Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The ashes

My brother watches the cricket far more than I, by his account there have long been calls for Butler to be replaced by another wicket keeper batsman (can't remember his name) who many fans believe to be far better suited to test cricket
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    England's best bet is a draw, I feel. Not sure how our batting is going to stand up, with a large total to follow.
    England need a miracle, looking at the latest scores - Aus 470+ for 9, England 20+ for 2.
    Disappointed with the overall performance. How much do these players earn these days?

England all out for 236 and bizarrely Australia don't enforce the follow on which could come back to bite

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    England all out for 236 and bizarrely Australia don't enforce the follow on which could come back to bite
    "resting" their bowlers, while wiping out England bowlers and remainder of the team.
    Australia batted almost two days, first innings, while England toiled. Followed by England batting for less than one day, not too much work for the Australians fielding. Repeat.
    England players will be wiped out and demoralised by the time they start second innings.

Unbelievable.

Jos Buttler has trodden on his stumps.

Trying to take a single from the final ball, he goes right back to Jhye Richardson, but so far back his right heel nudges the off bail.

Australia are delirious, Buttler is crestfallen.

What a way to go.

After he did very well to survive as long as he did

Sums it up
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

A brave fight by England on day 5 but just delaying the inevitable in the end.

If they can't find runs from someone other than Root or Malan then it appears that 5-0 awaits

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    A brave fight by England on day 5 but just delaying the inevitable in the end.

If they can't find runs from someone other than Root or Malan then it appears that 5-0 awaits
    Can't help feeling there's a distinct lack of discipline in the England batting. Could it be down to all the limited overs cricket being played these days?
    Joe Root supposedly criticising the bowlers for a lack of "bravery". Doesn't bode well for the remainder of the series.

Third test. Bowlers bring England back into contention. England batsmen struggling again.
    Don't know why they bother. Absolute farce.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Can't help feeling there's a distinct lack of discipline in the England batting. Could it be down to all the limited overs cricket being played these days?
    Joe Root supposedly criticising the bowlers for a lack of "bravery". Doesn't bode well for the remainder of the series.
    I think the lack of domestic red ball matches played by the English team is a big part of the problem. I was reading a piece on espn cricket and there is a huge disparity between the number of domestic red ball matches played by England when compared to the Australian team

So, England lose the third test by an innings.
    Absolute shambles. Should be ashamed of their performances.
    English cricket needs a massive shake-up.