Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football V2

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Netherlands to enter into tight lockdown from Sunday to control spread of Omicron variant

F'kin hell I thought BJ was bad, and it's meant to be really bad here as usual compared to other places?
    I'm fed up of this crap. It's like Govts think one day this is just going to disappear. The lockdowns are just as damaging as being unrestricted.
    Peoples business' will go under, suicide,depression etc. The knock on effect is immense.
    All for a variant that's not actually killing many people. It has to stop, life cannot keep going on like this. IMHO.

Netherlands to enter into tight lockdown from Sunday to control spread of Omicron variant
    Haven't (closely) followed it all as I find it very overwhelming.

Can anyone pass comment as to why a measure like this might be taken? I get it's a "more infectious" variant, but also reported as "less deadly" - is it the time of year in terms of flu season to minimise strain on hospitals? Is it the fear that it could mutate to a highly infectious AND highly dangerous stage?

I'm not on the "just go out and lick people's faces / it'll all be fine" train, but I also appreciate the huge toll that lockdowns can take in terms of feelings of isolation and so on for folks and a full lockdown at a time when so many have vaccinations seems, on the face of it, a touch Draconian to my mind, based on my current (and admittedly very limited) grasp of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Haven't (closely) followed it all as I find it very overwhelming.

Can anyone pass comment as to why a measure like this might be taken? I get it's a "more infectious" variant, but also reported as "less deadly" - is it the time of year in terms of flu season to minimise strain on hospitals? Is it the fear that it could mutate to a highly infectious AND highly dangerous stage?

I'm not on the "just go out and lick people's faces / it'll all be fine" train, but I also appreciate the huge toll that lockdowns can take in terms of feelings of isolation and so on for folks and a full lockdown at a time when so many have vaccinations seems, on the face of it, a touch Draconian to my mind, based on my current (and admittedly very limited) grasp of the situation.
    Spreading like wildfire but only 7 deaths upto now.
    London in a state of emergency. We'll be locked down for Xmas I think.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Spreading like wildfire but only 7 deaths upto now.
    London in a state of emergency. We'll be locked down for Xmas I think.
    Thanks for that tees.

Do you know if people can get "long Covid" from Omicron? The farmer most local to me got it and it's basically like he has been a 20-a-day smoker his whole life and he needs much more help on the farm from his sons as he tires quickly now.

I think such a reduction in quality of life would be absolutely grim and I think (given my own lifestyle and job) I actually dread that more than most of the other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Thanks for that tees.

Do you know if people can get "long Covid" from Omicron? The farmer most local to me got it and it's basically like he has been a 20-a-day smoker his whole life and he needs much more help on the farm from his sons as he tires quickly now.

I think such a reduction in quality of life would be absolutely grim and I think (given my own lifestyle and job) I actually dread that more than most of the other stuff.
    I don't know mate. Very little is known about it at tye moment, theres theories that it's less severe but then a South African official said yesterday that its due to people bring vaccinated.
    Hopefully Long covid might due out if vaccinations and boosters work as supposed to.
    The majority of hospital admissions are unvaccinated people ( or that's what's being reported).

Thanks again for sharing what you know.

It's tricky. We want to be safe but there's a very understandable fatigue with it all. We took so much for granted.

Yes I’ve already seen some long covid exhaustion from the current infections in London. I presume they’re all omicron. It’s everywhere at the moment.
    It doesn’t seem to last too long for most people - but it has a nasty tiredness of the legs that is a bit uncanny. Most of the people I am seeing are vaccinated of course so that’s interesting. One of them was hospitalised at 35 weeks pregnant despite being vaccinated. She seems ok now, (two weeks later) but is unusually tired. She had blood clots in the lungs causing complications, so it’s hard to know to what degree the vaccines are involved in that - she’s an athlete.

Anyway, vaccine mandates aren’t the solution. Lockdown isn’t the solution. Zero covid isn’t the solution - no point stopping football games because of positive tests.

Wonder what bozza will do today.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Wonder what bozza will do today.
    Probably be attending a party later.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Probably be attending a party later.
    Early reports are we're going to be restrictions free still

Ha sod you rest of the UK

#Bozzasatthewheel
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.