks were not a SINGLE mention from Neville/Carragher what City are doing NONE.

When was the last time you heard anyone on BBC Sky BT question City ???

Its a pointless debate anyway as there is nothing any of us can do about it.

I wouldnt want state ownership for a few reasons we then become a sports washing exercise.

It isnt what I call fair if you are letting a country plough billions of the peoples money into your coffers.

ESL is/was greedy but this pandemic has shown me just how greedy ALL clubs are we had 6 smaller teams wanting season voided we wouldnt have a title then so sorry if I want LFC to get what we generate.

It is YOU triggering politics legs. You’re suggesting he country is owned by Arabs and Russians.

It happens all the time. What gets you and others going is when it is brought to book by me and me alone.

Sadly nobody else sees fit to highlight the problem.

It is total brainwash to believe that anyone from any of those shores is ethically and morally unfit.

It is pretty obviously brainwashed at best, or racist in the eyes of many.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You have to have it legs, you said it and we can all read it.

I don’t think you are a racist btw just think it’s so acceptable for that type of casual racist (certainly using the term Arab) comment
    Well they are Arabs so how do you refer to them then ?

I'll stand by what I said about City owners they are cheats there is no denying that.

As for him at Newcastle I have nothing good to say about him after what he did.

Go on - say the same about someone from India or Isreal, or someone who is Sub Saharan African.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It is YOU triggering politics legs. You’re suggesting he country is owned by Arabs and Russians.

It happens all the time. What gets you and others going is when it is brought to book by me and me alone.

Sadly nobody else sees fit to highlight the problem.
    Look without going into details in my role my comment refers to Arabs/Russians own lots of things in England.

It is true im not saying they are not allowed to buy things as other people around the world do.

You also said Americans are the worst for football I disagree its not nationilitity that is the problem it is the person/s who are in charge.

Reality is this we as in LFC are worth 2 billion so we are likely to be bought by American, Chinese, Arab, Russians.

My money would be American/Chinese I cant see say Qatar going against Saudi owners.