Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v AC Milan

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It bothers me to the extent it does because if I can recognise it as best practice, and Guardiola recognises it as best practice, other managers, maybe even the Rangnick guy arriving at the Filthy can recognise and come along an buy and implement a fluid midfield 3 as part of their press, it with the right players and with time and practice, it will ultimately become better than our midfield 3 can be in the press, as with Fabinho as part of our midfield, we can never have a fluid 3, that's why I don't like him, he's done everything I wanted to see him doing to improve, he's been doing all the things he needed to and didn't the last 3 or 4 games, but he'll never be a player who lends himself to a fluid midfield 3, so we're drastically limiting ourselves in stubbornly sticking with him and giving other sides opportunities to usurp us and move ahead of us by them being in the market for the best players to facilitate a fluid 3 that we won't be in for

That's why it pisses me off, it's pissed me off ever since Fabinho waltzed back into a side that had evolved and become much better in his absence that he didn't facilitate playing as it had played in his absence, which showed up disastrously the rest of that season, and waltzed back in through managerial favouritism not on merit - My head really really doesn't like things like that and never will

I just go along with it because I'm a red and Liverpool will always be my team, I can't pretend to like it though
    We've evolved our style of play to counteract changes in the teams we encounter.
    It's working very well for the most part and better than what worked in the past.

Maybe you could just acknowledge that Jurgen is an innovator and far more fluid mentally taj yourself
    He transitioned to 433 to chase pep down, usurped him in ways and is now on the mission of winning as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Milner made himself unavailable for the game via suspension.
    That's a pity as I think Jurgen could field my 11 and seek another record.
    18 points from 18 in the group. Doesn't count for much in the grand scheme of things though. Already group toppers.

Gomez & Keita are expected to be back available for this game.

Kelleher
    Bradley Phillips Konate Tsimikas
    Neco Morton Ox
    Gordon Origi Minamino

No distribution from midfield, zero, nada, nothing
    Just off the top of my head,
    What about the pass into the unmarked trent in the box , in the first half ?

Pep played 433 at Barca its nothing new to him where he gets unstuck is trying to be too clever at times.

An example no DM in the CL Final.

All managers can play/copy our system but of the players you have are no good then it doesnt matter what system you use.

Pep is a top manager I know that but you hear rubbish like "Pep is a genius" no he isnt he is a manager who has a stacked squad to call upon.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    We've evolved our style of play to counteract changes in the teams we encounter.
    It's working very well for the most part and better than what worked in the past.
    We've dropped at least 8 points we shouldn't have already this season

As system's go, I don't think you can beat the 433 with a fluid midfield 3, for me it will always win, I shouldn't find it surprising that you don't understand the beauty of it and why it means you don't have to chop and change or adapt, because the fluid nature of it means you are constantly changing positions and formation throughout the game.

Teams can't set up to nullify you and counter on you as they can in any system in which your players are in set positions, you surely understand that at least? That's how it works, they have plans of which players to set up to press quickly when they get the ball and win the ball to counter off, their plans working are entirely reliant on that or those players being in fixed positions, if they aren't in those fixed positions, then how they have planned to play against you their entire week goes straight out of the window

I've watched City quite a lot last season and this, it's very plain to see the fluidity of their midfield 3 whoever is playing because they have numerous midfielders who readily lend themselves to that system and interchanging of positions, it isn't constant, but it is pretty frequent, you can't set up to counter off that, because the constants you need the opposition to have for you to do so aren't there. You use less energy, because the players aren't running as far or wasting energy running back to their set position and your press is better because you're not leaving gaps in your midfield where one of your midfield positions is empty at any one time.

