Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saudi Football Super League

Saudi Football Super League

You can see it coming a mile off, they're doing it with the golf right now and Sky Sports are going mental about it as you'd expect as it undermines them and their golf coverage rights enormously

They're just such annoying hypocritical arseholes, they champion sportswashing City, everyone and their dog know they're fiddling FFP and potentially paying off match officials and they say absolutely nothing about it

Clubs getting the shit end of theirs and UEFA's non FFP enforcing stick and corrupt officials try to set up a super league so they can compete with the sportswashing clubs financially and they're the bad guys, not the lame twats at Sky Sports, BT, BBC and all other media sources for not calling any of it out

Then these golfers join the Saudi golf league and the Sky interviewers are being super SUPER aggressive and to the point of sportswashing and human rights abuses in every question they're asking

If they don't like it, if any of our media don't like it, if FIFA, UEFA the Premier League and the FA don't like it, they need to enforce FFP, they need to call out the sportswashing in football at every opportunity, because it will end in exactly the same way the golf is doing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

If dont get the rights then they will send out the gobshite G.Nev.

Remember him the man who hated the idea of 6 clubs looking after themselves when all the "small" clubs did the same during Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    they need to enforce FFP, they need to call out the sportswashing in football at every opportunity, because it will end in exactly the same way the golf is doing
    I fear you're absolutely and totally right - football, as we know it, could be unrecognisable in 10 years' time.

These ARE the questions all the Sky Sports, BT Sports and BBC pundits and commentators should have been asking all managers or players looking to join City or Newcastle from day one and equally as vehemently

Not sure if it's in your clip Sid, but the actual fucking nerve of asking the golfers if they'd play in Apartheid South Africa, we live in a country in which the media barons, because they don't want to pay their taxes, launched an unprecedented smear and disinformation campaign of false antisemitism against the former leader of the opposition for his want to hold Israel to account for their apartheid campaign and continual breaches of international law

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Would love it if Rob Harris got to ask a question of the likes of Howe or Guardiola.

https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/1534178101294415873?s

(Pretty pathetic answer from the Golfer by the way)
    I don't understand, aside from years of them being conditioned by it, how the majority of people in the UK can't see exactly how false and propaganda fueled with a view to the wealthy or those with some position of stature or power protecting their own interests our media is
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 9th June 2022 at 11:37 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I was thinking this the other day.
    I'd bet they'll certainly try or maybe even already have to a point.

It's all ok folks... The Saudis are ok again. Biden is due there in a few days to talk about oil prices.. I know I know what he said during the election...but but - oh who cares..

Yes I know Extremism is their top export, their ruler ordered a murder yadda yadda yadda... and yes they are blowing up poor Yemenis daily BUT on the flip side, they buy our weapons and we do need to get the oil prices sorted... Also, they aren't Russian... So swings and roundabouts.

When you consider that the top 1% of the top 1% in the US are responsible for over 40% of political donations, and still believe the USA is democracy... well I can't help you.

Was anyone really surprised that the Saudis were allowed in just prior to a Russian Oligarch being removed and YET another US owner given the green light to take over a major club? Do people not know when these things are scripted? Really?

When you figure out what is going on folks.. I'll hopefully still be here to tell you that I already told you.
    Last edited by Steveo; 9th June 2022 at 12:29 PM.

You arent too far wrong Steveo we know USA has their fingers in the pies.

Looking at things as a football fan not political my view is I dont care where people come from who own clubs, why should we most managers and players arent from the UK.

What I do have problems with is 1.FFP rules being signed by all clubs but some not sticking to that.

2.A country pumping all its money into a club is going to devalue the league at some point you see that in France with tv deals no point pretty much nailed on PSG will clean up.

I dont really watch golf and I see Nineteen point, it is easy to target golfers as they are only one person not a club etc.

It wont stop there next will be tennis for reasons above.

All anyone is asking for is fair competition and Newcastle if allowed to do as they wish it wont be.

FSG took loads of stick with Glazers for ESL but what options do they have other than to sell to China / other gulf states ???

PGA tour is now suspending any golfers involved with the LIV tournaments.
    Watch this space, and see how to deal with sportswashing.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It's all ok folks... The Saudis are ok again. Biden is due there in a few days to talk about oil prices.. I know I know what he said during the election...but but - oh who cares..

Yes I know Extremism is their top export, their ruler ordered a murder yadda yadda yadda... and yes they are blowing up poor Yemenis daily BUT on the flip side, they buy our weapons and we do need to get the oil prices sorted... Also, they aren't Russian... So swings and roundabouts.

When you consider that the top 1% of the top 1% in the US are responsible for over 40% of political donations, and still believe the USA is democracy... well I can't help you.

Was anyone really surprised that the Saudis were allowed in just prior to a Russian Oligarch being removed and YET another US owner given the green light to take over a major club? Do people not know when these things are scripted? Really?

When you figure out what is going on folks.. I'll hopefully still be here to tell you that I already told you.

How did the USA suddenly become the villains in this,...a discussion about the Saudis using sports to "sportswash" their (inarguably)appalling human rights record and the impending likelihood of it coming to football?

On the flip side, I have to applaud your skill at diverting (derailing?) the discourse into a pet grievance of yours, and this seemingly endless grudge you have against those evil 'Muricans and the evil 'Merican empire?

Such deft skill and surgeon-esque precision.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I always find the term sports washing a bit bemusing, seems to be an attributed charge aimed at the group, where that charge or intent is rarely part of what is a mere diversification of their portfolio/holdings by that group.

China wanted the Olympics to show the progress of their nation, not to have some baizou tell them they are part of the human race.

Qatar world Cup much much the same reasons, a display of power and wealth developed.
    The idea they are seeking the endorsement of some Owen Jones type to adjudicate on whether they are real Muslims and part of the human race, or those fake Muslims you find all over the world that are subhuman is rather laughable.

Saudis are investing in nufc as they are diversifying their portfolio and soccerball is a booming sector.
    They're not seeking validation from the Great British public