Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football V2

Fuel prices went up … and effin stayed up.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Tell me about it. I might as well park the van and range rover at the petrol station!!

Nightmare isn't it!

I am getting murdered at the pumps as I drive so much between picking up all the dogs. I probably need to raise prices, but am nervous to do so as my clients are feeling the pinch too (everyone is) and it feels really unfair to push the issue onto them when so many are struggling with the cost of living.

I'll hold out as long as I can before broaching it but it needs done eventually and I'm terrified that I'll suddenly be seen as an expendable luxury.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Difficult one mate, I’d look at it in January, people generally expect an annual price increase, particularly at the moment when everyone knows prices are going up on just about everything.

If you are really concerned, email your customers telling them you are absorbing as much of the cost increase as possible but without this small increase the business may/will have to close.
    You provide a service they need, they won’t want that …

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Nightmare isn't it!

I am getting murdered at the pumps as I drive so much between picking up all the dogs. I probably need to raise prices, but am nervous to do so as my clients are feeling the pinch too (everyone is) and it feels really unfair to push the issue onto them when so many are struggling with the cost of living.

I'll hold out as long as I can before broaching it but it needs done eventually and I'm terrified that I'll suddenly be seen as an expendable luxury.
    Dog walker/trainer does seem like a rather luxury sector of spending, sadly.
    Hope it works out for you, know a fair few yanks who are aghast at the inflation at the past and the knock on effects elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I guess the forum Christmas party is off?
    Was gonna try and do the forum Christmas awards, but I'm worried that without balinkays sensibilities I might thread a little too far.
    Been a quieter year this year.

Noods hasn't been spotted in an age, Balinkay took a break having seen his passion dwindle to a flutter and sadly I've not seen Skyebo post in a while either.
    I don't know skyebos age but he seems a fair bit older than myself and saw lots of lfc going back an age.

Might just do one for people to share their own thoughts and good wishes.

Inflation at the pumps

Nope they are not. Media scaremongering can have a terrible affect. Remember how they caused the recent fuel shortage?
    This is a huge problem. Society is in a situation now here pretty much everything is influenced or controlled by media and social media.
    I guess it's always been that way but social media ( the world's biggest evil) has a amplified it and the media make hysteria from anything so much worse to create headlines, the UK press must be up there with the worst.
    The big supermarkets not passing on the fuel cut savings is a disgrace and the govt should have stepped in. They are the first to complain and take issue when wholesale costs go and affect dividends etc but kept quiet when it would have beneffited the public.
    The cost of living will soar next year, new social care payment, council tax, food and energy all going up and barely anyone will get a pay rise that will come close to covering it.
    You already see now the increase in your weekly shop at the supermarket and fuel at the pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Tell me about it. I might as well park the van and range rover at the petrol station!!
    Aw Get you. "Range Rover". Flash c$%t. Lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Inflation at the pumps
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor?