Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 276770717273747576777879 LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

Nat may have only played 24 times but everyone could see he can hold his own in this league. How many times to teams spend £10-15m on dross because they looked ok in a weaker league?

Plenty of Prem teams should be looking at him. He’s no Alan Hansen but neither is the likes of that £80m meathead over at Old Trafford. Nat is easily worth the money being asked imo

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Nat may have only played 24 times but everyone could see he can hold his own in this league. How many times to teams spend £10-15m on dross because they looked ok in a weaker league?

Plenty of Prem teams should be looking at him. He’s no Alan Hansen but neither is the likes of that £80m meathead over at Old Trafford. Nat is easily worth the money being asked imo
    Agree, when given the opportunity he excelled.

People can have concerns about short time frames when judging players, but sometimes you can see it and players can turn up out of nowhere in a short spell as seen with a few examples.

I’m really sorry to see him go, albeit on loan. I see the reasoning behind it but wish him every success. When we were in the mire he stepped up and performed brilliantly.

Not really happy that both Phillips and Neco were loaned out, we're a player short again now, Bradley isn't proven reliable cover for RB, Neco wasn't exactly that, but much better than Bradley at present, now Gomez is our only genuine cover for RB, which means we're down to 3 CBs again - Absolute fucking lunacy in my opinion
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Liverpool and Senegal forward Sadio Mane, 29, would be willing to leave the club this summer if Real Madrid or Barcelona come in for him. (Goal, in Spanish)

Yeah right! i really hope we keep Mane for a couple of more years.. Hes still a very good player
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Kevin Palmer@RealKevinPalmer

"Update… the framework of an agreement is in place for Fabio Carvalho to join Liverpool. Fulham have floated the prospect of the player being loaned to them next season so the fine details are still to be resolved. Liverpool keen to get it done quickly #LFC"

https://twitter.com/RealKevinPalmer/status/1492912338407669768

- I'd like to think that we didn't find ourselves loaning the fella out, unless we particularly wish to. Would be much more keen for us to keep focusing on bringing our future lads through while the lads who have been most heavily involved in our recent success are still playing and there to be spoken to/observed/skill-share with on the training ground and around the dressing room.

That hypothetical nit-pick aside, would be great if we do indeed bring him here.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Think he will join Sid probably why we loaned Neco to them.

Speaking of Neco, I see he was man of the match for Fulham yesterday. I actually believe he is a very talented footballer. Another one that will be good to have back next season. Hopefully, he’s working extra hard on his friendship with Carvalho!
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Subject to change as Clubs scramble to tie lads down, but hey.

Out of contract in Summer -

Zagadou
    Muani
    Carvalho (hope we have this sorted)
    Brereton
    Kamara

12 months left on contracts when Summer arrives -

Gavi
    Ndicka
    Cherki
    Gravenberch
    Araujo
    Schlotterbeck
    Caqueret
    Moukoko

There's definitely younger talent out there that are available at reasonable rates. We have an excellent squad at the moment with a few lads who have found themselves closer to the fringes for different reasons (such as Ox, Origi, Minamino) and it would be excellent if we can keep addressing things in the usual fashion.

Still only March, but who do you think we are likely to shift in the summer?? My patience is running short with Oxlade..
    I think we should cash in and go for someone like Ward Prowse.He''ll be cheaper than Rice.then again hes 27.. so maybe a little to old.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century