Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Wolves v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    A nice birthday goal for me from big Div .
    Up the fucking Reds !!
    Happy birthday!!!

You and Jota.
    He ought to buy the both of you (you and Div) a pint.
    Both for your birthdays, and also for that fucking awful miss he had, and which Div's winner bails him out of.
    Now at least that's not all we're talking about.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Up the fucking Reds !!
    Nice one lad - drinks are on you
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Really hated how they play acted..I have no time for teams that slow games down like that. It came back to haunt them with the 5 minutes stoppage time. Ps the ref was iffy to say the least
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

from Opta:

Liverpool have scored 13 game-winning goals in the 90th minute or later in the Premier League under Jürgen Klopp, four more than any other side in the competition since the German arrived.

Watching the bench go ballistic in celebration is one of the joys of games like this.
    With special mention to Tsimikas who just lost it and went nuts on everyone.

You'd think he was the one that scored.

I love it when players on the bench are just as invested in the win as we are, when you'd think they'd be grousing at not getting any game time in a game they feel they might have made a difference.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

So…..

Erm…..

Is everyone now finally happy we didn’t sell Origi?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Watching the bench go ballistic in celebration is one of the joys of games like this.
    With special mention to Tsimikas who just lost it and went nuts on everyone.

You'd think he was the one that scored.

I love it when players on the bench are just as invested in the win as we are, when you'd think they'd be grousing at not getting any game time in a game they feel they might have made a difference.
    Be nice to see some of the dressing room celebrations, I hear they are washing divs feet 😳

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    You're like a fucking awful parent, who instead of just praising your kid for doing a great thing he just did, you instead ring up a laundry list of all the awful things he did six months ago just to show him that he's not all that.

Just enjoy the fucking win and learn to relax a little sometimes.
    Same patterns of play as too many games in which we tried to play tappy crappy against low blocks last season, exactly the same patterns, intensity very much lost, one of the reasons we will never be a tappy crappy side, one we don't have the players to be, midfielders or forwards, 2 when we try to play like that, because we've evolved through being the biggest pain in the arse kick ass rock and roll direct side, we lose so much of our intensity

I would have hooked Thiago and moved Hendo deeper alongside Fab, said so in the match thread at the time and stick by it, Origi got us out of jail, but overplaying and lacking intensity and being too slow in the build up was a problem all game, and trust me on the patterns of play, I have a head that recognises them incredibly well

Made up we got the win, but we need to recognise why we struggled to break them down and why we lacked the same intensity and that we saw too much of the same patterns from when we tried to play tappy crappy last season for far too much of that game and make sure it doesn't repeat itself or we might not be so lucky next time

Thiago's game today, almost all of it, involved playing a telegraphed crossfield pass to trent finding him far too deep and seeing him engaged by a defender by the time it reached him almost every time for almost all of his meaningful contribution, slows it down too much and isn't direct enough, we 100% HAVE to learn the lessons of that from last season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Up the fucking Reds !!
    Happy birthday Ian, enjoy your retirement
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Booooooooooooooom, I never give in or lose hope until the whistle has gone
    Well done 19. Great piece of willing.