Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v AC Milan

The team ran a lot on Wednesday and todays game was never gonna be easy for the reasons Wolves packed their own half. And closed down in numbers. meant we needed to be ultra fit to control the game.. We were running on empty but kept going. Salah didnt have his best game but he was blocked off on the right. All in all we got away with it.and it was a vital win..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    11 clean sheets in 14 with them pair starting.

Wolves gave us little space and being honest we didnt really play well we just ground it out.

6.5/10 is how id describe it
    Thiago has been a lot better in the other games he's started with his distribution, he slipped back into his over playing and not producing any meaningful playmaking of when he first arrived today, he's far better when he just sticks to playing the type of balls and working situations to play them that our forwards and full backs thrive on, as he did in the last 10 games of last season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Thiago has been a lot better in the other games he's started with his distribution, he slipped back into his over playing and not producing any meaningful playmaking of when he first arrived today, he's far better when he just sticks to playing the type of balls and working situations to play them that our forwards and full backs thrive on, as he did in the last 10 games of last season
    As ive said earlier we didnt play well but we did enough.

Thiago Fab did ok today but sometimes the team you are playing nulify you and today was a drab game if honest.

1-0 was a fair result there wasnt many chancesfor either side.

You mention City and gush how they play but is it unexpected ?

Pep isnt a better manager than Klopp no chance he just has a COUNTRIES money backing him up.

I will never give City a good arse licking like some do I think them/Chelsea win the title but they operate in a different world.

Knowing our luck Pep will F off and Utd will get their act together.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    You mention City and gush how they play but is it unexpected ?

Pep isnt a better manager than Klopp no chance he just has a COUNTRIES money backing him up.
    I've never liked him until last season, as I am and as I have always been, when I see other people who have that ability to recognise best practice, to recognise when something is better than what they have been doing and recognise it so strongly they change what they've been doing for years and adopt it, as Guardiola did in ditching his tappy crappy we bizarrely attempted to adopt, well, I can't help but respect that enormously

For me Jurgen is the better coach in many respects because he has Guardiola nicking his ideas in a lot of respects, but on the other hand, Guardiola recognised the evolution our side made in Fab's absence in 19-20 and set his team up to play including that evolution beginning last season, whereas Jurgen didn't recognised it or if he did, he ditched it entirely to accommodate Fabinho and then compounded having done that by letting Gini go and bringing in Thiago

I actually knocks me sick seeing City play our 433 of 19-20 and succeeding with it and our going backwards in and moving ourselves further away from being able to play it if we wanted to, when it was the best we've ever played under Jurgen, it is mind numbingly bizarre

No way I'd play Hendo in this one, after the abject failure of the passing of both Thiago and Fabinho from deeper in the 2 in today's game, not picking out Hendo, any forward or full back in isolation ONCE in the entire game, absolutely woeful display on that front from the pair of them - We desperately need that Monaco lad in during January
    Thiago nearly scored a scrappy goal and provided a key pass, that's a pass for a shot.
    They had high pass completion stats, chipped in with tackles & intercepts and on 3 occasions made yellow card tactical fouls. Fab and thiago getting a freebie as such each.
    Our problems today were elsewhere clearly.
    Last edited by CCTV; 5th December 2021 at 01:40 AM.

I've never liked him until last season, as I am and as I have always been, when I see other people who have that ability to recognise best practice, to recognise when something is better than what they have been doing and recognise it so strongly they change what they've been doing for years and adopt it, as Guardiola did in ditching his tappy crappy we bizarrely attempted to adopt, well, I can't help but respect that enormously

For me Jurgen is the better coach in many respects because he has Guardiola nicking his ideas in a lot of respects, but on the other hand, Guardiola recognised the evolution our side made in Fab's absence in 19-20 and set his team up to play including that evolution beginning last season, whereas Jurgen didn't recognised it or if he did, he ditched it entirely to accommodate Fabinho and then compounded having done that by letting Gini go and bringing in Thiago

I actually knocks me sick seeing City play our 433 of 19-20 and succeeding with it and our going backwards in and moving ourselves further away from being able to play it if we wanted to, when it was the best we've ever played under Jurgen, it is mind numbingly bizarre
    I have to agree Pep is employing our 433 identically, except for the fullbacks, the midfield 3 and the 3 attackers. That aside its hard to tell them apart.

It bothers me to the extent it does because if I can recognise it as best practice, and Guardiola recognises it as best practice, other managers, maybe even the Rangnick guy arriving at the Filthy can recognise and come along an buy and implement a fluid midfield 3 as part of their press, it with the right players and with time and practice, it will ultimately become better than our midfield 3 can be in the press, as with Fabinho as part of our midfield, we can never have a fluid 3, that's why I don't like him, he's done everything I wanted to see him doing to improve, he's been doing all the things he needed to and didn't the last 3 or 4 games, but he'll never be a player who lends himself to a fluid midfield 3, so we're drastically limiting ourselves in stubbornly sticking with him and giving other sides opportunities to usurp us and move ahead of us by them being in the market for the best players to facilitate a fluid 3 that we won't be in for

That's why it pisses me off, it's pissed me off ever since Fabinho waltzed back into a side that had evolved and become much better in his absence that he didn't facilitate playing as it had played in his absence, which showed up disastrously the rest of that season, and waltzed back in through managerial favouritism not on merit - My head really really doesn't like things like that and never will

I just go along with it because I'm a red and Liverpool will always be my team, I can't pretend to like it though

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Thiago nearly scored a scrappy goal and provided a key pass, that's a pass for a shot.
    They had high pass completion stats, chipped in with tackles & intercepts and on 3 occasions made yellow card tactical fouls. Fab and thiago getting a freebie as such each.
    Our problems today were elsewhere clearly.
    No distribution from midfield, zero, nada, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I have to agree Pep is employing our 433 identically, except for the fullbacks, the midfield 3 and the 3 attackers. That aside its hard to tell them apart.
    Mate, you don't even have the faintest fucking clue what I'm talking about, which you have amply illustrated in your post trying to be a smart arse while making yourself look a complete dunce, to me at least

No distribution from midfield, zero, nada, nothing
    Statistically and evidently false. But hey let's not go and bring reality into your discussions as a counterweight.