Page 75 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2565686970717273747576777879 LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

paul joyce
    @_pauljoyce
    Liverpool have reached an agreement on fee for Fabio Carvalho with Fulham. But race to get medical and personal terms done by 11.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    paul joyce
    @_pauljoyce
    Liverpool have reached an agreement on fee for Fabio Carvalho with Fulham. But race to get medical and personal terms done by 11.
    We'll likely have the contract provisionally drawn up.

Probably have to work out something else (maybe he remains at them on loan for the season) and a couple of add-ons but I think that should be that *crosses fingers*
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Think it will get it done no chance have we agreed a fee to not know if he'll agree terms.

Joyce has been on about it for a few days so its clear we are keen he isnt some chancer on twitter.

Im pleased about this. Looking forward to seeing what he will bring.

Sky saying it's in the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I am back on this forum.
    A few health concerns but ok
    I have checked back on quite a few threads and Steveos are far worse than mine. I hope your wife gets well again Steveo!.
    Also 19x seems to have been missing amidst some very good transfer news and there has been some pisstaking of his activities durings that recent activity.
    It is not like the 19x that I remembered. I hope he is ok! I hope I am welcome back.
    Good to have you back mate. Don’t worry too much about the piss taking regarding 19x. It’s all in good fun and he gives as good as he takes. Obviously I hope he’s okay… it does seem strange that he’s AWOL at such an interesting time.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Well that’s 11:00 come and gone, no announcement from Anfield on Carvalho or from Goodison on Dele Alli

The positive is we loaned them Williams and they still owe us for Wilson.

The risk is someone else swoops in.

Im hoping we can get the deal done in next few weeks for the fee we agreed.

Would have been nice to get the lad in this window to bed in so any everyone's up to speed for the start of next season and the focus can be on integrating the 2 new top CMs we bring in during the summer, not the end of the world, we absolutely did need a CM this window though, like most others I think we'll get Bellingham in the summer, but we need 2 and one of them who can play No6 and No8, and Bellingham is a No8 for me
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quantity-wise we are in a good spot. We can always seek to find net improvements in terms of quality and player robustness.

We currently have 15 very good players across the midfield and attacking units.

Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Chamberlain, Jones, Elliott - eight midfielders (assuming Elliott remains a mid) -

- plus Salah, Mane, Firmino, Jota, Diaz, Origi, Minamino - seven attackers

This is before we consider the ongoing integration of Morton (midfield) and Gordon (attack) or those who might get more chances in the next couple of years (such as Musialowski) or lads who might join - such as Carvalho.

It's a lot of players, so streamlining things a little would be welcome, with the obvious caveats being that we want incoming players to be high quality and not particularly injury-prone.

Milner surely moves on. You then look at Origi/Minamino and speculate that Diaz+Carvalho would be enough if Carvalho arrives to cover. That still likely leaves room to sell a midfielder that's not quite got the injury record (one of Ox or Keita?) we desire as I don't think Klopp would move Thiago on personally, nor would I (yet) want him to as, like a Pirlo or Alonso, that level of space and touch is something you want younger squad lads observing - but admittedly that is a subjective take.

That would leave room in the squad for a top midfield target (we'd all love Bellingham, knowing us it will be someone else) and we can supplement that with giving more matches to certain players (Jones being one, Morton being another) to keep working on the next "cycle" or even bring another midfielder in if the budgeting works/Klopp wants it/right target can be got etc.

The squad is that much better now for adding Diaz. That's Konate, Thiago, Jota and Diaz added in recent times, all of whom are quality players (even if Thiago's injuries have been a pain!) and you'd back us to keep finding the right lads.

Besides, the better the group is, the more attractive we become to targets with skill, drive and ambition. We have a great Manager, a great squad, generally play good football and give Youth a chance - we're a bloody attractive prospect.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay