Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26666970717273747576777879 LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

Absolutely spot on 19, you bin missed mate.

Only seen it mentioned on one article somewhere, but the loan fee for Phillips was apparently £1.5m.

So if we still value him at £15m it's a £13.5m bid we want in the Summer.

Don't think we'll get all of it, but can see us getting £11m or so, so we'd have only missed out on £2.5m if it pans out that way.

Hopefully Bournemouth get promoted now on the back of good performances from Nat. Doesn't even have to be them that buys him necessarily, he just needs that run of consistent performances to attract interest.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

He’s a lot better than many CB’s in the Prem, I’d be amazed if he doesn’t have Premier League options in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    He’s a lot better than many CB’s in the Prem, I’d be amazed if he doesn’t have Premier League options in the summer.
    Think it's because he's not had a proper run of games really.

24 league caps at 24 is a big risk (think that's right)

Still don't think he's as good as some make out, it's one thing playing for us, let's see how he does at bournemouth.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Possibly true but you might think differently seeing him in a team without the threats we carry. Difficult to judge tbf - seemingly there are few clubs who seem to want to spend the dosh despite him playing for us last season at a crucial stage.

He has the physical attributes BUT doesn't appear to have the technique to my eyes at least.

I agree with Kev/Steveo here.

He hasnt got much experience really and the dross always buy experienced players in a dog fight.

Is he good enough for the league I think he is he is a beast in the air and like Steveo says his ball skills might lack but he'd be fine in a low block team imo.

I think if we get £10m in the summer we'll have done well.

Hope he plays well for his new team he stepped up for us when we needed it in pressure games.

Any idea how long his contract is for?

Transfer expert Fabrizio Romano has praised the speed in which Liverpool acted to sign Luis Diaz from Porto.

“In my opinion they (Liverpool) did incredible business,” said Romano on Rio Ferdinand’s Gazzetta Dello Five YouTube show.

“They showed how good they are with the strategy. In 24 hours they completed the signing.”

Romano says that Liverpool had to act quickly to avoid the player going to Tottenham.

“Once Tottenham were going with a second bid, close to signing Luis Diaz from Porto, they jumped into it. They were planning for the medical, they’ve been very fast, very smart,” he explained.

It was a surprise to see Liverpool act so decisively with a January signing, especially so close to the deadline. But Romano is sure that by moving now instead of in the summer, Liverpool have saved themselves a pile of money.

“Congrats to Liverpool because they’ve signed a fantastic winger for €40m [£33m]plus add-on’s. I’m sure if you want to buy this boy in the summer it’s maybe 70 or 75 million euros [£62 million],” the journalist said.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Any idea how long his contract is for?
    He signed 4 year deal last year I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Think it's because he's not had a proper run of games really.

24 league caps at 24 is a big risk (think that's right)
    Crux of it I think too, yeah.

He's had 47 career appearances in all comps I think and the most memorable ones were for us - a team that, on paper at least, are "on top" in a lot of games.

If you're a Championship side or a bottom half Premier League team, you likely want evidence that a defensive target can handle regularly featuring in games where you're under pressure.

It's very understandable from the perspective of those we would want to buy from us. Hopefully he excels with Bournemouth and we attract an appropriate bid.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay