Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v AC Milan

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We've dropped at least 8 points we shouldn't have already this season

As system's go, I don't think you can beat the 433 with a fluid midfield 3, for me it will always win, I shouldn't find it surprising that you don't understand the beauty of it and why it means you don't have to chop and change or adapt, because the fluid nature of it means you are constantly changing positions and formation throughout the game.

Teams can't set up to nullify you and counter on you as they can in any system in which your players are in set positions, you surely understand that at least? That's how it works, they have plans of which players to set up to press quickly when they get the ball and win the ball to counter off, their plans working are entirely reliant on that or those players being in fixed positions, if they aren't in those fixed positions, then how they have planned to play against you their entire week goes straight out of the window

I've watched City quite a lot last season and this, it's very plain to see the fluidity of their midfield 3 whoever is playing because they have numerous midfielders who readily lend themselves to that system and interchanging of positions, it isn't constant, but it is pretty frequent, you can't set up to counter off that, because the constants you need the opposition to have for you to do so aren't there. You use less energy, because the players aren't running as far or wasting energy running back to their set position and your press is better because you're not leaving gaps in your midfield where one of your midfield positions is empty at any one time.

When we played like that in 19-20 in that 15 game spell, Lallana, Milner, Keita and Oxlade all played games in that runs of games and all played really fucking well in our midfield and all rotated through the 3 midfield positions with Hendo and Gini in our games and all found themselves as the player in the No6 position a few times in those games

On an evolutionary front, it just knocks everything out of the park, because all 3 players and all the players in the squad who can lend themselves to the system all get to build on and improve all their abilities in each and every game, attacking, defensive, passing, movement, positional, the entire repertoire

Some of the discussion around Jurgen and Guardiola is one liking more heavy metal players and the other more technical players, there are some players who offer both those things, Konate for me is one, midfield wise Tchouaméni is definitely one also, as are Gravenberch and Bellingham

My ideal midfield for the future to stand us in great stead for at least a decade to come would be a fluid 3 in a 433 and consist of those 3 midfielders

Bellingham Tchouaméni Gravenberch

The heavy metal hard running, supremely athletic and imposing heavy metal nature of all 3 of them, combined with their technical ability in a fluid 3 in which all their skill sets could evolve constantly would make them absolutely formidable
    You keep listing them 3 players we might get one but all three would cost £200m plus.

None of them have played in the EPL either so we dont know how good they'd be.

If I could choose id go for Bellingham but he is probably the hardest to get with him being English you know City Chelsea and Utd will be after him.

Watched West Ham yesterday and Rice had a very solid game at DM again same 3 clubs will be after him.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    If I could choose id go for Bellingham but he is probably the hardest to get with him being English you know City Chelsea and Utd will be after him.
    I'd love him too, but we (generally) don't go for "the" talent and I'll be pleasantly surprised if we go for him.

Our team looks something like this in terms of recruitment -

.............................Roma

From within.......Free......Southampton....Hull

..........................Monaco

..............Sunderland.........Bayern (1-year left)

...Roma........Hoffenheim/Wolves.....Southampton

I don't see us breaking that mould too often.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'd love him too, but we (generally) don't go for "the" talent and I'll be pleasantly surprised if we go for him.

Our team looks something like this in terms of recruitment -

.............................Roma

From within.......Free......Southampton....Hull

..........................Monaco

..............Sunderland.........Bayern (1-year left)

...Roma........Hoffenheim/Wolves.....Southampton

I don't see us breaking that mould too often.
    I agree Sid we are more likely to go for a Bissouma/Zakaria type.

Roma looks a good place to look going by your team !

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    You keep listing them 3 players we might get one but all three would cost £200m plus.

None of them have played in the EPL either so we dont know how good they'd be.

Watched West Ham yesterday and Rice had a very solid game at DM again same 3 clubs will be after him.
    I'd say Tchouaméni could possibly be the most attainable of the 3, if we move for him in January and move very strongly for him, we could land him for 40-50m which given his age and considerable ability would be something of a steal and then see what we can bring in over the rest of the season and in player sales in the summer to see if we can land either of the others, I think all 3 will end up at different clubs, but you'd have an absolute beast of a midfield for over a decade were you able to land all three or any 2 of them in my opinion

It is long long LONG overdue us landing one of these next gen superstars from Monaco
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'd say Tchouaméni could possibly be the most attainable of the 3, if we move for him in January and move very strongly for him, we could land him for 40-50m which given his age and considerable ability would be something of a steal and then see what we can bring in over the rest of the season and in player sales in the summer to see if we can land either of the others, I think all 3 will end up at different clubs, but you'd have an absolute beast of a midfield for over a decade were you able to land all three or any 2 of them in my opinion

It is long long LONG overdue us landing one of these next gen superstars from Monaco
    We did ,your favourite. The Fabulous one !!!

“You're wasted on these forums 19...“

Now that would explain a lot

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    We did ,your favourite. The Fabulous one !!!
    Yes their shop did have a particularly big window that summer, they certainly saw us coming Wonder what Jurgen really thinks of it now the penny seems to have finally dropped with him that he can't play his preferred and most successful 433 high pressing game with Fab as his No6?

I think we'll sign Bellingham. Not sure why but I just see him at LFC.
    Gravenberch- can't think of many ereduvisie players who've recently made the switch and been any good. Ziyech looked dynamite for Ajax, done nothing. Van der Beek the same.
    Could be different though with him but historically they don't end up pulling up trees over here. Dirk was a one off.
    Never seen Touchyfeely but he's obviously 19s new fad. Like Soumare, de Paul etc,etc.

Yes their shop did have a particularly big window that summer, they certainly saw us coming Wonder what Jurgen really thinks of it now the penny seems to have finally dropped with him that he can't play his preferred and most successful 433 high pressing game with Fab as his No6?
    Fabinho is the only one they sold who went on to win the Champions League. Arguably our best season under Klopp playing 433.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think we'll sign Bellingham. Not sure why but I just see him at LFC.
    Gravenberch- can't think of many ereduvisie players who've recently made the switch and been any good. Ziyech looked dynamite for Ajax, done nothing. Van der Beek the same.
    Could be different though with him but historically they don't end up pulling up trees over here. Dirk was a one off.
    Never seen Touchyfeely but he's obviously 19s new fad. Like Soumare, de Paul etc,etc.
    De Paul is absolute quality, Soumare has great potential but was never in the Monaco lads league, more of a player who would be worth far more than we paid for him who we could sign relatively cheap who could fill a gaping hole for a season, always more squad player than tearing up trees for me

I think we lack options that can simply do the basics we need them to be able to for the team to function at its best, in midfield especially, the absolute lack of players we have who can press as they need to and who can play the type of passes our full backs and forwards thrive off is absolutely incredible. Just how desperately poor, clueless in fact both Oxlade and Jones were in their pressing ability in the couple of games we had to field both absolutely beggared belief, they were so far off it they looked like they'd been coached by Ole