Page 30 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2023242526272829303132333435363740 ... LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I would not want to be owned by any state and the Saudi state is one I detest. If a billionaire from Saudi Arabia wanted to own Liverpool Fc I would judge him on him - not what Salman has done

This is getting desperate dude

I have no prejudice you seem to have a problem in understanding what it means
    I've declared I act on prejudices before and that numerous prejudices are perfectly acceptable.
    Given several examples.
    Most recently I've detailed my hate in order for Everton, mancu, manc, cfc, spurs.

You saying you have no prejudices is probably one of the most psychotic and narcisstic things a person can say.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    It reads like the suffering in Yemen is down to 1 side when there are 2 clear sides to that proxy war. There's an Iran v Saudi aspect and the USA v China.

This second paragraph is an area where you've moved from talking about owners to the entire race or nationality of those owners.
    When people talk about an Arab or Saudi owning lfc you are talking about a select few from that group.

Where have I displayed a prejudice around the racial, national or religious characteristics ?

It doesn't bother me if you or CD believe I have prejudices. It doesn't bother me that you have yours, but I'd be curious to know what my prejudices are within this context of football owners 🤔 or more widely.

For me you are acting like Labour in the last election, trying to whinge about Islamophobia while dismissing charges against your own antisemitism.
    OMG CC - please stop further muddying the waters.

Just go back and read my exchange with Legs - see his acknowledgment of the point I was making. And then read my exchange with Crimson.

You are just dragging this on and on while earlier on you were asking to move it to off topic.

It might read like the suffering in Yemen is all one side - which it obviously is not. I can accept that BUT I was talking about the Saudi Ruler because he was cited. I asked why people are so disgusted with his killing of a Journo yet seemingly not bothered by the fact that his country is involved in MULTIPLE proxy wars resulting in the deaths and starvation of hundreds of thousands across the region and WHO also happens to be the US's strongest ally in the said region despite seemingly fighting against the very form of terror they propagate?

It's almost as though there is big money in endless war.

As you are so interested in this subject - I suggest you read up on the Yemeni civil war. Who was first to dive in and arm one side to the teeth, who else is arming them, why they did it, why they continue to do so and why it is so little covered in our media.

I've declared I act on prejudices before and that numerous prejudices are perfectly acceptable.
    Given several examples.
    Most recently I've detailed my hate in order for Everton, mancu, manc, cfc, spurs.

You saying you have no prejudices is probably one of the most psychotic and narcisstic things a person can say.
    I have prejudices as we all do BUT not for any owner from any one nation. How could I... without being at the very least xenophobic or a racist? How could I prejudge every single person in an entire nation CC? How can you justify that as ok?

And IF your daft logic for hating Everton is the same as hating a nation or a race.. I suggest you will end up in big trouble.

How could anyone say they hate all Jews or Arabs or Russians or Chinese and be considered civilized and not lowest common denominator.

This has descended into a farce.

You CHOOSE who you support CC - you can even switch affiliation - not a bad idea for some... you arent born into it.
    Last edited by Steveo; 5th January 2022 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Profits are the rewards for successful business. Marx didn't like them but his economic concepts have been shown to be wrong over and over again. We all wish to profit in some way from our work. Some jobs are much bigger with greater financial rewards and risks. I've never bought a football club for £300 million and never will but someone has to do it. I'm glad the only option isn't The State.

You favour the Abramovich model but his spending uses his (actually predatory) profits from Russian oil. So his true business lies elsewhere, something you haven't factored in. You are blinded by your fantasies about how much money your club could spend, which is ironic as spending is dependent on profits one way or another. You just want to offset the predation to someone actual (a Russian oil worker or an Indian scaffolder in Dubai) rather that someone imagined (a Liverpool supporter). As long as these characters are spending their money on something they really, really love (swoon), you don't mind how they made their money.

It's worth noting that footballers profit from football, managers profit from football, physios profit from football, throw-in coaches profit from football. Not only do we accept that, we say things like 'give Salah whatever the fuck he wants'. So you'd have to explain why they can profit whilst the owners, who take on more risk than anyone else in the picture, cannot profit from their own expertise. Making LFC great is an achievement worth profiting from in my opinion.

FSG profit solely by increasing the performance of their asset within the market. So that's good for the fans if they succeed. Everyone benefits.

If Man City do well, the Sheikh uses that to increase his personal standing in the West, the status of his national airline and the prestige of his stinking, evil country, as well servicing his own childish footballing fantasies. And yes I know all countries are evil to one extent or another - the point is that our club is not being used primarily to promote them or, in Chelsea's case, used to rehabilitate the character of the owner in some way.

I prefer the focus to be on LFC and thankfully that seems to be the emphasis at Anfield

I don't believe I am blinded at all. I can look at the Roman effect on Chelsea football club and can see what he has spent and what they have won.

The fact that I don't desire foreign ownership remains. How can someone from overseas have that lasting commitment to the local community? We are discussing 2 evils imo. Both you and CC are caught in a bit of a trap. I don't like Football clubs being owned from afar and I never will - state ownership seems totally wrong. But we have foreign owners and so do almost ALL our rivals. So then I compare the achievements of one group versus the other. As I have said, to me they are all likely crooks, all cheating the system in one way or another and certainly taking opportunistic advantage..

