Page 64 of 79 FirstFirst ... 145457585960616263646566676869707174 ... LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Add Amsterdam to his Expedia itinerary just incase. Gravenberch as a plan B.
    Ricky Gervais is sending Karl Pinkerton with him and it's being filmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    all four of those are currently showing more fight than them!
    I mean, it might look that way in terms of the eye-test, but -

Watford for example have 1 point from their last 5 games, just like Everton.

Burnley meanwhile have 2 points from their last 5 games, which is only 1 more.

With such low points tallies, Everton have a little bit of a cushion - and we'd expect new manager bounce. I think they'll stay up, but can't wait to join the relegation party if I'm wrong.

Liverpool are close to signing Porto forward Luis Diaz for an initial £37.5million and it's believed the player will earn a smaller pay packet than Adrian and Nat Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Liverpool are close to signing Porto forward Luis Diaz for an initial £37.5million and it's believed the player will earn a smaller pay packet than Adrian and Nat Phillips
    That's mad if true (on the wage) as Adrian earns about £58k per week - think Phillips is on £64k per week or so since the new deal.

Apparently, Diaz's nickname is Noodle. If that's not a sign, I don't know what is.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Porto fans not happy

Fabio Pavao said: "Does the board know what they're doing? Luis Diaz for 45m? Really?"

Joao Pinto added: "Who are you going to get to replace Diaz? Are we going to be left without two wingers until the end of the season?"

Another commented: "One of the best players that has played at our club and league and you let him go, like that..."

Marco posted: "Selling the best player our league has had and one of the best wingers at a bargain price..."

Duarte Rodrigues replied: "Some sell worse players at 120m while we sell our best player for 45m..."

Another fan said "This is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I mean, it might look that way in terms of the eye-test, but -

Watford for example have 1 point from their last 5 games, just like Everton.

Burnley meanwhile have 2 points from their last 5 games, which is only 1 more.

With such low points tallies, Everton have a little bit of a cushion - and we'd expect new manager bounce. I think they'll stay up, but can't wait to join the relegation party if I'm wrong.
    Yeah I know but at least we can dream.

I thought they would probably be ok with Ferguson at the helm. He’d scare anyone into giving their all.

Not a traditional path to Premier League stardom as we would know it ….

“Luis Díaz is a remarkable player who will do great things at Liverpool.

His story is also incredible & despite all the talent, it’s a miracle he was able to have a professional career.

At 17 he was severely underweight, unknown & playing on a dusty pitch in his remote village.”

Simon Edwards
    @SimonEdwardsSAF
    ·
    17h
    Replying to
    @SimonEdwardsSAF
    Luis Díaz grew up close to a mining settlement, he ate goat for almost every meal, he didn’t have a television and in the evenings he would listen to his grandma tell stories.

He is from an indigenous Wayuu family and he played football in the village team run by his family.

Colombia was looking to put together a team for the Copa America of Indigenous People in Chile

Luis Díaz’ family was invited to send some players from the club to Bogota for a trial

Luis went but was initially written off as too skinny but in training he impressed & was picked

He impressed in Chile & caught the eye of Colombian legend Carlos Valderrama.

‘El Pibe’ took him to his former club Junior for a trial, they liked him & sent him to their second division affiliate Barranquilla FC.

They said he needed to add 10kg & was on a high protein diet.

He impressed at Barranquilla & was brought across to Junior in 2017

By 2019 he was off to Europe with Porto where he has scored some spectacular goals & showcased his incredible dribbling ability

In 2021 he finished joint top scorer at the Copa America alongside Lionel Messi

How did he celebrate this incredible achievement?

He went back to his village in La Guajira to have a kick about with his friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    That's mad if true (on the wage) as Adrian earns about £58k per week - think Phillips is on £64k per week or so since the new deal.
    I love Phillips to bits and think he'll go on to have a very good PL career but why on earth are we paying our 5th choice centre half £65k a week? Mental.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Apparently, Diaz's nickname is Noodle. If that's not a sign, I don't know what is.
    That would be fitting for us all on here. Plus he's Ginis replacement who Noods was never a huge fan of.