Page 103 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3539396979899100101102103104105106107108109110113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1510

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Maybe he’ll sign for the winners

Hes hedged his bets and for that reason alone should be fucked off. Cheeky little cunt.
    We move on. We won't miss him.

Shit, was just preparing a song for good old touchy feely

Jesus wept, between them and City …

Chelsea head coach Thomas Tuchel is set to have £200m to spend this summer as Todd Boehly's takeover is on the brink of completion after the Premier League formally announced he had passed its ownership checks. (Telegraph, subscription required)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post

Chelsea head coach Thomas Tuchel is set to have £200m to spend this summer as Todd Boehly's takeover is on the brink of completion after the Premier League formally announced he had passed its ownership checks. (Telegraph, subscription required)
    That's just hearsay.

Spending guarantees nothing unless done with thought, care, timing and preparation.

Man United for example have bought Falcao, Di Maria, Ibrahimovic, Pogba, Ronaldo, Lukaku, Cavani, Martial etc and are primarily a Europa League side.

Meanwhile, we use things like Zone7 (think that's the right name) for Data Analytics in an attempt to improve our injury concerns, which has gone well this season, in overall terms. Teach Trent to modify his throw-in hand positioning so that he moves it more like a free-throw in basketball. Get Bayern Munich's nutritionist.

Recruitment plays a massive, massive part, obviously. But it isn't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post

Their club runs at a loss, they'll need to lose some players to get their wage bill in check, I doubt the new owner is planning on continually ploughing his own money into Chelsea trying to buy success as Abramovich did, not when he's competing with 2 sportwashing clubs with endless billions to throw at it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

There aren’t going to be enough players to go round at the moment. Is this due to be the biggest spending window ever? Spurs, Chelsea, City, United… I bet even West Ham will spend more than ever.

As for us, you would like to think that having reached three finals and taken the Premier League to the final day, that we’ve got some money to spend, or did it all go on Diaz?
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Diaz definitely part if the summer budget I think. That's why one mid and possibly a cheap full back will be all that's brought in.
    We dont need much more anyway. We'd all like two top midfielders but we also know that's not going to happen.
    Chelsea will no doubt have wholesale changes that doesn't see them improve much imo.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    As for us, you would like to think that having reached three finals and taken the Premier League to the final day, that we’ve got some money to spend, or did it all go on Diaz?
    It won't "all" have gone on Diaz, no. We will have money available. How much is a little harder to pin down. I'd need to retrace steps but I think we paid a large chunk of the Diaz fee up front as Porto badly needed money, which will have an effect.

The fact that Tchouameni has terms agreed with us (and yes, Real Madrid as well) suggests we can spend a bit, even if it's in instalments as is typically the case. If we go on to win the Champion's League we obviously get a bit more money in, but simply having reached the Final at all is massive - the disparity between what the winners get and what the runner-up gets (over the course of a campaign, ticket sales and television revenue in the equation) actually isn't very big.

In transfer "news" Real Madrid apparently don't want pay the current asking price for Tchouameni and the Barça president Joan Laporta tells @lesportiucat - “We can’t understand why the agent of Gavi wants to delay the contract extension. We are still waiting”.

Lots of lads saying we need two midfielders. If I had to make a "prediction" for some of our business going forward I would say we aim for Tchouameni in this window and then aim for Bellingham next window. By the time (hypothetical) Bellingham joins us Henderson and Thiago will be that bit older, Milner will likely pack his bags after the one-year extension and Ox will certainly be gone. Firmino likely gone too having seen out his contract (but not extended) which would help with the wages side of things.

Sales will be important as ever, as will lads departing on a free (wages off the books) - Phillips and Ox likely sales, Karius departure etc - the bits-and-pieces all add up and are a crucial part of how we operate, but going far in multiple comps certainly has helped revenue.