Page 107 of 151 FirstFirst ... 75797100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1510

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Brian Clough could pick a great CEO

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Mane saying he'll answer the question after the CL final.
    I'm not liking the sound of that at all.
    He's gone.

If either he or Salah were planning on extending, they would have done so already some time ago and dispensed with all this drama and the disquiet it's likely caused in the dressing room - much like how Klopp got his own extension out of the way quickly without fanfare just so he could get on with the business of football.

If either of them do sign extensions, I'd still hold them at fault for drawing it out like this and creating a media story and drama for no reason.
    I'm more disappointed in Mane in this regard because I'd already come to accept Mo's selfish streak alongside his twat of an agent's constant social media twattery and antics.

Hopefully this puts a kiboosh on any plans by the club to loan out Carvalho as had been the rumour and have him just start integrating into the team and start getting that new front three of Diaz, Jota and Carvalho/Elliot jelling with one another.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    He's gone.

If either he or Salah were planning on extending, they would have done so already some time ago and dispensed with all this drama and the disquiet it's likely caused in the dressing room - much like how Klopp got his own extension out of the way quickly without fanfare just so he could get on with the business of football.

If either of them do sign extensions, I'd still hold them at fault for drawing it out like this and creating a media story and drama for no reason.
    I'm more disappointed in Mane in this regard because I'd already come to accept Mo's selfish streak alongside his twat of an agent's constant social media twattery and antics.

Hopefully this puts a kiboosh on any plans by the club to loan out Carvalho as had been the rumour and have him just start integrating into the team and start getting that new front three of Diaz, Jota and Carvalho/Elliot jelling with one another.
    Agree fully mate.
    Pair of selfish fuckers. This club has been good yo them, they get paid a lot. Just because they could get paid more elsewhere doesn't mean they should demand it from LFC.
    If they go then their careers head downwards too. They never get better than this club.
    Like you I'm disappointed in Mane too, thought he was better than this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    yep had a feeling he'd leave before salah but we'll see

you have to wonder that's why we got Diaz

we don't tend to bring in players with a outgoing, not ones that cost a bit it's not fsg's way.
    Probably wants to focus on a huge game and take the circus away.

We will buy again if he goes especially with Origi going.

I hope he stays but if we can get £40-50m we might take it.

We cant let all 3 leave for free.

I’d be up for selling them both in the summer and buying a couple of up and coming replacements. Would freshen things up for a new era of Klopp’s reign. Put the new ones on lower wages and we could get two midfielders in as well
    Time to get rid of some old wood

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I’d be up for selling them both in the summer and buying a couple of up and coming replacements. Would freshen things up for a new era of Klopp’s reign. Put the new ones on lower wages and we could get two midfielders in as well
    Time to get rid of some old wood
    Sarcasm again or genuinely?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Sarcasm again or genuinely?
    No I’m serious.

They are ageing. We can get a couple of good years out of them but people on here will be moaning in no time if they lose some of their edge and we lose explosive energy.

Either way I’ll be happy

Selling both Mane and Salah will be easier to bear if we tonk Real Madrid in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Selling both Mane and Salah will be easier to bear if we tonk Real Madrid in the final.
    Realistically I think the plan (if we include Firmino) would be to -

- Sell one to re-invest some funds and bring the average age of the attack down.
    - Let one see out their contract as a final year of them is of more value to us than a sale as we ease younger players in.
    - Extend the contract of one to ease the transition a bit so it doesn't all seem too drastic.

Not particularly bothered what happens, unless all three left on free transfers - that wouldn't be great. But even in that worst-case-scenario we'd find a way to cope and we would still have Klopp to guide us through the next phase, not to mention that Diaz, Jota and Carvalho would still be here, with talents like Musialowski and Gordon waiting in the wings to become some of the squad depth until we made a signing or two.

Hopefully we win the Champion's League and become an even more attractive proposition for our targets.

As someone posted elsewhere, if they want one last big pay day, which isn't really Mane's style to be honest, it's more Mo's, I couldn't and wouldn't begrudge it either of them, they've won every single trophy available to them in their time here and either or both might decide that finishing on a flourish with 3 trophies including another Champions League in the bag, that everyone and their dog knows should have been an unprecedented and historic quadruple, them having been robbed of the league title for the second time in four years, might be a great time to bow out

Neither will be leaving for top honours bar a national league win if they go to a one or two team league, it'll be for one last big payday
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”