Page 104 of 151 FirstFirst ... 45494979899100101102103104105106107108109110111114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1510

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

It's been reported a few times that Touchytail followed by Big Jude was our plan.
    Not sure who or how that's known when it looks like it's gone to shit from the off if Touchy has decided on going to FC Shithouse.
    Obviously we'll have other options. Theres been a few mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Jesus wept, between them and City …

Chelsea head coach Thomas Tuchel is set to have £200m to spend this summer as Todd Boehly's takeover is on the brink of completion after the Premier League formally announced he had passed its ownership checks. (Telegraph, subscription required)
    £200m won't transform them in my view. Will help them massively to not drop out of the Champion's League spots though.

In defence, you have Rudiger, Christensen, Azpilicueta and Alonso that all need replacing. They have injury-prone players in the middle of the park and their forwards don't get as many goals as they should.

I don't think £200m will transform them into World-beaters unless they absolutely nail their recruitment.

Agree Miller. They punched above their weight a bit last season.
    Those 4 players leaving is a lot of quality to lose and impossible to replace in one or even 2 windows. You'd have to get 4 transfers bang on in one area alone. Never going to happen.
    They have plenty of chaff in that squad too.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It's been reported a few times that Touchytail followed by Big Jude was our plan.
    Yep it looked like Tchouameni was our planned first and long overdue marquee signing since Alisson and Virgil and Ward failed to get the deal over the line, probably busy pissing about in the Mbappe race we were never going to win on wages instead of getting the deal for the area we needed to strengthen most over the line

Yes we'll have other targets, but Edwards having let Ward take the credit for applying the finishing touches to the Diaz deal to smooth the transition, it's really not a good start to our adding higher quality throughout the squad, improving our best 11 and rejuvenating our first team and squad and building the Liverpool team for the next 5-10 years is it? it's the worst possible start

Hopefully he can recover it and make sure he's more on the ball with the market and what can happen and the incredible value of being able to close deals quickly while your potential competitors for a players signature are busy embroiled in trying to secure another target for an area they view as a bigger priority for them

Ward HAS to know and understand the market inside out, know what the competition is for players signatures, what else they're up to, understand where their priorities lie, understand the players wants and needs and be able to sell the benefits to them and close deals quickly when another suitor like Real is otherwise occupied
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

With due respect 19 we/you dont know that's what has happened. Not a lot we can do if a player is hedging his bets.
    In my opinion we should walk away from any player doing that. We don't need to hang around for those types, our transfer business the last few years has proved so.
    We didn't hang around for Diaz, we got it done because hes exactly what Klopp is looking for, great attitude to life in general aswellas football, grounded person etc. If Touchy is a Big I am then we'll have dodged a bullet like we did with Gotze,Werner,Draxler and Brandt and more.

If whats going on at LFC right now isn't enough to entice any player then fuck them basically.

You'd think by now that we wouldn't get our panties in a twist about this sort of thing.

The club have got transfers right far more than wrong over the last 4 or 5 seasons.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    With due respect 19 we/you dont know that's what has happened. Not a lot we can do if a player is hedging his bets.
    In my opinion we should walk away from any player doing that. We don't need to hang around for those types, our transfer business the last few years has proved so.
    We didn't hang around for Diaz, we got it done because hes exactly what Klopp is looking for, great attitude to life in general aswellas football, grounded person etc. If Touchy is a Big I am then we'll have dodged a bullet like we did with Gotze,Werner,Draxler and Brandt and more.

If whats going on at LFC right now isn't enough to entice any player then fuck them basically.
    We got it done because it was January and Spurs were trying to pinch him, Spurs not being able to offer anything remotely approaching what we could in top level football terms, not exactly the hardest deal to get over the line

Competition for Ramsay increasing now, we've stood still and been pissing around on getting that deal done too

Getting deals over the line is a sales pitch, all top players have other suitors, market knowledge, as in what the competitors are up to in regard of any interest they have in your top targets and how you can move quickly to get a deal over the line if they are otherwise occupied is obviously also vital - Your pitch, LFCs unique selling points is vital, the unique selling points the competitor can't offer them - Once they've signed, every player only ever wanted to come to Liverpool and we all know that is a very fucking long way from the truth, if is a fiercely competitive market out there and our man selling the benefits and closing the deals needs to be at the very top of his game

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    You'd think by now that we wouldn't get our panties in a twist about this sort of thing.

The club have got transfers right far more than wrong over the last 4 or 5 seasons.
    With a top salesman and negotiator getting the business done, Ward has everything to prove, this is our biggest window in a very long time, the next 3 all are, and this is far from the best start

We will likely move for Sangare or Laimer, there is fierce competition for both those players, Sangare is AFCON, having a midfield lynchpin who buggers off for a month at the busiest time of the season every 2 years isn't exactly ideal

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post

Agree on missed targets..

We could say the club has got transfers right…or we could say Klopp makes good players great.

I know where my faith is.