Page 11 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617182161111 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Perhaps Klopp seems the value of an option with experience of scoring big goals on big European nights is more valuable to us than the fee we would receive for him.
    Agree. To be fair he would have been proven correct in Origi's case.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Aston Villa added Coutinho and Lucas Digne to their squad. Good to see Gerrard getting some backing. Big game at the weekend for them. #coyv
    Agree, they played some good stuff against Utd, adding good quality will see them improve. I'd love to see him do well with them aslong as it's not at our expense.

Perhaps Klopp seems the value of an option with experience of scoring big goals on big European nights is more valuable to us than the fee we would receive for him.
    Wasn't it Klopp who first suggested he can go? Seems odd that he'll be allowed to leave for free when FSG can get a fee but then again they did that with Gini so maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Wasn't it Klopp who first suggested he can go? Seems odd that he'll be allowed to leave for free when FSG can get a fee but then again they did that with Gini so maybe not?
    I hear you.

Gini though (like Origi could prove to be) ended up being of more value by giving us that last season (contributing to Champion's League qualification) than the likely fee we would have gotten for him had we sold with 6-12 months left on his deal.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I hear you.

Gini though (like Origi could prove to be) ended up being of more value by giving us that last season (contributing to Champion's League qualification) than the likely fee we would have gotten for him had we sold with 6-12 months left on his deal.
    You can't count on origi saving us all the time though, it's a daft way to look at it yes he's had his heroics but he's not some worldie we have on the bench

howeevr he shouldn't leave for free either, not like we're rich

madness.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

According to reports Klopp has been blocking Origi moving in the January transfer market because of Afcon

Several clubs have shown interest although most are European.

if we had money we could actually sign someone to replace him haha

#broke

#smallclub
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    According to reports Klopp has been blocking Origi moving in the January transfer market because of Afcon

Several clubs have shown interest although most are European.
    We could do with him being fit for another must win semifinal

But he's down for a return on February 5th here
    https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    You can't count on origi saving us all the time though, it's a daft way to look at it yes he's had his heroics but he's not some worldie we have on the bench

howeevr he shouldn't leave for free either, not like we're rich

madness.
    You're absolutely right, we can't rely on it regularly.

But it potentially only takes one goal. We get (roughly) £10m for reaching the Champion's League quarter-final I think. Then roughly £16m for reaching the Champion's League semi-final.

If we got a fee for Origi this January, what's it going to be, something between £8m and £15m? He might get us a goal that gets us past Inter, or past our opponents in the next round of we're lucky enough to get that far.

We need an upgrade long-term of course, but (in this instance) I don't see huge value in his sale, unless the money goes into a high-quality attacking signing we make before the end of the January window, which seems unlikely as most clubs with players we'd actually want have their own targets to reach and wouldn't want to sell.

Keep him, use him - he does tend to "turn up" for big occasions and if he does it for the right 90-minute spell in a knockout round it basically pays us back what we'd get for him anyway. I think that's the stance on him at the moment.

You're absolutely right, we can't rely on it regularly.

But it potentially only takes one goal. We get (roughly) £10m for reaching the Champion's League quarter-final I think. Then roughly £16m for reaching the Champion's League semi-final.

If we got a fee for Origi this January, what's it going to be, something between £8m and £15m? He might get us a goal that gets us past Inter, or past our opponents in the next round of we're lucky enough to get that far.

We need an upgrade long-term of course, but (in this instance) I don't see huge value in his sale, unless the money goes into a high-quality attacking signing we make before the end of the January window, which seems unlikely as most clubs with players we'd actually want have their own targets to reach and wouldn't want to sell.

Keep him, use him - he does tend to "turn up" for big occasions and if he does it for the right 90-minute spell in a knockout round it basically pays us back what we'd get for him anyway. I think that's the stance on him at the moment.
    Whilst that is quite reasonable it lacks something, be aggressive be be aggressive 😂

Dortmund crashed out of the CL if we plan to sign Bellingham say, then sell divock, pay them a bit more and bet on the newbie doing more than Origi.

It also assumes that the fee received will be offset by something that might not actually happen. I love big div but I'm not sure he'll get many minutes come the CL ko stages.

It's a strange one imo as typically cash in the hand is better than a possible and unlikely event offsetting the cash in hand.