Page 110 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1060100103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1510

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Whispers on twitter gathering pace about Kane being a potential purchase for LFC.

I would rather have Son. Klopp hugging him after the spurs game at anfield saying "here is special" klopp really likes him and to be honest, so do I.

I don't think Mane is leaving. He probably wants to focus on the final than deal with unsettling questions.

Salah running down his contract? Nah he can fuck off. You either commit or move on.

Kane in our team. Give us the title now
    He'd be fucking amazing.
    Absolute zero chance like.

I don't like Harry kane and I hope we don't sign him. There are just some players who I really dislike, Grealish, Madison, Sterling...and Kane is another one. I don't like the diving, whining to the ref, all that stuff. It doesn't show class. Also surely he is too old, to fit the profile of players we like to sign. And too slow as well. (90 minutes counter pressing.?.even super fit James Milner struggles with it.) If we were going to spend that much on a striker , then Nunez please.

He would be amazing in our set up in terms of his ability and all round play but I agree with all of that.
    Theres something about it that doesn't fit, they don't go together and that's why there's no chance in my opinion.
    Sometimes it's like that, transfers like Sanchez at Utd. He should have been amazing but it didn't work out that way. I think it's karma when it happens, he knows he shouldn't have left Arsenal for them.

I wonder what would have happened if we had signed Sanchez instead Baloltelli as Suarez's replacment?
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I wonder what would have happened if we had signed Sanchez instead Baloltelli as Suarez's replacment?
    Or Anelka instead of Diouf

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I always remember so damn naive and thinking Suarez was going to stay and we'd also get Sanchez.
    Difficult to say, he and Suarez snd Gerrard in the same team. Could have been unreal.

Well we were supposed to sign Suarez to play alongside Torres, but Torres fucked off and we ended up partnering Suarez with andy Carroll. But imagine Suarez and Torres up front...jesus. Try and defend against that.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Well we were supposed to sign Suarez to play alongside Torres, but Torres fucked off and we ended up partnering Suarez with andy Carroll. But imagine Suarez and Torres up front...jesus. Try and defend against that.
    Tbf, Nando was knackered by then.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I disagree. The culture starts at the top.

(I don't think Klopp revolutionised the transfer room. He helped direct it to his needs, but they were learning very fast and improving their methods quite quickly. Everyone talks about the FSG approach to transfers - no one talks about the Klopp approach to transfers. Klopp choses the players offered to him based on their personality - but that freedom is given to him from above as a matter of trust)

When players look at LFC they see a great manager at a club that is going places. The manager is fully supported. He can stamp his identity on the team only because the whole machinery upstairs has anointed him and is fully focused on making that happen. This adds security to their move as they know, should Klopp leave (as he was scheduled to do until very recently), the club will keep moving forwards.

When they look at United they have no idea what to expect. That's because the hierarchy has lost its way. When they go to Real Madrid they have no idea who the manager will be in 12 months but they know the same pattern will continue, even though it won't because they are becoming structurally weak as well. Their model may be running out of steam.

The most important factor for success is the state of the owners and CEO. Their vision is what creates the conditions for success. As Jose Mourino said earlier this season, there is a difference between a great manager and a great manager who is fully supported by his club.
    The transfer room performed as it did prior to Klopps arrival.
    Since Klopps arrival net spend is around half the BR rate, and the hit rate of successful transfers is abnormally high. I'd suggest his influences.
    He has stated he has the first and last say on transfers, the underlying structures and limitations are just the restraints he's operated under.
    When I say Liverpool, they say Klopp. Including JwH

The club is run in a relatively well and stable manner. However its recent fortunes align with the arrival of Klopp.

2 lesser cup finals in his first season, 3 CL finals and arguably good enough to have 3 PL titles over his tenure to date.

Klopp can't manage without a club or team.
    In a post Klopp era it's likely we won't find a better manager than him.

Owners minus Klopp
    versus
    Klopp minus the owners

Klopp at other clubs would succeed.
    The owners future success will largely revolve around the next set of managers.