Page 101 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5191949596979899100101102103104105106107108111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1510

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well @Taksin, contrary to your doubts over how my head put together Spurs signings of Bentancur and Kulusevski and how they should/would line up before they did so And the dynamics those players in that combination with their existing players would bring to see Spurs land 4th, sadly for all of us, it was absolutely spot on
    I don’t think I doubted you on any specific points accurate or inaccurate. My view is that your way of thinking is not the only way - the people who bought those players for spurs and or their manager probably don’t think the same way as you and yet they also thought they were onto a winner with those signings.

The question is whether your perception is infallible. I won’t bring up Quaresma again but let’s just say the attributes you identify by autistic insight may not be a guarantee of anything. We can all speculate on what will happen next but until history has come to pass only time will tell. And as others see things differently it’s always possible they see something we don’t.

Well done for championing Bentancur and Kulasevski!

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    The question is whether your perception is infallible. I won’t bring up Quaresma again but let’s just say the attributes you identify by autistic insight may not be a guarantee of anything. We can all speculate on what will happen next but until history has come to pass only time will tell. And as others see things differently it’s always possible they see something we don’t.
    'It' further develops abilities, insight and perception with increased exposure to things, exposure has obviously been dramatically increased in the last 13 years
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Looks like Touchy Feely going Madrid now.

All the latest rumours suggesting Tchouameni has snubbed LFC and elected to join Real, almost definitely for financial reasons rather than sporting reasons

Bit of a blow as we keep missing out on these generational talents, then spend years batting our eyelids at them as we have MBappe and Dembele, Laimer it is then

I'd be very happy if we could land Gallagher too as Chelsea will no doubt offload a few players

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Looks like Touchy Feely going Madrid now.
    Yep, following MBappe's lead really, moving, or staying in MBappe's case for money rather than development, game time and honours - Edwards would have got this deal over the line mind, market knowledge, he'd have pushed to get a deal done while Real were putting all they had into signing MBappe, like City did with Haaland, which if they hadn't, they'd now be looking to nick their target rather than ours

Poor form from Ward in my view, failing in his first window already

Im not in agreement with that line Ward has failed.

Clubs work on multiple deals its not like Madrid would say yeah we'll talk to Mbappe 24/7 forget the rest.

Madrid are a huge club and lets face it most players will jump at the chance to join them.

We'll have someone lined up but its anyones guess who.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Im not in agreement with that line Ward has failed.

Clubs work on multiple deals its not like Madrid would say yeah we'll talk to Mbappe 24/7 forget the rest.

Madrid are a huge club and lets face it most players will jump at the chance to join them.

We'll have someone lined up but its anyones guess who.
    Laimer would be my guess, we've followed him and been linked to him for some time

I stand by my Ward line, market knowledge, why do you think City went to get a deal over the line for Haaland as early as they did? Because their recruitment team had the market knowledge and foresight that Real were putting all their eggs in the MBappe basket and were anything to go wrong, they'd quickly move onto Haaland

Same applies to Tchouanemi, even though a different position

Edit: Let's hope Ward gets his act together and gets some quality in and moves players on for more fitting fees than the derisory offers mentioned so far, just been robbed of the title and City 1-0 in being savvy in the transfer market too now, embarrassing
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 24th May 2022 at 05:48 PM.

Whatever. Not arsed at all. He won't get much game time just like Camavinga. We'll have someone else lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Laimer would be my guess, we've followed him and been linked to him for some time

I stand by my Ward line, market knowledge, why do you think City went to get a deal over the line for Haaland as early as they did? Because their recruitment team had the market knowledge and foresight that Real were putting all their eggs in the MBappe basket and were anything to go wrong, they'd quickly move onto Haaland

Same applies to Tchouanemi, even though a different position

Edit: Let's hope Ward gets his act together and gets some quality in and moves players on for more fitting fees than the derisory offers mentioned so far, just been robbed of the title and City 1-0 in being savvy in the transfer market too now, embarrassing
    I think you are making an assumption based on nothing but your opinion.

City had already tapped Haaland up and paid him and his gang of knobs millions.

Madrid didn’t need Haaland as they still have Benzema who is playing to a high standard whilst Mbappe can play all three forward positions whilst Herman Monster can’t.

Edwards isn’t the master you believe him to be we didn’t get several number one targets over the line like Brandt / Werner but instead we got Salah and Jota so it worked out well.

We will likely have 5-7 names we are looking at and if we don’t get any of them we walk away.

We did this with Van Djik and we kind of did the same where we waited for Konate and didn’t do a Arry Redknapp and just bring any old crap in for a big fee.

City aren’t winning anything of the sort we don’t know who we get yet but I back us to bring the right player in.