Page 8 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858 ... LastLast

Thread: On the first day of January...............

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Anyone seen Salah’s instagram post? Looks cryptic. Bunch of random LFC pictures. Is he saying something to the owners or the fans?
    Hopefully contract..... don't really agree with stuff like that

Even if it's our Mo.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 17th December 2021 at 09:27 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Not really impressed with the regular Raphina links if I'm honest, very Diouf for me, to me at least he just doesn't look to have anywhere approaching the same level of quality as other top young forwards we have been linked to since Jurgen has been at the club, Leeds is about the right fit for him, an aspiring to be just about in the top half of the Prem team
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

On Mo, I'm not sure, I think he loves it at Liverpool, I think he appreciates the club have made him a world star through the other top class players they have and the system and how they employed his abilities and used other players to support him developing them and they signed him and enabled him to become one of the world's best players when he wasn't on any other teams radar - not at all bad for a Chelsea reject

On the other hand, I think Mo also absolutely loves the trappings of success and all the material goods he has accumulated through it, so as much as i desperately want him to stay at LFC, I can see a Gini like situation in Mo and his agent looking for one huge final pay day in one of the last contracts, if not the last contracts he will sign - That approach really hasn't worked out well at all for Gini or us, so let's hope FSG get their finger out and get the contract done

We need to sign him up or sell him. Can’t let him wind down his contract, that would be a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    In a ideal world, gomez would go on loan but klopps already said fuck that basically
    Not surprised - after last season's centre-back crisis we'd probably be wise to hold onto what we have and see this season out. We all know how quickly things could look threadbare as/when Matip gets an injury and maybe Konate has Covid at the same time or something like that - everyone would be on edge.

On a totally different tangent, can anyone confirm that we had 33 points after our opening 17 fixtures last season, compared to 40 this time around?
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Are FSG going to show some desperately needed fight, ambition and balls and slap Chelsea down for a player on this occasion instead of backing off letting them snap our targets up as they did under Lampard if this story is to be believed?

They need to look at their model, consider our successes and accept that their model doesn't work and won't work without making at least a couple of marquee signings and beating other top clubs to the signatures of the very best players as they did with Van Dijk and Alisson from time to time, at least once or twice every 3 or 4 seasons

They can't claim their model is what is winning or was behind winning, had they not stumped up and fought off the competition for our 2 marquee signings under them, we'd not have won the 2 biggest prizes in the game. It bizarrely claims that they appointed Jurgen not on reputation or football, but on a simulation model created by a Cambridge professor on Jurgen's wiki, it was apparently coincidental that he had such an incredible reputation and everyone in the game who loves Liverpool and a great many at other clubs wanted him for the reasons he has been successful, not because of some berks simulation model

https://www.teamtalk.com/chelsea/set-fresh-talks-aurelien-tchouameni-liverpool-target-50-million

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Not surprised - after last season's centre-back crisis we'd probably be wise to hold onto what we have and see this season out. We all know how quickly things could look threadbare as/when Matip gets an injury and maybe Konate has Covid at the same time or something like that - everyone would be on edge.

On a totally different tangent, can anyone confirm that we had 33 points after our opening 17 fixtures last season, compared to 40 this time around?
    Confirmed
    https://www.premierleague.com/matchweek/5680/table

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Are FSG going to show some desperately needed fight, ambition and balls and slap Chelsea down for a player on this occasion instead of backing off letting them snap our targets up as they did under Lampard if this story is to be believed?

They need to look at their model, consider our successes and accept that their model doesn't work and won't work without making at least a couple of marquee signings and beating other top clubs to the signatures of the very best players as they did with Van Dijk and Alisson from time to time, at least once or twice every 3 or 4 seasons

They can't claim their model is what is winning or was behind winning, had they not stumped up and fought off the competition for our 2 marquee signings under them, we'd not have won the 2 biggest prizes in the game. It bizarrely claims that they appointed Jurgen not on reputation or football, but on a simulation model created by a Cambridge professor on Jurgen's wiki, it was apparently coincidental that he had such an incredible reputation and everyone in the game who loves Liverpool and a great many at other clubs wanted him for the reasons he has been successful, not because of some berks simulation model

https://www.teamtalk.com/chelsea/set-fresh-talks-aurelien-tchouameni-liverpool-target-50-million
    It bizarrely claims - what is it?

That's mad to even imagine that they created a klopp simulated being from his Wiki and yet were not undone by the success and standing that emanates from his Wiki.

If you were looking for a manager to tick the boxes of
    Marketability
    Proven success not based on net spend *
    Great manager alone

* More a concern for FSG than Romansour

It wouldn't have taken much to put Klopp top of your list. There's only pep who city fans wouldn't swap instantly for Klopp.
    Thankfully for us Klopp relishes the fight.

@Steveo, from somewhere else in another thread.

Looking at a post Klopp era...
    (I think he'll extend beyond his current deal)

Lfc and fsg will have better facilities and a better squad to entice his successor.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    It bizarrely claims - what is it?

That's mad to even imagine that they created a klopp simulated being from his Wiki and yet were not undone by the success and standing that emanates from his Wiki.

If you were looking for a manager to tick the boxes of
    Marketability
    Proven success not based on net spend *
    Great manager alone

* More a concern for FSG than Romansour

It wouldn't have taken much to put Klopp top of your list. There's only pep who city fans wouldn't swap instantly for Klopp.
    Thankfully for us Klopp relishes the fight.
    Check it our from Jurgen's wiki, an absolutely ridiculous and outrageous claim, who the fuck wrote that Henry and Werner, continuing their own myth making, they're living on cloud cuckoo land somewhere very deep in their own back passage if they actually believe that, no mention of them actually beating off other top club to make the marquee signings of Virgil and Alisson in there either, no wonder we're rapidly going backwards if the guys running the club actually believe that BS

On 8 October 2015, Klopp agreed a three-year deal to become Liverpool manager, replacing Brendan Rodgers. According to El País, Liverpool co-owner John W. Henry did not trust public opinion so he looked for a mathematical method very similar to Moneyball, the approach that Henry used for the Boston Red Sox in guiding them to three World Series wins, which he also owns via Fenway Sports Group. The mathematical model turned out to be that of Cambridge physicist Ian Graham, which was used to select the manager, Klopp, and players essential for Liverpool to win the UEFA Champions League