Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2868717273747576777879 LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Still only March, but who do you think we are likely to shift in the summer?? My patience is running short with Oxlade..
    I think we should cash in and go for someone like Ward Prowse.He''ll be cheaper than Rice.then again hes 27.. so maybe a little to old.
    Surely on the way out. Hes becoming less and less effective. I'm certain we'll sign a first choice mid but it's anyones guess who it will be.
    Ward Prowse would be a great signing but I'm nit sure he would cone to LFC,Would most likely want first team football and despite him being very good I'd want better quality. He'd still get plenty of games though so maybe he would sign?

Still think Philips will be the one we go for. I'd like Rice or Bellingham but I just don't see us splurging that money. Diaz is 100% part of summers budget so I cant see close to 100m signing coming in.
    Carvalho will be signed I'd guess.

Get with the programme tees la. It’s Keita plus £40m to Dortmund.

I think and hope we'll sign one of Tchouameni or Bellingham, we ideally need 2 CMs of the highest quality for the longterm, but I don't think that will happen, I hope it does, but don't see it unless Gravenberch is available for a more modest fee than the other 2

We need another CB now Jurgen has really got the hang of rotating them successfully, the successful rotation of our players and using of our entire squad has been a real plus this season

I think Carvalho will join, but possibly be loaned back to Fulham for the season

Then it's a question of who leaves as to what our level of spending on the incoming 2 CMs and CB players we need will be, or if we get 2 CMs or just one I'd reckon, need at LEAST one top top quality midfielder who can play no6 and No8, no fucking excuses this summer like the last 3
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Get with the programme tees la. It’s Keita plus £40m to Dortmund.
    Hmm. You might be right mate, I guess it will all depend on wether theyre willing to A) lose their 2 best players and B) if they'd actually want Keita.
    A) will be the sticking point I think. Haaland is nailed on to go.

Lots of rumours Bellingham has committed to staying at Dortmund for another season, might well be accurate, still only 18 and Tees has always raised the question of whether or not Dortmund would sell both their prized assets in the coming summer, perhaps with some justification, Tchouameni and Gravenberch it is then We can add Bellingham the following summer

Midfield certainly needs a bit of a shake up next summer, Bellingham or not.

It certainly does and I'd genuinely say that even if we cleaned up on trophies.
    Didn't realise Bellingham is only 18.
    We shouldn't be shocked at all to see a completely left field signing who we either don't know or didn't see coming.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Midfield certainly needs a bit of a shake up next summer, Bellingham or not.
    Well now we have Diaz and Minamino has started to deliver in the cups, we don't need Oxlade as an assitional forward which is the only position he delivers in when played now, Keita and Thiago's futures may both be under consideration because of their availability issues, Jones desperately needs a loan, although he has made some strides when being asked to operate as more of a LCM controller recently, Keita has improved in his performances and his availability as well, but not sure it's enough or that he's a good enough or reliable enough option to keep and take up a foreign place in the squad also considering he goes to Afcon every second season - Need at least one top top class player who can play No6 and No8 for me, same as we did last summer

Any pursuit of Tchouameni might potentially be aided by our also having Konate who seems certain to be part of the France senior set up before too long and a likely mainstay of it for a very long time

Pretty shocking the way Ox has dropped off. i was watching the game and after about 35 minutes the commentator mentioned Ox and i hadn't even realised he was playing.

Ox had done alright when used at LFWD or RFWD in the last 2 seasons, but he has stunk the place out in midfield since the 19-20 season when he filled in very well when needed.

In midfield maybe he is trying too hard, he puts the effort in, but he charges to wherever the ball is and where we have another player pretty much all the time leaving him in no mans land in the press and counter press and letting the opposition play out far too easily, pretty much always to the player he should be pressing or blocking the line for any pass to