Page 38 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2831323334353637383940414243444548 ... LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I see it like this Mano WHEN Newcastle get towards the top that is when ESL talk starts again.

No chance are the 3 biggest clubs in England going to let this keep sliding (LFC AFC MUFC).

Im all for ESL now I mean league aint doing nothing about the spending/FFP so we might as well get selfish too.

I notice Man City also agreed a new sponsor deal with a company this week the sister of the chairman involved, of course there is nothing dodgy.

Basically its the same people putting in more money but using a company/another name but as I said they arent daft it will be "just about" legal
    Not sure if the ESL thing will ever rear its head again, especially in the format it was previously proposed. Perhaps with wholesale changes and taking many more clubs into the fray.

Same as you, I don't see the PL or even the government doing anything about clubs like City, Newcastle, and Chelsea. From the govt's point of view, it's just more money being pumped into the local economy while for the PL it's more money under the table?

Eventually, it will come to a point where it's a free-for-all between 4 or 5 super-rich owners and the rest hoping for a miracle season once in a blue moon.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Newcastle being Newcastle, I could easily see them making a mess of it. Though if they throw enough money at it they will eventually rise to the top.

I can absolutely guarentee that they wont finish top 4 next season if they stay up. No chance.
    Would be entertaining to watch them make a mess of it, at least for a season or two.

Quote Originally Posted by mano_e_mano View Post
    Not sure if the ESL thing will ever rear its head again, especially in the format it was previously proposed. Perhaps with wholesale changes and taking many more clubs into the fray.

Same as you, I don't see the PL or even the government doing anything about clubs like City, Newcastle, and Chelsea. From the govt's point of view, it's just more money being pumped into the local economy while for the PL it's more money under the table?

Eventually, it will come to a point where it's a free-for-all between 4 or 5 super-rich owners and the rest hoping for a miracle season once in a blue moon.
    I think ESL will be back as long as it isnt a closed shop and things are ironed out as it wasnt presented well.

Spending money is fine by me but if you agree to FFP rules then you stick to them.

I think Newcastle can spend £200m plus ironically due to Mike Ashley not spending much !

Basically it is clubs taking the money instead of UEFA people may not like FSG as an example but its just one lot of rogues getting the money instead of two !!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Bissouma linked with Villa, didn't realise he's in the final 18 month of his contract.
    I doubt we'll go near him due to the rumours of him being a beast.
    More links with Diaz though. Some journo reckons he'd fit perfectly.
    Superb player.

You are right though Tees no chance a big club goes near him at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I think ESL will be back as long as it isnt a closed shop and things are ironed out as it wasnt presented well.

Spending money is fine by me but if you agree to FFP rules then you stick to them.

I think Newcastle can spend £200m plus ironically due to Mike Ashley not spending much !

Basically it is clubs taking the money instead of UEFA people may not like FSG as an example but its just one lot of rogues getting the money instead of two !!
    Now now - let’s keep it strictly football related less we upset all those who can’t bear to scroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Now now - let’s keep it strictly football related less we upset all those who can’t bear to scroll.

Ok Steveo as you say so we not sign anyone 😂😂

Be interesting to see who Newcastle sign looks like Howe is their Mark Hughes he'll be binned within 18 months.

Nothing bad will be said on Sky either as Redknapp is mates with one of the "10%" crew at Newcastle !

Quote Originally Posted by mano_e_mano View Post
    If, and its a big if, Newcastle manage to stay up this season then I fear that they will get enough of a bounce out of it that they might challenge for a top four position as early as next year.

Remember they have two transfer windows before the next season begins and a lot of time to plan their bullshit. They can pay fees and wages that no one else can so you never know what kind of players they might be able to attract given that they are a one city club with a big stadium and a lot of (shitty) fans.

Moreover, Howe was considered for some of the top roles not too long ago so he's not a bad manager to have in place for a project like theirs.

Really sucks the joy, excitement and unpredictability out of football this oil money
    Yeah that OIL money ! what bullshit ! Trippier 12 mill.Anyone could have afforded him.
    Some fans need to concentrate more on LFC players earning their pay then there'd be no unpredictability.

I could be wrong but i dont recall anyone dwelling on CITY or any other club when we won the League,European and World club or is it just when were underperforming ?
    Last edited by fagin; 7th January 2022 at 07:41 PM.

One interesting thing about City will be the next few years. When those cunts have officially turned the Prem into the Bundesliga, an un-interesting one horse shite league, wether the Premier league product/brand takes a hit and something is finally done about them. Albeit long before time.
    They're pretty much like the Tory govt, people are finally waking up to the damage they are doing.

According to the dictionary OBSESSION is not a normal state to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    According to the dictionary OBSESSION is not a normal state to be in.
    "Anno". I've had a few cans of IPA, one of them was 6.5%. It's put me on a chatting shit wobble.