Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: This Weekend’s Other Games : 4-12-21

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    They've quite a "forgiving" run of fixtures right through to March and then are going to be hit with playing the better sides in the League whilst trying to juggle Europe. If they are serious about finishing in the Top Four (which they should be given how small the gap to West Ham is) then they need to make the most of the next few months and rack the points up, otherwise I think they'll be in for a shock in 2022.
    The easy fixture thing is never that simple either. I just looked at their fixtures. They have Norwich and Brentford away. You'd never fancy them in either..Their fans were creaming themselves over beating Palace at home.
    When you cant beat Young Boys at home.. it shows the lack of ability in my opinion. I don't get the hype about their squad either.. I do not rate them at all.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The easy fixture thing is never that simple either. I just looked at their fixtures. They have Norwich and Brentford away. You'd never fancy them in either..Their fans were creaming themselves over beating Palace at home.
    When you cant beat Young Boys at home.. it shows the lack of ability in my opinion. I don't get the hype about their squad either.. I do not rate them at all.
    I would probably back them against Norwich, simply because they have scored 8 but conceded 31 - Brentford are no mugs though. The Young Boys (chuckle) game didn't have much riding (titter) on it for them so I don't know how to read it. Totally get what you're saying about fixtures never being terribly easy in general. They'll have some less than ideal results along the way no doubt.

Squad ain't all that as you say - there's definitely a gap between the top three and the rest. It will be interesting to see how they do in the "other 17" League as it were.

I will of course be jubilant if Norwich surprise us

Hopefully they fluff the Europa League campaign and miss out on the Champion's League spots.

Once upon a time I had quite a bit of time for them, but gradually the diving, dropping of the UNICEF on the shirt sponsor, the "more than a club" crap, the tapping up and the enormous transfer fees that went against their previous ethos.....they just became less and less likeable - probably not helped by them taking Mascherano and Suarez off us to be fair.

Anyway. Not a fan and hope they slide a bit. The money they have spent (Neymar, Coutinho, Dembele and more) just makes their circumstances all the more chuckle-worthy. There's more to the game than enormous transfer fees.
    And somehow Dembele is out of contract at the end of the season. How on earth does a club let that happen? Especially after the Messi fiasco.

They really need to get rid of some of that aging squad.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    And somehow Dembele is out of contract at the end of the season. How on earth does a club let that happen? Especially after the Messi fiasco.

They really need to get rid of some of that aging squad.
    To be honest dembele is made of Ox kinda stuff.

Or aurelio... etc
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Spurs are in big trouble with Covid.....

Busiest time of year, good luck.
    #FSGOUT

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Spurs are in big trouble with Covid.....

Busiest time of year, good luck.
    Plays into the hands of West Ham/Man United/Arsenal etc jostling for what we'd imagine will be one remaining spot for the Champion's League.

Did they ever recover from what we did to them?
    It was... 'more than a loss'

Rodgers at the wheel, leicester out of the europa wasn't ever gonna beat napoli away though.
    #FSGOUT

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Rodgers at the wheel, leicester out of the europa wasn't ever gonna beat napoli away though.
    Havent they gone into the 3rd/4th competition?? gawd knows theres more and more these days.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Leicester boss Rodgers: I don't know what Conference League is

Leicester have dropped into the Europa Conference League but manager Brendan Rodgers admitted he does not even know what the competition is.

Lol
    #FSGOUT