This naturally is something that you, and others who get wet knickers over FSG don't wish to entertain. Naturally so, as it looks pretty weak when you do. At this point some veer off and start lamenting how the downfall of the English league AND western civilization (At least the wonderful fluffy UK) is due to the evil eastern influence on our game and country.

So far I have highlighted the sale of the old English league to birth the Premier League and the massive upturn in broadcast generated monies. All built upon the principles of US Subscription TV model. I have included the owners of United, Arsenal, Liverpool x 2 and omitted Aston Villa as they have had little influence.

Have these owners been more benign than Roman has to the EPL - if so how?

Has Roman been worse for Chelsea than FSG for Liverppol - if so how?

Has United spent significantly less than Chelsea or City?

WHo has put more in - Glazers or Roman?

If City have ruined the sport with what they have spent - How did they get away with it? Have you no interest in their US partners in crime?

There is no confusion here but a lack of ability to explain HOW Hicks & Gilett, FSG, The Glazers and Kroenke are not predating on Liverpool, United, and Arsenal FC..
    Last edited by Steveo; 5th January 2022 at 06:29 PM.

I have prejudices as we all do BUT not for any owner from any one nation. How could I... without being at the very least xenophobic or a racist? How could I prejudge every single person in an entire nation CC? How can you justify that as ok?
    When people talk about the Arab owners and suitors, what percentage of the Arab race do you think they are referring to ?

With the likely Arab owners there's a small enough group that have similar traits. People aren't talking about the Arab Race.

When you say American owners have ruined the game in England, I don't ask you how all Americans ruined the game.
    I understand you are talking about likely American billionaires/owners.
    It would be nice if you could understand others as you express yourself.
    But you seem to confuse the 2 when other people speak in the same way.

People from diverse nations have different values, traits, biology and culture.

You have an aversion to the influence of American owners, don't see how that would be different for others who'd have it with China.

Soooo, Coutinho is looking at a return to the premier league this month. Id take him back. He was what made the midfield tick. What we've been missing.

When people talk about the Arab owners and suitors, what percentage of the Arab race do you think they are referring to ?

With the likely Arab owners there's a small enough group that have similar traits. People aren't talking about the Arab Race.

When you say American owners have ruined the game in England, I don't ask you how all Americans ruined the game.
    I understand you are talking about likely American billionaires/owners.
    It would be nice if you could understand others as you express yourself.
    But you seem to confuse the 2 when other people speak in the same way.

People from diverse nations have different values, traits, biology and culture.

You have an aversion to the influence of American owners, don't see how that would be different for others who'd have it with China.
    Read the comment numbnuts. I defer to insult because I even reposted it so you could save yourself the trouble.

FOR heavens sake man. READ. For the 3rd time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post

Nobody claimed that all evil comes from Russians or Arabs or the Chinese, but the ethical and moral reasons why most people at this club with its history wouldn't want ownership from anyone from any of their shores are pretty clear.
    It says wouldn’t want ownership from anyone from ANY of those shores.

CD probably even meant to be more specific but I can only respond to what I read and it reads like it does. That is what I attacked and it cannot be defended.

We all moved on - except you - days late and after failing to read.
    Last edited by Steveo; 5th January 2022 at 07:17 PM.

But we have foreign owners and so do almost ALL our rivals.
    I haven't made any comments about whether an owner's nationality affects their ability or effectiveness as an owner. I don't see why that changes them from being a crook to a saint - you certainly haven't given any justification for that being the case. A foreign person is capable of caring about the local community. Mother Theresa, a Romanian, cared about the suffering in Calcutta, for example.

One thing I have said (in the past) is that David Moores fell behind in his ability and knowledge as an owner and that's why LFC fell behind. I still believe that. One reason the Americans (in general) have come over here is because they see the potential that the Moores didn't, which is interesting.

So then I compare the achievements of one group versus the other.
    And I have also compared achievements. The difference is, you think success from pouring money in from external sources is a better achievement than earning it ourselves. I disagree. You also fail to acknowledge the unwanted effects on the club of the sugar daddy model, the personalities, the ethical problems.

You also side-step what the average football fan thinks - those clubs do not deserve their success and they have become a blight on the game. That's where you blind yourself.

I disagree on many aspects of this debate but the rest of your post is littered with arguments I am not interested in and haven't initiated - you seem to have the wrong man.

I am in effect talking to you and CC here that is true.

But if we stick to Roman. Please compare

The Americans are here for the money. Come on Taksin - you know this.

Let’s keep it real.

And those clubs were no mark clubs yet now are winning the lot. What’s your point? Are you really saying that most fans don’t care about winning?

Baffling.

FYI

Mother Theresa was born in Yugoslavia and was an ethnic Albanian Catholic.

The world is flush with billionaires of similar moral fibre.
    Last edited by Steveo; 5th January 2022 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Soooo, Coutinho is looking at a return to the premier league this month. Id take him back. He was what made the midfield tick. What we've been missing.
    Would be a great addition IF he isn’t suffering a career injury, . Hope he doesn’t go to Arsenal or Spurs. Be ok of if he went to Villa