Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football V2

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Manchester United due to take on Brentford on Tuesday evening, with kick-off at 7.30pm; but the Premier League fixture now in doubt as United have shut down first-team operations amid a "small number" of Covid cases
    Is there a threshold no. of positive cases in the PL squads above which the game must be postponed? Or are utd being deceitful c***s?

What's the fucking point..

of 50% of the population wearing masks and social distancing,

when the other 50% ignore the guidelines and do what the fuck they like without any thought for other people?

Rant over (for now).

Villa and Brighton also have cases apparently. Hard to avoid when you’ve got 30+ people in close contact.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    Or are utd being deceitful c***s?
    Aren't they always?

BREAKING: The Premier League has announced 42 new positive coronavirus cases among club players and staff, the highest weekly figure recorded since the release of testing figures began in May last year

Here we gooooooooo

here we go again

Coviiiiiid coming home for christmas......
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Or in others words.

Get them 3rd booster jabs in guys and gals… You just ain’t protected without it….Honest

Who said timing was everything…?

My kids school is absolutely rife with it. Half his football team have it.

But it is expected at this time of year, this is the season. The only newsworthy item is the new strain. What is alarming is that they admit they don’t know enough about it yet BUT they seem to know the booster is the way to protect against it.

That’s a neat trick

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Or in others words.

Get them 3rd booster jabs in guys and gals… You just ain’t protected without it….Honest

Who said timing was everything…?
    Yep, be afraid.

Sky News: The government has signed contracts to buy 114 million more COVID vaccine doses for 2022 and 2023 as UK cases of the new Omicron variant rise to 32.

I thought it was strange that they created the job position of "vaccine minister" for what should have just been a six month gig but no... they knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Manchester United due to take on Brentford on Tuesday evening, with kick-off at 7.30pm; but the Premier League fixture now in doubt as United have shut down first-team operations amid a "small number" of Covid cases
    Brentford and their local police force who will have had to make quite stringent arrangements for the game should refuse point blank any and all attempts from United, The Premier League and FA to postpone the game

United have a massive squad, given the team they fielded recently in the Champions League they have no issues getting at team together

Suspending training today isn't an issue, it was a rest or light training day anyway, Premier League clubs involved in European football all have several weeks of the season, most of the season, when they can't have meaningful, as in match preparation training

United faced a Norwich side in their last game who had themselves had to suspend training for a couple of days and were missing 3 players because of Covid
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The filthy didn't HAVE to close and weren't FORCED to close their training ground either, they chose to, elected to close it as part of a calculated and deliberate attempt to have their game against a bouyant Brentford following their comeback win in their last game, with Brentford having had a days additional rest and having no travelling to do in the knowledge because of covid you will be missing 3 or 4 senior players you would otherwise have been selecting to start the game

I really hope Brentford stick to their guns on this, the Premier League and FA will no doubt pressure them into accepting postponement of the game so the filthy can play them at a later date when they aren't missing players, when Brentford are probably the team who have had a days less rest, when the filthy have had longer to try and put Rangnick's ideas into practice better and when Brentford aren't in such a good moment as they are going into this game
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”