Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v AC Milan

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Thought our press wasn't established well on our righthand side. Possibly a reason for hooking hendo who had a good enough game tbf.
    Just wasn't working out for us today there.
    Much appreciated.

Chelsea played below their best and lost - we played below our best and won with a clean sheet to boot - I'll take it.

Hopefully back on the 2/3/4 goals per game train soon!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Yeah all of that.. Fabinho looked like was walking on eggshells for the second half. Its not easy when you run a lot against Everton then a team sits deep and you have to run to get ball first against a pack midfield..
    Thanks justme - Wolves have been defensively quite solid this season, though pre-match what gave me some confidence was the relative lack of goals they're scoring - ecstatic we nicked it.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Misplacing passes? Lack of energy in the press? Both?

Will see highlights when I can but any info appreciated.
    If you recall the patterns of play from last season as someone on the autism spectrum like me does from the period Thiago was playing and we were trying to be tappy crappy and were overplaying constantly and stopped being direct at all, that's what was happening today, Thiago was simply awful for me, kept playing nothing balls and slowing the play down too much, most of the passes he played were telegraphed attempted switches or crossfields to Trent, all cut our further forward and all absolutely pointless finding Trent far too deep with a defender arriving to press him as he received it pretty much every time

Thiago, while looking efficient, is as big a threat to our aspirations as any opposition team or player when we get into that tappy crappy mode with him in midfield, we got lucky today, we won't always get lucky, another reason we need to get Tchouaméni the lad from Monaco in for 1st January
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Cant work out why people want Salah to play or Thiago.

December is hectic we should be resting them.

We should try the front 3 Jurgen will play when the AFCON is on.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    We should try the front 3 Jurgen will play when the AFCON is on.
    That'd be

Jota Bobby Origi/Minamino

but Bobby isn't fit yet

Need to get a forward in as well as the lad Tchouaméni for midfield right at the start of January, I don't expect FSG will spend massive amounts on a forward, Hwang looks like he'd be a very good signing for what we need and fit in very well
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Do we have a return date for Bobby?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Cant work out why people want Salah to play or Thiago.

December is hectic we should be resting them.
    This this and this again.

Play kids We can’t afford to lose any of our first 11 to injury or fatigue. Christmas will rinse us out already without playing key men in a totally dead rubber

At least 3 other teams can get at 100% CL group stage record too. Means nowt

The AFCON only covers 2 home league games and FA Cup rounds 3 (and 4 if wego through). Unless theres a quarantine period the 3 lads will be back for the following league game. Lets just hope for no more midfield injuries and for origi, bobby and jota to click.

We're not siging anybody in Jan, and Bowen's price has just gone up after 2days performance so forget him in the summer too.

In the voice of Kevin Keegan - I will love it… love it if Origi gets a good run. Love the guy to bits - genuine club legend who always delivers when we need it most.