Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: This Weekend’s Other Games : 4-12-21

Wow, didn’t mince his words, to be fair the penalty gave the game to Bayern. Wasn’t a penalty for me either, the guy wasn’t even looking at the ball when it struck his hand.

Indeed he didn't - he could see a fine or a short suspension for being that brazen, but it's a refreshing change of an answer in some ways.

Hopefully Bayern (Benfica have to do their business too) slap Barcelona down into the Europa League on Wednesday.

Barca were beaten 1-0 at home by the Sweaty Betis today.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Barca were beaten 1-0 at home by the Sweaty Betis today.
    Indeed!

I think they'll claw their way up the table little-by-little but would love to see them miss out on Champion's League football for next season given some of their shenanigans in recent years.

16 points behind Real at the top is a stretch but they are still capable of clawing back the 6 points they are behind 4th.

Armando Broja looks rather class for Southampton only 20

One of chelseas many loan players
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quite surprised none of the 2pm kick offs are being shown live today, thought they'd have the filthy's first game with their new manager on - Very disappointed they let Ole go, I mean, what a time to be a Liverpool fan, Klopp as our manager, with Ole as theirs, it couldn't get any better

Interesting to see in Rangnick has the ability Jurgen, Guardiola and Tuchel have to get their players playing to higher levels for them, given he was where he was at his age and has always been the bridesmaid and never the bride, you rather suspect he doesn't have that certain je ne sais quoi that separates the very very best managers from all the others who understand perfectly well how and why a system of playing works and works very well and have the ability to coach and drill their players to play it and those who can do that and have their players perform out of their skins for them

Just have to hope, as we sure as shit won't move for him knowing FSG that Chelsea beat the filthy to landing the Monaco lad, if they were to land him, they suddenly have a very good midfield 3 and Pogba's Kante type player he needs in the 3 with him
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Leicester V villa will be a interesting game, Rodgers needs to start getting some results

I was curious and bored so thought I'd look on leicesters forums, seems like they're getting sick of him haha

This is crazy talk from Rogers it's like your admitting your not good enough and have no solution.

Thats hilarious from Rodgers! lol The blokes gone full mental.

When the manager starts talking nonsense he's feeling the pressure. we just need him to get back to basics, Solid in defense creative in midfield and take what chances we create.

He's losing the plot with some of the crap he's been coming out with lately. The fact we've gone through long periods in Rodgers 2.5 years here when we've come out the blocks fast suggests it's a more recent issue.

Also saying how rodgers hasn't fixed a few problems since he's been there... all of this is sounding rather familiar don't you think? that's our Brenny right there, we know leicester fans we know
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Leicester V villa will be a interesting game, Rodgers needs to start getting some results

I was curious and bored so thought I'd look on leicesters forums, seems like they're getting sick of him haha

This is crazy talk from Rogers it's like your admitting your not good enough and have no solution.

Thats hilarious from Rodgers! lol The blokes gone full mental.

When the manager starts talking nonsense he's feeling the pressure. we just need him to get back to basics, Solid in defense creative in midfield and take what chances we create.

He's losing the plot with some of the crap he's been coming out with lately. The fact we've gone through long periods in Rodgers 2.5 years here when we've come out the blocks fast suggests it's a more recent issue.

Also saying how rodgers hasn't fixed a few problems since he's been there... all of this is sounding rather familiar don't you think? that's our Brenny right there, we know leicester fans we know
    He's a chancer, I've never rated Rodgers, I only liked him briefly for ditching what he did the first half of the season and switching to playing Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling as more of a front 3 as i wanted, well a front 2 of Suarez and Sturridge with Sterling or Hendo quickly making it a 3, then he went and fucked it up by trying to make himself appear clever putting Stevie as a No6, Stevie was one of my favourite ever Liverpool players and brilliant at so many things and in so many ways, but a No6 he was not, I blamed Rodgers for the slip and for tainting Gerrard's absolutely brilliant career with us, I'll never forgive him for it

Leicester, together with the filthy are the 2 teams the new and much welcome 'meaningful contact' interpretation on what constitutes a foul has impacted the most on, because they were the 2 sides whose way of playing and entire ethos was heavily and hugely reliant on going to ground easy getting soft pens, free kicks and fouls, Villa under Dean Smith were another, no surprise there is an incredible disparity between how many time Grealish was 'fouled' last season and how many times he's been fouled this

Rodgers has been given an incredible amount of credit for players he inherited, both in his first team squad and several who were products of what is a very good academy set up they have who were, to his great fortunate, just at the age and of the quality they could start contributing to the first team when he arrived, all of which was nothing to do with Rodgers and he shouldn't have got any credit for