Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: This Weekend’s Other Games : 4-12-21

Rangnick has got his work cut out and then some with the filthy's mob on the evidence of today's game, just about scraped a win and they don't look capable of keeping their discipline and interest when it doesn't come easy for them, or keeping the press going for more than a half of football.

They are the 16th lowest in the league at present for pressing, there are numerous teams who have been trying to press and steadily getting better at it for the past 3 seasons they've had Ole at the wheel, it is a considerable stretch to think they can suddenly become a pressing machine better than 12-14 teams who've been playing a pressing game for 2 to 3 seasons
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Rodgers getting found out again, the chancer, Leicester relied far too much on the gamesmanship element of their game and they're another side, one of very few who don't employ any kind of effective press too

Leicester are a counter attacking team. If you play like that you need to be good at controlling the ball/game in your own half. Otherwise your caught between two stools.
    My mind goes back to game against Man-united a few years ago. When Rodgers was manager the team did neither in the game. It fucked me off massively that day.
    all systems have issues. we get caught now and then over the top with runners.Its about dealing with it and lessoning the counter attacks as much has possible. thats where good control of the game comes into it.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I like Maddison at one point coupla seasons back..But since his antic in the game against us last season and the facts hes been shit for a long while. hes been scrubbed off..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I like Maddison at one point coupla seasons back..But since his antic in the game against us last season and the facts hes been shit for a long while. hes been scrubbed off..
    He was always a shit cunt

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Rodgers getting found out again, the chancer, Leicester relied far too much on the gamesmanship element of their game and they're another side, one of very few who don't employ any kind of effective press too
    But has managed to outperform United, Arsenal and Spurs while managing the behemoth that is Leicester City.

MNF and know nothing Carragher and Neville are so fucking annoying, Rangnick has done fuck all so far, he has a brilliant run of fixtures to get going, but honestly, they pressed better yesterday, in periods, they struggled to keep the pressing going for more than 30 minutes of the game, they lost intensity, motivation and direction for about 30 minutes second half when things hadn't gone their way easily as they would have hoped

I can't help but feel there is an absolute massive issue with the mentality of almost all the players they have in their squad, they've been given so many free hand outs over the last 4 seasons to keep them just about competing for top four, they have been frequently massively overhyped when doing okish with their free hand outs and not been given nearly enough thoroughly deserved stick for being lazy and unmotivated and poor

I don't think most of their players will ever be strong enough or good enough mentally, how they've been molly coddled by the UK media and past managers and pundits really hasn't helped them at all, 3 to 4 years of being used to that is going to take a long time to fix if it can be fixed at all, they're pretty much all damaged goods in my opinion

I'd take Barnes from Leicester. He'd be dynamite in our side after a few months with Klopp.

Neville was talking about them finishing 3rd being a reasonable target, what the fuck planet is he living on? He needs to get out of fantasy Manc land and look at their players, they've got some very good players, but as a collective, whatever team or system Rangnick wants to put out, they are nowhere near the quality of City, Liverpool or Chelsea, not in defence, not in midfield and not in attack

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'd take Barnes from Leicester. He'd be dynamite in our side after a few months with Klopp.
    Hmmmm, could possibly be a decent squad player or better, diving cunt though and I don't like diving cunts