When we played like that in 19-20 in that 15 game spell, Lallana, Milner, Keita and Oxlade all played games in that runs of games and all played really fucking well in our midfield and all rotated through the 3 midfield positions with Hendo and Gini in our games and all found themselves as the player in the No6 position a few times in those games

On an evolutionary front, it just knocks everything out of the park, because all 3 players and all the players in the squad who can lend themselves to the system all get to build on and improve all their abilities in each and every game, attacking, defensive, passing, movement, positional, the entire repertoire

Some of the discussion around Jurgen and Guardiola is one liking more heavy metal players and the other more technical players, there are some players who offer both those things, Konate for me is one, midfield wise Tchouaméni is definitely one also, as are Gravenberch and Bellingham

My ideal midfield for the future to stand us in great stead for at least a decade to come would be a fluid 3 in a 433 and consist of those 3 midfielders

Bellingham Tchouaméni Gravenberch

The heavy metal hard running, supremely athletic and imposing heavy metal nature of all 3 of them, combined with their technical ability in a fluid 3 in which all their skill sets could evolve constantly would make them absolutely formidable
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I also understand we need to play the 4-2 something because it's the only way Jurgen can play his favourite Fabinho and him not be a target for opposition players to set up to play off, however, one issue in yesterday's game was all our forwards were receiving the ball in the positions wingers receive it in a 4231, with players in front of them and a lot more to do, we didn't have the runs in behind - That needs fixing, we need to have the runs in behind so whatever we make the 'something' ahead of the 4-2 it needs to have the runs in behind from 2 of our 3 forwards
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You're wasted on these forums 19...

We've dropped at least 8 points we shouldn't have already this season

As system's go, I don't think you can beat the 433 with a fluid midfield 3, for me it will always win, I shouldn't find it surprising that you don't understand the beauty of it and why it means you don't have to chop and change or adapt, because the fluid nature of it means you are constantly changing positions and formation throughout the game.

Teams can't set up to nullify you and counter on you as they can in any system in which your players are in set positions, you surely understand that at least? That's how it works, they have plans of which players to set up to press quickly when they get the ball and win the ball to counter off, their plans working are entirely reliant on that or those players being in fixed positions, if they aren't in those fixed positions, then how they have planned to play against you their entire week goes straight out of the window

I've watched City quite a lot last season and this, it's very plain to see the fluidity of their midfield 3 whoever is playing because they have numerous midfielders who readily lend themselves to that system and interchanging of positions, it isn't constant, but it is pretty frequent, you can't set up to counter off that, because the constants you need the opposition to have for you to do so aren't there. You use less energy, because the players aren't running as far or wasting energy running back to their set position and your press is better because you're not leaving gaps in your midfield where one of your midfield positions is empty at any one time.

When we played like that in 19-20 in that 15 game spell, Lallana, Milner, Keita and Oxlade all played games in that runs of games and all played really fucking well in our midfield and all rotated through the 3 midfield positions with Hendo and Gini in our games and all found themselves as the player in the No6 position a few times in those games

On an evolutionary front, it just knocks everything out of the park, because all 3 players and all the players in the squad who can lend themselves to the system all get to build on and improve all their abilities in each and every game, attacking, defensive, passing, movement, positional, the entire repertoire

Some of the discussion around Jurgen and Guardiola is one liking more heavy metal players and the other more technical players, there are some players who offer both those things, Konate for me is one, midfield wise Tchouaméni is definitely one also, as are Gravenberch and Bellingham

My ideal midfield for the future to stand us in great stead for at least a decade to come would be a fluid 3 in a 433 and consist of those 3 midfielders

Bellingham Tchouaméni Gravenberch

The heavy metal hard running, supremely athletic and imposing heavy metal nature of all 3 of them, combined with their technical ability in a fluid 3 in which all their skill sets could evolve constantly would make them absolutely formidable
    Those points were lost playing in 433.

Yesterday we made hard work of it but our starting 3 forwards probably should have scored a goal each prior to Origi.

Presently our squad is best maximised by playing 4231. It facilitates our best 11 starting as well. I don't think your idea that our lads couldn't perform in a 4231 has been born out since Klopp deviated from 433. The fluidity in the side occurs further forward.

Also my impression is Hendo doesn't want to play 6 in a 433 anymore. Seems to fancy himself with a little more liberty to attack and playing in a double pivot that would be afforded.
    He seems to be enjoying his time as a 10/ram, all fit I'd have Bobby play 10 and a double pivot of Fabulous & Fantastic. For me Bobby has all the qualities for this role.

I think we could well see 433 return this year. Especially in the CL. It wouldn't be a massive surprise as Klopp has been using it mostly here.

Tactical flexibility is an important ability to develop imo. Good to have different shapes and an ability to introduce chaos into the mixture in addition to mere personnel changes.