Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1922232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Wolves v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We need better than Origi, we might have got better had we moved him on, he's mostly a waste of a space in the squad, one meaningful goal in almost 2 seasons, oh sure yeah, he's ripping up trees that lad, he's exactly what we need taking up a foreign spot in our squad

When he gets a chance and we are facing the wall he delivers. The club aren’t going to pay what it takes to replace him with better 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    When he gets a chance and we are facing the wall he delivers. The club aren’t going to pay what it takes to replace him with better 19.
    No Steveo, on 3 or 4 such occasions he has delivered, but he mostly fails to deliver anything or even facilitate the rest of the team playing at its best, unfortunately
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Just watched Big Div score on match of the day. Give that guy the keys to the city
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    No Steveo, on 3 or 4 such occasions he has delivered, but he mostly fails to deliver anything or even facilitate the rest of the team playing at its best, unfortunately
    Erm yes 19 - he has hardly played and would you like to work out just how important those select goals he has scored were.?

Cheer up miserable - we won, Hendo was shite and Your favourite player scored yet another crucial winner.!

Not seen the game yet, funnily enough I agree with 19 on Thiago and Steveo on Origi.
    When I have watched the game I’ll give an honest opinion on Thiago v Fabinho’s performance

I hope we do some serious business in January and very early in January in bringing in Tchouaméni and another forward to give us at least a shot at bringing the Premier League trophy home in May as right now, much as it pains me to say it, City are A LOT better than us and they have a far greater strength in depth

City are playing and have been since last season which was them reach their first Champions League final through employing almost all of the very best features of our team in that 15 game runs that really sealed our title win

Their development and use of Cancelo, very much along the lines of how I wanted our team top evolve and develop Trent is a season ahead of Trent's belated development

They are playing the fluid midfield 3 that was only evident in our 433 in that 15 game run and we didn't invest in other midfielders who can play it and have one who is limited who can't

For me City made the changes to how they used to play to play as our side evolved to play in that 15 game run, with the further obvious evolution on top of it still evolving, while we didn't follow up on our evolution or even recognise it.

Just feels like we're completely wasting what should be absolutely golden years, we haven't moved forward from 18-20 or even evolved, we've gone backwards, we're not as formidable a side as we once were. Mo's got better through his own hard work, as has Trent. We can't even blame FSG's mind numbingly short sighted penny pinching and failure to back Jurgen for it either, as to sack off the evolution in how we played the 433 system in that 15 game run in 19-20 and not build on that and evolve it further and to see City benefitting from trying to do just that, well, that's on our manager and staff

Pep clearly learning from your vast wealth of knowledge at winning titles and trophies at the highest level.

As for us adding to the squad I do genuinely agree

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Pep clearly learning from your vast wealth of knowledge at winning titles and trophies at the highest level.

As for us adding to the squad I do genuinely agree
    Joking aside, it is uncannily like Baldy reads here, I swear, the changes he has made at City are pretty much exactly those I wanted us to follow and the evolutionary path I wanted us to follow and unfortunately, jest as you might, I think he will be successful through implementing those things, more successful than he has been trying to play his tappy crappy, which he was binned off in favour of our 19-20 way of playing

"Divock Origi, the legend, finished it off and it's a great story," Klopp told Sky Sports.

"He's an incredible striker. For different reasons, he has not played that often but I hope one day he finds a manager that plays him more than I do.

"He's one of the best finishers I've ever seen in my life. In this great team, with our [front] three, he doesn't play all the time but he is a very positive boy, loves the club, wants to contribute, and he did in an incredible way."
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Not seen the game yet, funnily enough I agree with 19 on Thiago and Steveo on Origi.
    When I have watched the game I’ll give an honest opinion on Thiago v Fabinho’s performance
    On the part in bold I thought their partnership worked very well in pressing, covering each other and working with each other in defending and in taking out Traore as and when necessary, I thought any meaningful distribution from deep from both was entirely non existent and that was a huge part of why we struggled to create. I wouldn't view it as a Thiago v Fabinho thing personally, I just didn't think the distribution from deep from the pair in combination was anywhere near good enough

I struggle to watch our games at times without getting the hump, we could have a fluid midfield 3 of better midfielders all suited to playing it if we had recognised that evolution in 19-20 and followed up on it, I breaks my heart to see City implementing it so brilliantly and being so incredibly well stocked with numerous midfielders who can play it, while we're stuck back playing a midfield 2 because one of our managers favourites couldn't ever play in a fluid 3