Page 105 of 151 FirstFirst ... 555959899100101102103104105106107108109110111112115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1510

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agree on missed targets..

We could say the club has got transfers right…or we could say Klopp makes good players great.

I know where my faith is.
    In Jebus?

Agree on missed targets..

We could say the club has got transfers right…or we could say Klopp makes good players great.

I know where my faith is.
    Desperately clinging to this formulation!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We will likely move for Sangare or Laimer, there is fierce competition for both those players, Sangare is AFCON, having a midfield lynchpin who buggers off for a month at the busiest time of the season every 2 years isn't exactly ideal
    AFCON is moving to the Summer quite soon I believe.

Afcon 23 is indeed to be held in June / July. Much better for clubs and much safer for the players to be playing in winter

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Desperately clinging to this formulation!
    I think it's pretty well known in football circles. Especially among those who have been there and done it. Both Alex Ferguson (who called it before Jurgen took his first press conference) and Alan Shearer have openly commented on the fact that Jurgen Klopp is overwhelmingly the factor that has taken us from where Arsenal are now to where we are.

Emre Can (who Klopp wanted to keep) where is he now? Coutinho, Gini..? They seem to be little more than nothing post Klopp. That's before we look at the youngsters like Brewster he got good wedge for. Look at Henderson before and After Klopp. Ok it took him a few years to be fair, but by 2018/19 he was looking a different player. Andy Robertson is quick... Klopp has made people talk about him as one of the best in the world. that simply does not happen under another manager in my humble opinion.

I really do worry about what happens in 4 years. I think most who go to Anfield on a regular basis do too deep down. they know the difference he has made. From top to bottom, he changed the club, the philosophy and the mentality.

I think it's pretty well known in football circles. Especially among those who have been there and done it. Both Alex Ferguson (who called it before Jurgen took his first press conference) and Alan Shearer have openly commented on the fact that Jurgen Klopp is overwhelmingly the factor that has taken us from where Arsenal are now to where we are.

Emre Can (who Klopp wanted to keep) where is he now? Coutinho, Gini..? They seem to be little more than nothing post Klopp. That's before we look at the youngsters like Brewster he got good wedge for. Look at Henderson before and After Klopp. Ok it took him a few years to be fair, but by 2018/19 he was looking a different player. Andy Robertson is quick... Klopp has made people talk about him as one of the best in the world. that simply does not happen under another manager in my humble opinion.

I really do worry about what happens in 4 years. I think most who go to Anfield on a regular basis do too deep down. they know the difference he has made. From top to bottom, he changed the club, the philosophy and the mentality.
    Hendo was a key performer for Rodgers in 2013-2014 scoring 4 and racking up 12 assists to be fair, he was always wildly underrated, even then, Jurgen mistakenly tried to phase him out in 18-19 in favour of Fabinho, Henderson returning to the side at RCM in the second half of the Southampton game, turning the game and remaining in the side thereafter proved the catalyst for our excellent end of season form that saw us just robbed of the title and land the Champions League.

He was then absolutely incredible playing the No6 role, infinitely better than any other player to have played it under Jurgen, landing POTY for his commanding performances in our 19-20 title win, for the record, as you do like to do our Captain fantastic down at every possible opportunity. He remains our most important midfielder as these things are a 2 way street and he understands Jurgen's system better than any other players and we're a vastly better side with him in it leading and directing

A better example is probably Mo, his goal average was 1 in 4 before Jurgen signed him and employed his abilities as he did as he did
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Almost the entire team were superb in 2013/2014, wasn’t too tough without European footy - with Sturridge, Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho all causing mayhem while Gerrard conducted the orchestra.. Even the lad on loan from Chelsea did ok. Blimey Skrtel was being linked with City and scoring a few too..

Hendo had a key role and a decent season that year without doubt but most seasons were pretty average pre 2018.

Like all our players, he has so much to thank Jurgen for.

I look at it like this. Imagine the Rafa 09 - team with Jurgen in chqrge. Add a few here and there to that and you have a side up there with the great European sides of history.
    Last edited by Steveo; 25th May 2022 at 01:17 PM.

Not from top to bottom, from near the top to the bottom. The mentality at the top changed before he arrived. You can accept that Klopp is a genius and still accept that this club is the most well run club in the league. Most people who go to the game, as you say, would accept that.

The only better run club is Man City, if by 'better run' you mean 'cheating cunts'.

So much of Klopp's success has been the result of good recruitment and squad building, much of which he had very little to do with. The only way you can avoid this conclusion is by running a hypothetical algorithm about players like Robertson, as if they'd be shite if they played elsewhere, and as if their potential wasn't spotted by the club's recruitment machine. Once you accept that it isn't all Klopp you can admit that the club has done all sorts of good business.

Talking about what happens when Klopp isn't here is another form of hypothetical bias. He is here. So are the owners.

I would guess that we all know what the major driving force is.

His name is Jurgen Klopp.

That’s all really

I don’t see how City are well run btw. They simply have a bottomless pit of money and can buy almost whoever they want. And they are cheats who were caught cheating and are still yet to face the music for it.

City aren't well run in some terms, it is pertinently obvious they are fiddling FFP, Der Speigel provided proof they were. They are quite well run in playing terms, they have some sort of system they've adopted for helping their players enhance their physical attributes, a few have significantly developed their power and strength and gained some pace and speed off the mark, it's been notable in De Bruyne, Rodri and Foden this season from last

Jurgen is the driving force behind our success without a doubt, we have him for another 4 years, hopefully more
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”