Page 32 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2225262728293031323334353637383942 ... LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

Re Coutinho...they say never go back, and history generally supports that. Even Ian Rush and Robbie Fowler were never as good second time around.
    He would fit in comfortably with all the Brasilian Portuguese connection, but i wonder how some sections of the crowd might react to him.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Yes you are good at insults and often at the lack of ability to deal with people plainly or calmly.

Why you post CD as if I'm talking to CD is beyond me.

I would say your self-perception is different to how others namely me in this instance perceive you.
    If you are asking me to believe you when you claim to have no prejudices against American owners, or Saudis before they ever owned a club in the PL nevermind LFC, you can request I accept your self appraisal.
    However I can simply say you are not credible and back it up with what you've said.

Same way if CD says he doesn't want a Chinese owner and then claims he has no prejudices against Chinese ownership, I would find that incredible too.
    I don't think this means you or cd hate all Chinese or American people. That is the infancy you've brought into this discussion.

When you say American owners I know what you mean, when CD says Chinese owners I know what he means.
    Ye can have your opinions and reasons. Ye can have your preferences and prejudices.

Also my posts are mainly bringing up the manner of your posts on here against the standards and smears you levy at other people.

You brought up the Saudis long before this thread ever existed. Not wanting Saudi ownership.
    But when it's convenient you find the temerity to latch on to charges of racism and prejudices when others say the same thing but insert Russian for American, China or Arab royalty.

For me it's more interesting to flesh out opinions than to cower behind slurs and smears that have become so commonplace they essentially have no meaning in the modern world for the most part.

Your telling me to stick to hurling for some is an indicator of your anti-irish systemic British ness. Maybe you're an uncle Steveo like the uncle tom moniker you use, to slur black people who ain't black enough for you politically.....

And yet i've defended you before on this grounds when others have accused you of being anti-Irish on here.
    Ps off topic or a dedicated thread would allow much more discussion.
    Again read. And stop being so lazy.

I mentioned never wanting the Saudi’s who have finally bought Newcastle. I said so the last time they tried.

If you are so daft that you cannot separate that from not wanting anyone from Saudi owning us. Your problem, you clearly will never understand much.

I did tell you to take up hurling and it was funny and said because you seemed to be making no football sense to my mind.

I have 3 Irish grandparents but must admit that I do find there to be a high volume of very pro Boston globe, Red Sox, Liverpool FC and Pittsburgh Penguin owning FSG loving Irish in here. It makes me think they are supportive due to a perceived Irish link? Daft.

You defend me over being accused of being anti Irish because you know full well that I am the opposite.

Stop this nonsense now.

I attacked 2 statements, one of which was open to a bad interpretation (since acknowledged) and the other that could only be taken badly when read back.

The rest is just a quest .
    Last edited by Steveo; 5th January 2022 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Re Coutinho...they say never go back, and history generally supports that. Even Ian Rush and Robbie Fowler were never as good second time around.
    He would fit in comfortably with all the Brasilian Portuguese connection, but i wonder how some sections of the crowd might react to him.
    You make a good point

Always a risk of things going sour and legacy being tainted but Couts left as a facilitator to us getting Virgil and later Alisson, so might be different.

It does often end in tears though

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    FFS chaps, hasn't this gone on long enough?
    It's a transfer thread. We've all chipped in on this but it's dragging now.
    Tried to break it with the Coutinho story, but alas, they are a bunch of stubborn bastards

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    If he elevates us that much more and is one of the missing pieces in the puzzle? Think the crowd will be fine with it. I certainly would

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    OMG CC - please stop further muddying the waters.

Just go back and read my exchange with Legs - see his acknowledgment of the point I was making. And then read my exchange with Crimson.

You are just dragging this on and on while earlier on you were asking to move it to off topic.

It might read like the suffering in Yemen is all one side - which it obviously is not. I can accept that BUT I was talking about the Saudi Ruler because he was cited. I asked why people are so disgusted with his killing of a Journo yet seemingly not bothered by the fact that his country is involved in MULTIPLE proxy wars resulting in the deaths and starvation of hundreds of thousands across the region and WHO also happens to be the US's strongest ally in the said region despite seemingly fighting against the very form of terror they propagate?

It's almost as though there is big money in endless war.

As you are so interested in this subject - I suggest you read up on the Yemeni civil war. Who was first to dive in and arm one side to the teeth, who else is arming them, why they did it, why they continue to do so and why it is so little covered in our media.
    The yemeni war is credited as the child of Joe Biden during the Obama administration.
    Obama takes the fall for these wars as bucko in chief but Biden is credited with this one much like HRC is credited with Gaddaffi having kept Obama out of the loop about the sources of Intel as seen from wikileaks cables. He was hoodwinked to an extent during those wars as seen in the cables. He kicked out HRCs dude she brought him back as an unnamed Intel source.

