Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v AC Milan

we have lost 1 in game in like 29 since Fabinho went back into the DM role. That says enough for me.. He'll make errors once in a while but which player doesent??
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Fabinho is the only one they sold who went on to win the Champions League. Arguably our best season under Klopp playing 433.
    No no no, you see this is entirely inaccurate, by your own account, we played quite a number of games that season in a 4231, it was in the second half of the season Jurgen reverted to his preferred higher pressing 433, and that is when the issues with Fab at No6 and teams setting up to counter on us successfully playing off Fab not picking players up and our playing Trent a lot higher began

Through that we had to bring captain fantastic back in and he and Gini in combination both picked up Fab's slack, the following season when Fab was out, we got to see the absolute heights of how Jurgen's preferred 433 high pressing game could be played with a lifelong midfield player and top No6 playing in his place, when Fab was brought back in, things immediately started to go a wry

Fab's our Pogba except for he can't play in a 3, not in the high pressing game in any event and that represents a real problem, we're currently not playing our best and most successful system and to the majority of our players strengths to accommodate Fab's shortcomings as a No6 in a 3 in a high press

He looks to be improving quite quickly with the support around him and deeper line in a great many of the things I have complained of about him, so hopefully, the penny has dropped about his flaws and they are being addressed with that support with a view to hopefully coaching him to be good enough to operate as the No6 in Jurgen's preferred set up, because if he can't improve to be good enough at that, well, there's really no point our keeping him, and he'll make an excellent player for another team who play with a 2 in midfield
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    we have lost 1 in game in like 29 since Fabinho went back into the DM role. That says enough for me.. He'll make errors once in a while but which player doesent??
    Atletico, Watford, City, Villa (7-2), West Ham to name but five off the top of my head without needing to look it up, Fab went back into that position, as we play when we have our CBs available in 2020 Justme - Last season's run of games was not the way we normally play or would look to play with all our players fit and that is what I am talking about

We simply HAVE to rest the key players for the Villa game. Milan will be fighting for this game. It will be a huge drain.

Then v Villa Stevie will be pumped and so will his team. Expect hell fire. We will need to be 100% on it or Wolves will look like a walk in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We simply HAVE to rest the key players for the Villa game. Milan will be fighting for this game. It will be a huge drain.

Then v Villa Stevie will be pumped and so will his team. Expect hell fire. We will need to be 100% on it or Wolves will look like a walk in the park.
    100%

Klopp wants to give his head a wobble if he plays any of the first XI.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Yep, if we can, resting the entire 11 that started our last 2 premier league games should be our aim, it should be compulsory

Not a chance. Its out of Klopps hands, FSG demand the money and UEFA fine us for fielding an understrength side.
    Some first teamers will be playing. Ridiculous but that's the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Not a chance. Its out of Klopps hands, FSG demand the money and UEFA fine us for fielding an understrength side.
    Some first teamers will be playing. Ridiculous but that's the way it is.
    Why would UEFA fine us? We get to name a squad for the competition, surely we are well within our rights to select any 11 we wish from our squad for the competition

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Atletico, Watford, City, Villa (7-2), West Ham to name but five off the top of my head without needing to look it up, Fab went back into that position, as we play when we have our CBs available in 2020 Justme - Last season's run of games was not the way we normally play or would look to play with all our players fit and that is what I am talking about
    Why are you mention games previously? i am on about the recent run OK??most of us are happy with Fab at DM and so is Jurgen. moving on. and further more it was ADRIANS FAULT. we lost A-Madrid and the forwards who missed loads of chances
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    and further more it was ADRIANS FAULT. we lost A-Madrid and the forwards who missed loads of chances
    We lost the first game and several others later that season through unnecessarily changing a winning side and making an incorrect assumption that Fabinho could play the No6 role with Gini at LCM to the same levels, including the distribution that had become integral to how we played in his absence, that Henderson had played it, and that assumption proved entirely incorrect.

What I will say is for the first time in a very long time I have actually been very encouraged by Fab's improvement in the last 3 games, he has started looking and scanning the pitch for where the danger is, I have seen him set off to go charging forward and actually realise he is about to leave a player wide open in his area if he does and check himself and come back and pick up that player and communicating both visually and verbally to all the other players where they need to be, because he's actually getting his head on swivel looking where the danger is - It's the first time in all the games I've seen him play he's ever done these things that are absolutely crucial for all midfielders and especially a No6, needs to keep working on all of that and his distribution

The aim has to be to coach him until his game develops to a level that he can play at No6 to the same levels as Hendo did in his absence, I'm just happy this is really belatedly being addressed, he's cost us points through not doing the things he seems to now be being coached to do already this season and it should have been incredibly apparent this needed the attention it now seems to be getting when he was undeservedly brought back into the starting 11 in 19-20