Page 16 of 151 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516171819202122232666116 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Villa now look to be signing bentancur

Not sure why they're going all out in Jan, hoping for top 6?
    Villa have actually got a number of games you'd fancy them to pick up 3 points in ahead of them, if they get this lad in, who looks top quality, I could see them potentially putting a run together with the other players they have and were they to do so, they play City on the final day
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    And he wants to play CB and is only fourth pick at best
    Played 28 times in the League in our winning season.

Says a lot about our centre-back depth that we have 3 better options.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Let's not go there again, I'm not a stats type guy, but I did go to great lengths to check the stats on defensive contributions in the vast majority of our games in the title winning season and there were numerous games, over half of them, in which the quality of our press and counter press was so good our defence and goalkeeper were virtually redundant
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Don’t mention our league winning season Sid - lest Pep Guardiola starts thinking about copying us - working out how to get 99 points - he prefers 99 to 100

The Owl is apparently in line for the watford job..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Apparently, Gini's not interested in waiting until year 5 or 6 of his "Grass is Greener..." experiment like Coutinho's Barca (mis-)adventure, to decide that it's a failure, and he now wants back in to the Premier League.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4578515/transfer-talk-georginio-wijnaldum-wants-premier-league-return-and-eyes-arsenal-as-destinationhttps://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4578515/transfer-talk-georginio-wijnaldum-wants-premier-league-return-and-eyes-arsenal-as-destination

It seems like it's The Arse that are his desired destination, and apparently he was a boyhood fan(?) ....{**insert laughter here**}....

I would imagine that seeing Coutinho's relatively successful return with Villa has convinced him that riding the bench at PSG (even though while being paid a precious mint),....is not the way to go for his career.

I'm not sure that the Arse want any part of that (reported) 300K wage bill, though, and it seem PSG are just as keen to hold on to him to keep warming those benches.

I'm also not convinced that Arteta would have any more luck than Poch did in making him look like more than he's actually worth on the field like Klopp did.
    But such is the way of regrets....

Cheeky bid?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The Owl is apparently in line for the watford job..
    I thought he had retired from Football completely.
    They oughta leave the man alone to enjoy his well earned retirement.

What?
    Fat Sam's left his phone unplugged again?

What's a football "genius" gotta do to get a job these days?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Villa have actually got a number of games you'd fancy them to pick up 3 points in ahead of them, if they get this lad in, who looks top quality, I could see them potentially putting a run together with the other players they have and were they to do so, they play City on the final day
    Imagine going into the final game of the season a point or two adrift of City...
    Stevie wouldn't make City slip up, would he.??? Be beautiful if it happened though... Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I thought he had retired from Football completely.
    They oughta leave the man alone to enjoy his well earned retirement.
    Jay-Z style retirement!

Seriously though - you'd have to think (if he takes it) that he absolutely loves the work of being a Manager, if he's willing to jeopardise what is limited time - he is 74 after all and if he lives to be, I don't know, 80-85 let's say, then he'd be giving up quite a bit of precious time.

Irrespective of whether anyone rates him or not, it just seems very odd to want to re-enter the fray at this stage. You'd have to wonder if the extra bit of money that would presumably go to his family (assuming he has kids/grandkids?) might be a factor, though surely he's accumulated enough cash over the years that they'd be pretty set anyway.

All very weird all-round.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Jay-Z style retirement!

Seriously though - you'd have to think (if he takes it) that he absolutely loves the work of being a Manager, if he's willing to jeopardise what is limited time - he is 74 after all and if he lives to be, I don't know, 80-85 let's say, then he'd be giving up quite a bit of precious time.

Irrespective of whether anyone rates him or not, it just seems very odd to want to re-enter the fray at this stage. You'd have to wonder if the extra bit of money that would presumably go to his family (assuming he has kids/grandkids?) might be a factor, though surely he's accumulated enough cash over the years that they'd be pretty set anyway.

All very weird all-round.
    "99 Problems and Watfords just 1" MC Woy.