Page 72 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2262656667686970717273747576777879 LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    If we have had a genuine offer from Leeds of £17m for Minamino, we should surely be taking it.
    Practical question to the forum.

Let's say a Club decided they want Minamino - and it's Deadline Day.

- I think he is in Japan with the international side.
    - Japan takes a considerable period of time to reach via Plane.
    - Rules in Japan about letting foreign nationals in are currently quite strict due to Covid.

I know the contractual side of things could be done via e-mail, photograph of a signature for signing a contract etc etc but how would getting the likes of a Medical done work? Is the transfer (given the circumstances) actually that likely today?

I guess it’s possible, but as you point out extremely difficult to get over the line in time. Distance and protocol look to be in the way, so it’s a no from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Practical question to the forum.

Let's say a Club decided they want Minamino - and it's Deadline Day.

- I think he is in Japan with the international side.
    - Japan takes a considerable period of time to reach via Plane.
    - Rules in Japan about letting foreign nationals in are currently quite strict due to Covid.

I know the contractual side of things could be done via e-mail, photograph of a signature for signing a contract etc etc but how would getting the likes of a Medical done work? Is the transfer (given the circumstances) actually that likely today?
    Get a Japanese doctor/team perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Get a Japanese doctor/team perhaps
    I know someone who could sort it.

I think Carvalho signs today, Neco goes on Loan and perhaps Phillips who should really just get sold for everyone's sake, same with Minamino but as you said Sid probably not that easily done sadly.

Baffled why we didn't take 17.5m Phillips for 15ish too? that's the diaz money not far off being paid already.

I'm sure FSG can make the difference rest of the money, + Carvalho

Still may even see origi leave today, unlikely but a decent offer comes in, now we have Diaz can't see us saying no.

Can't we sell Karis for 500k or something?? something is better than nothing surely? another player that needs to go, for sure more than anyone else, for everyones sake.

I'd rather lose a few Mill in sales than have unhappy players at the club, Look at utd and what it's done there.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 31st January 2022 at 11:52 AM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Can't we sell Karis for 500k or something?? something is better than nothing surely? another player that needs to go, for sure more than anyone else, for everyones sake.
    Just seems so unlikely.

Imagine you want to buy him.

Pay £500,000 now, plus his wages for the rest of the season, plus the agent's fee OR try to acquire him on a free in the Summer.

Think we're stuck with him sadly. Not for much longer mind.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Spurs are moaning about us gazumping them for Dias. Historically don't Spurs and Chelsea always gazump us for players? Although off the top of my head re: Spurs, the only one I can think of was Christian Eriksen, who we were in for and last minute went to London. But I think there are others.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Spurs are moaning about us gazumping them for Dias. Historically don't Spurs and Chelsea always gazump us for players? Although off the top of my head re: Spurs, the only one I can think of was Christian Eriksen, who we were in for and last minute went to London. But I think there are others.
    Salah, Dempsey, Sigurðsson

Yes Siggurdson.
    If you are including Chelsea (were we in for Salah?) there was Willian and a few others. Their wives want to go shopping.

Damian Duff was one. higher wages and signing on fee