Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2225262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Wolves v Liverpool

Love that reaction to the goal. LFC Unity = Made by Klopp.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Love that reaction to the goal. LFC Unity = Made by Klopp.
    Just a couple of months after Jurgen took the job at Anfield and speaking back in December 2015, Ferguson said he was “ 'worried' about the impact Jurgen Klopp is having on Liverpool.”

December 2015. He knew what he was seeing. He could see the talent combined with that infectious charisma.

Made a “Bang average squad” exciting to watch and a danger to all.

So few can really lead, that way.

He will be one tough act to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Just a couple of months after Jurgen took the job at Anfield and speaking back in December 2015, Ferguson said he was “ 'worried' about the impact Jurgen Klopp is having on Liverpool.”

December 2015. He knew what he was seeing. He could see the talent combined with that infectious charisma.

Hes an absolute one off, someone obviously will follow him but I very much doubt they'll be anywhere close to the impact he's had on LFC. 100% in the pantheon alongside Shanks, Paisley and Kenny.
    I, like most of us dread the day he goes.

Here's a question for youse

If you were offered the chance and able to magically do so, would you swap our squad as it is right now with the squad of Chelsea, as it is right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post

If you were offered the chance and able to magically do so, would you swap our squad as it is right now with the squad of Chelsea, as it is right now?
    No because i think we have the right ballance...
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

No. Personally I think Chelsea will fade away a bit and it will be between Us and City but I don't see City relinquishing top spot now.
    I might be wrong but I see Chelsea as a side punching above their weight a bit and I think it's by luck rather than design how they currently are.

Only the midfield personally, and even that at a push, I know that's not the question you're asking soo..

No.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I'm just trying to understand the comments about Klopp's brilliance in relation to the poor squad he has available to him. I continue to believe he is happy with his squad.

I could be persuaded to swap our squad with Man City's in some kind of hypothetical arm twisting, but I don't think I'd want to when all is said and done.. This squad of players that have been assembled are something special. Even if they have more options, we have more brilliance in some key areas and, actually, getting one over the stronger opponent carries with it its own pleasures.

We have players like Van Djik and Thiago who appear to have chosen the club over better paid job offers - you can say its all down to Klopp but I don't think that's true. Klopp and LFC go together and the only other teams that can attract players in the same manner are Real and Barca. And we can beat them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Next to impossible to follow to be fair - he ticks so many boxes.

One huge plus is the squad that the next Manager will inherit will be better than what Klopp got to inherit.

Not sure if it was his very first match or not, but there's a pic does the rounds on social media of one of Klopp's earliest line-ups for us -

Mignolet in nets.
    Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho and Moreno at the back.
    Lucas, Emre Can and Milner in midfield.
    Lallana, Coutinho and Origi the attacking options.

The bench consisted of - Bogdan, Toure, Randall, Allen, Ibe, Teixeira and Sinclair.

That bench makes me laugh profusely when people (these days) say "we need someone better from the bench" - whilst we can (and should) always improve our first XI strength and our bench options, our current squad and the one he inherited are Worlds apart - best bit now is we're even bringing through a couple of promising youngsters, as well as having the option of the transfer market.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Next to impossible to follow to be fair - he ticks so many boxes.

One huge plus is the squad that the next Manager will inherit will be better than what Klopp got to inherit.

Not sure if it was his very first match or not, but there's a pic does the rounds on social media of one of Klopp's earliest line-ups for us -

Mignolet in nets.
    Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho and Moreno at the back.
    Lucas, Emre Can and Milner in midfield.
    Lallana, Coutinho and Origi the attacking options.

The bench consisted of - Bogdan, Toure, Randall, Allen, Ibe, Teixeira and Sinclair.

That bench makes me laugh profusely when people (these days) say "we need someone better from the bench" - whilst we can (and should) always improve our first XI strength and our bench options, our current squad and the one he inherited are Worlds apart - best bit now is we're even bringing through a couple of promising youngsters, as well as having the option of the transfer market.
    At least he had a proper No6 in Lucas to start out with
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”