Page 24 of 79 FirstFirst ... 141718192021222324252627282930313474 ... LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

They will never get done for anything they are too "clever" and have too much money.

Interestingly UEFA did ban clubs from lesser countries for FFP breaches, obviously they couldnt give a back hander.

As if its not enough to have more money than anyone that isnt good enough they have to create false accounts....I mean they sell a player to Barca who have no money for £55m when he scored about 10 goals yep nothing dodgy going off.

Chelsea as much as they annoy me Roman is pretty much like Jack Walker no problem with him spending really but City is different as I keep saying they agreed to FFP.

It's well ropey that nothings been said about that Torres transfer. Book cooking basically.
    They are so brazen about it, once that decision was made to throw out the case against them in 2020 it just gave them carte blanche to do what the fuck they want and pretty much laugh like fuck whilst doing it. The slimy cunts opted out of the ESL when everyone knew it was just them saying thanks for the protection so we'll stay onside for now.
    No wonder every club wanted them fucked over for it, they all know what they are doing but are powerless.

Precisely Legs but as I have mentioned City are not just the UAE but more than 10% owned by Silver Lake. That $500 million deal was done during the UEFA probe and before the judgement where they got off due to a delay in the process.

So when we accuse Cities Arab owners of over spending we can be justified BUT when we talk about UEFA - corruption and them getting off on a technicality - we cannot - because a US Tech and entertainment investor/part owner in city - considerably muddied the waters in that verdict, as has their entire monopolistic trend based on Disney.

This is why I stand by my comment on US involvement in the English game. It is predatory and almost solely focussed on revenue.

The first step towards the Americanisation started with the birth of the premier league - Sky TV and the need for subscription to view. This is was the beginning of the end. What we see now is the final act.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It's well ropey that nothings been said about that Torres transfer. Book cooking basically.
    They are so brazen about it, once that decision was made to throw out the case against them in 2020 it just gave them carte blanche to do what the fuck they want and pretty much laugh like fuck whilst doing it. The slimy cunts opted out of the ESL when everyone knew it was just them saying thanks for the protection so we'll stay onside for now.
    No wonder every club wanted them fucked over for it, they all know what they are doing but are powerless.
    Exactly be like us selling Minamino to Swindon for £40m !

I get we dont spend loads we could/should invest more but no chance can we compete with them over a period of time.

Our only two hopes are ESL or state money likely to be China.

Klopp in another era would have a few titles instead he has one.

We are paying price at the minute but when we slip it will be someone else.

I mean imagine sitting at Anfield wanting us to lose that is my friend Neville when City play United at OT to stop us f*cking tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Precisely Legs but as I have mentioned City are not just the UAE but more than 10% owned by Silver Lake. That $500 million deal was done during the UEFA probe and before the judgement where they got off due to a delay in the process.

So when we accuse Cities Arab owners of over spending we can be justified BUT when we talk about UEFA - corruption and them getting off on a technicality - we cannot - because a US Tech and entertainment investor/part owner in city - considerably muddied the waters in that verdict, as has their entire monopolistic trend based on Disney.

This is why I stand by my comment on US involvement in the English game. It is predatory and almost solely focussed on revenue.

The first step towards the Americanisation started with the birth of the premier league - Sky TV and the need for subscription to view. This is was the beginning of the end. What we see now is the final act.
    I have no doubt they have people from other countries helping them they arent stupid.

City just before Pep arrived got good football people in and they will have the very best legal team.

I agree Sky wasnt great but to be fair its better than it was for fans in some ways an example you might not be able to get a ticket and if you cant you would have zero access to the games.

I 100% agree it is a yank thing it started with big boxing fights on ppv now any tom dick or harry are on ppv.

Im not bothered if City/Chelsea spend more than us that is how it is but what is completely wrong is not agreeing to rules you signed to.

This is why I dont get so downbeat about us not winning title I want us to obviously but I try to take a step back and look at it cold and my conclusion is we have to be perfect 90% of season.

We need to try and compete though. We can’t just lay down and watch it all without a fight:

I must admit I don’t know what the answer is. It’s why despite my lack of love for FSG I don’t know who else realistically I would want. The value of these clubs is now so high the only buyer would likely be a state or sovereign wealth fund - yuck.

It’s shite. The same kind of inequality we see proliferating in our daily lives. We aren’t progressing as a civilisation. We are still living by the rule that ‘might is right’. Money talks and changes the rules from those who have it.

At the end of the day, a bit more oomph and some genuine passion from our owners would be enough.

Affording Klopp the option he has at Left back for most areas of the team is not a huge ask for a club of this size.

The midfield has been allowed to all but fall apart. Not even a clear first choice 3. In my eyes if Thiago hasn’t played - we have looked utter garbage in the middle. No control, creation or cover.

Let’s not kid ourselves here - but for Salah’s blistering form we are very likely behind Spurs and Arsenal.

That’s nothing to do with City

True we might be behind Spurs/Arsenal but does that matter much ? The outcome is the same we win nothing.

We now need to go as strong as possible against Arsenal might as well try and win something.

Our priority as a club is dont slip out top 4 and hope all players are fit for Inter Milan that is now our biggest game.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    They are so brazen about it
    Yep. Pep stood there and said "we could only afford Jack because we sold players for 60 million" - as if they weren't trying to get at least one of Kane or Ronaldo at any stage. Wonder what he'd have come up with then!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    True we might be behind Spurs/Arsenal but does that matter much ? The outcome is the same we win nothing.

We now need to go as strong as possible against Arsenal might as well try and win something.

Our priority as a club is dont slip out top 4 and hope all players are fit for Inter Milan that is now our biggest game.
    I want us to go for the FA cup too. Been too long without a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Yep. Pep stood there and said "we could only afford Jack because we sold players for 60 million" - as if they weren't trying to get at least one of Kane or Ronaldo at any stage. Wonder what he'd have come up with then!
    who did they sell?? Sane? they paid out almost 250 million in the last year and a bit.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century