Page 106 of 151 FirstFirst ... 6569699100101102103104105106107108109110111112113116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1510

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

I don’t see how City are well run btw. They simply have a bottomless pit of money and can buy almost whoever they want. And they are cheats who were caught cheating and are still yet to face the music for it.
    But that is your formula for being well run, remember?

Anyway, I hope you can overcome your depression due to the neglect of squad investment Klopp has had to work under and survive the drumming we receive in the European final. I'll light a candle for how bad things will be in four years time.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    But that is your formula for being well run, remember?

Anyway, I hope you can overcome your depression due to the neglect of squad investment Klopp has had to work under and survive the drumming we receive in the European final. I'll light a candle for how bad things will be in four years time.

Nice try..

Tell you what old bean...I do love a good old bit of "drumming" at the big games.. especially from the travelling Kop..

Mane saying he'll answer the question after the CL final.
    I'm not liking the sound of that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    yep had a feeling he'd leave before salah but we'll see

you have to wonder that's why we got Diaz

we don't tend to bring in players with a outgoing, not ones that cost a bit it's not fsg's way.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Sounds ominous

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    When FSG FINALLY are prepared to make some serious investment in the squad, we've just let the guy who can get the deals over the line go Typical
    When people credit Edwards they should realise that nigh on 100% of his success is down to Klopp and the pull he has with players

Klopp arrived and the transfer room was revolutionised.
    Net spend dropped.
    Player sales saw an increased return.

Edwards negotiated and did the paper work. Klopp drove the culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I really do worry about what happens in 4 years. I think most who go to Anfield on a regular basis do too deep down. they know the difference he has made. From top to bottom, he changed the club, the philosophy and the mentality.
    4 years is a long time in Football. I would try, as best you can, to simply allow yourself to enjoy the process, enjoy what this Manager/Squad/Club are achieving and we'll see what happens.

That's not said to try to shut the conversation down - everyone can (and should) discuss what they will on the forum. My fear for folks is that they won't get the maximum out of what will be Golden years, which would be a real waste considering how little (relatively speaking) we fans have control over it.

Klopp may extend again, or Lijnders may get the job, or we may recruit someone else.

What we can guarantee is that the next Manager will inherit a better squad than Klopp did, with a better mentality than what Klopp did, with a better crop of youngsters than what Klopp did, with better backroom staff than what Klopp did, all to be played out with better revenue streams than what he inherited and a bigger stadium capacity to cheer it all on.

The squad the next Manager inherits will all have a certain style of play in their playing DNA which will go right down to Academy level, rather than a mish-mash squad with a couple of Manager's different ideas flowing through it. The Manager that is picked will (most likely) be versed in modern Football as opposed to a Hodgson/Allardyce type.

We will likely experience a bit of a drop-off because nobody (right now) is comparable to Klopp. That does not mean that we are Doomed to capitulate like the Manchester Reds.

We'll be alright.

Yep, tbf I didn't post it on it's own it was just a thought towards the end of another. I probably worded it too strongly. I don't mean that I am actively worried now about where we will be in 4 years, but rather that when Jurgen does leave, beyond the sadness at his departure will be a genuine concern that we will see a drop in performance levels precisely as you have pointed out, because the man is a one off and nobody imo is getting close to what we have done in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    When people credit Edwards they should realise that nigh on 100% of his success is down to Klopp and the pull he has with players

Net spend dropped.

This is the point for me. Klopp makes everyone else look significantly better than they probably are. Look at United - half the fanbase and plenty more around the country thought the Steve McLaren was a genius - look how that turned out divorced of Whisky Nose!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post

Net spend dropped.

I disagree. The culture starts at the top.

(I don't think Klopp revolutionised the transfer room. He helped direct it to his needs, but they were learning very fast and improving their methods quite quickly. Everyone talks about the FSG approach to transfers - no one talks about the Klopp approach to transfers. Klopp choses the players offered to him based on their personality - but that freedom is given to him from above as a matter of trust)

When players look at LFC they see a great manager at a club that is going places. The manager is fully supported. He can stamp his identity on the team only because the whole machinery upstairs has anointed him and is fully focused on making that happen. This adds security to their move as they know, should Klopp leave (as he was scheduled to do until very recently), the club will keep moving forwards.

When they look at United they have no idea what to expect. That's because the hierarchy has lost its way. When they go to Real Madrid they have no idea who the manager will be in 12 months but they know the same pattern will continue, even though it won't because they are becoming structurally weak as well. Their model may be running out of steam.

The most important factor for success is the state of the owners and CEO. Their vision is what creates the conditions for success. As Jose Mourino said earlier this season, there is a difference between a great manager and a great manager who is fully supported by his club.