Page 49 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3942434445464748495051525354555659 ... LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

Everyone relax, our major January signing has been revealed, Harvey Elliott, undoubted top top class Premier League sensation after ONE season on loan in The CHAMPIONSHIP helping the mighty Blackburn Rovers reach the dizzy heights of 15th FIFTEENTH in The CHAMPIONSHIP and not having provided a single goal, assist or key pass and been nowhere near right in his positioning in the press in his bizarrely given opportunities so far this season - Send the kid back out on loan, get a proper midfielder in, he's not ready or good enough
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'd take Carvalho from Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Everyone relax, our major January signing has been revealed, Harvey Elliott, undoubted top top class Premier League sensation after ONE season on loan in The CHAMPIONSHIP helping the mighty Blackburn Rovers reach the dizzy heights of 15th FIFTEENTH in The CHAMPIONSHIP and not having provided a single goal, assist or key pass and been nowhere near right in his positioning in the press in his bizarrely given opportunities so far this season - Send the kid back out on loan, get a proper midfielder in, he's not ready or good enough
    I think myself and the vast majority of fellow Reds will take Klopp's judgement on Harvey Elliott over yours my good man...
    It is disappointing, but not surprising, that the owners don't seem to want to part with their cash in this window. It's pathetic really, but they have form for being tight at LFC...

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He has 1 assist in 4 games?

Or not. Thought I remembered him getting an assist.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    It is disappointing, but not surprising, that the owners don't seem to want to part with their cash in this window. It's pathetic really, but they have form for being tight at LFC...
    We'd have to buy home-grown, which would mean over-inflated prices at this time of year, when other sides have their own ambitions. Said purchase probably doesn't win us the League or get us further in the Champion's League, so the only benefit would be prepping for next season's campaign (something I personally would be happy to risk, but our set-up is very risk-averse) possibly at the expense of chemistry this season as we get the African lads back and into the groove of patterns of play etc.

In theory we might be able to buy a player out of the remainder of his contract, but that could set a bad precedent for later on and would eat into future transfer funds anyway, which would just fuel further frustration later on.

Alternatively, if we make Nineteenx slide a fiver away into our accounts every time he mentions Tchouaméni we could buy Mbappe.

With Grealish going for £100m and the likes of Bowen or Rice linked with fees anywhere between £45m - £80m according to reports there's likely going to be a lot more happening in the League around loans, free agents and taking calculated risks on younger lads earlier in their careers to develop.

If we're fortunate, we might get a sale and can use the money at some stage - perhaps Phillips leaves.

Origi is someone I personally would probably let go of in January too, but suspect Klopp will see more value in having him as an option for the last 20 minutes of a Champion's League clash, given that he got 2-of-4 of the goals against Barcelona and the only goal from open play in a tight Champion's League Final. Not to mention I don't see getting genuine bids in. Just keep until Summer, don't renew, frees up a squad slot for a transfer or more games for a Youth prospect, wish him all the very best.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

There's are new signing rhys Williams been recalled don't think he could get a start for Swansea lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    There's are new signing rhys Williams been recalled don't think he could get a start for Swansea lol
    We might be doing so in anticipation of a Phillips departure - seems a strange one otherwise.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We might be doing so in anticipation of a Phillips departure - seems a strange one otherwise.
    Could be just getting him gametime somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We'd have to buy home-grown, which would mean over-inflated prices at this time of year, when other sides have their own ambitions. Said purchase probably doesn't win us the League or get us further in the Champion's League.
    Probably doesn't win us the league, might very well help us win the Champions League and is an absolutely vital first step in rebuilding our ageing or not at the level or ever likely to be midfield ahead of adding Bellingham in the summer

Get me Tchouameni in and ship that made of biscuits showboater Thiago off to Barca to make room for him