I remember when CD was giving out to Kopop for being racist. The Portuguese based fella was accused of using racist language for describing Marega as being black.
    Instead it was suggested he should use Malian as his nationality.
    But that was less useful as in terms of what they look like, it's around 90% black and 10% Arab.
    Black was the more informative word to use. The big black lad gave virgil a physical challenge.
    Mali had another coooo this summer, Haiti had an assassinated president.
    Around these times the western attention was focused on BLM and the twittersphere. So attention is often elsewhere on more meaningless pop culture.

BLM an organisation that our lads bend the knee for every game, when the larger message of the organisation is that disparity = oppression, and whiteness is posited as the source of their oppression and the source of individualism and capitalism.
    This is kind of like the nazi rhetoric, german/black and jewry/whiteness.
    I don't think this is good or productive for black people myself, or their various race blm allies, but I don't think it is inevitable the Chambers will be fired up.

This has seen people who have no real tools to interpret data, take an easy out.
    I showed how if you look at prison disparities and want to examine opression, the data suggests overwhelmingly misandry against men over racial oppression.
    How if you wanted to be winning, follow the Asians lead as they are winning on these material scales.
    Of course pushing back against poor data interpretation I get a few noses turned up.

In UK football there are barriers around nationalities that clubs must balance the homegrown contingent. This benefits the English game and players who qualify as homegrown. Did English players call for an end to the homegrown rule this summer ?
    A barrier that protects their interests.

There's an over representation of blacks from the larger population in the national side too as per blm arguments. But no call to use team England to reflect the societies demographics.
    A clear barrier to black players who'd lose out. Did black lads step down from international duty and coin from being an international to get non-blacks into the side.
    Did they fuck. They mainly only look to where diversity was against them, racial group interests.

It was the power of diversity being latched on to team England and racism when diversity sucked at the penalty shootout.
    Even waistcoat being accused of using the black lads to lose a final because they are black.
    Waistcoat his football faults and all considered, I think should probably be given the benefit of the doubt and assumed he didn't tank England to get the nation to hate the black players.

IF anything the evidence would suggest he wanted the black lads to be the heroes and it backfired

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    If he elevates us that much more and is one of the missing pieces in the puzzle? Think the crowd will be fine with it. I certainly would
    Same people as usual, it's a interesting read at first then tedious
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Again read. And stop being so lazy.

I mentioned never wanting the Saudi’s who have finally bought Newcastle. I said so the last time they tried.

If you are so daft that you cannot separate that from not wanting anyone from Saudi owning us. Your problem, you clearly will never understand much.

I did tell you to take up hurling and it was funny and said because you seemed to be making no football sense to my mind.

I have 3 Irish grandparents but must admit that I do find there to be a high volume of very pro Boston globe, Red Sox, Liverpool FC and Pittsburgh Penguin owning FSG loving Irish in here. It makes me think they are supportive due to a perceived Irish link? Daft.

You defend me over being accused of being anti Irish because you know full well that I am the opposite.

Stop this nonsense now.

I attacked 2 statements, one of which was open to a bad interpretation (since acknowledged) and the other that could only be taken badly when read back.

The rest is just a quest .
    I defended you by offering up your part Irish blood, something I know about your identity on here from what you said. The other part down to the stupid nature of this game some people play.
    Some people who buy into this movement think that's important, you being part-Irish. For others that doesn't count and you're still anti-irish.

It's a similar manner to how black people are called uncle Tom's for being black race traitors or left wing traitors, by fellow blacks and non blacks, for offending against political blackness.

In Western society the black vote is most predictable. Deviations from the majority are oft met with the blackface of white supremacy tag (most recently seen in the blackman Larry elder v white guy gavin newsome), uncle tom, coconut similar to uncle Tom- the coconut having the black/brown exterior skin but the soul/mind on the inside white.

You use this term uncle Tom and still claim no prejudices. You judged a black man as failing to meet a standard of blackness and so he became an uncle Tom.

That's how I would read your previous posts, perhaps you were using uncle Tom in an entirely different manner and outside its common parlance ?

Honestly Steveo, the way you argue is so bad. That last response to me is so littered with deliberate misrepresentation as to be contemptible. If you can find the time to take words and ideas seriously, we can pick this up again at some point inshallah